981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
Fuji Avatar
I have a bad habit of starting to make a site because the idea sounds cool but falling through before seeing it finished 😔. It’s just the idea of a site of a certain thing sounds awesome and as I’m building them I really have fun. Maybe I need to get back into adderall lol

the biggest mood :/
aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro

I'm sorry but I am just so, so, so tired of being nice to people when I shouldn't have to be. I am tired of getting questioned over the decisions I choose for my own site. I am tired of feeling like I need to bend over backwards for people, lest I become the bad guy. I am tired of members stepping over me and abusing my niceness. I try really hard to be open and understanding and welcoming and relaxed -- and it just ends up biting me in the ass.

I have such a hard time putting my foot down so I guess partially it's my own fault, but I just am losing my patience more and more as time goes on. I feel myself growing more and more bitter and having less patience for it.

For the love of God: read the rules. Don't argue about it. Be nice. I don't get paid to do this shit so don't boss me around just because you want something.

Also I cannot say this enough: If you don't like my rules, my decisions, and you don't like my site - LEAVE. You don't have to be here. No one is making you stay.

Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
I do not it when people are like "oh I really want a site like [insert a specific type of site here]!!!" and then when I make an interest check for said type of site there's only crickets chirping :/

Like, yesterday I was talking with some folks from the Dutch RP community about some forum RP nostalgia things, and I saw a bunch of people say they'd want a new (Dutch) Pokémon site after the previous big one died (a few years ago) because of too much staff-related drama, but when I ask what people would want to see on said new Pokémon site people say they're probably not going to join another site :/ Why ask for a new site if you're not gonna join it?
last edit on Feb 18, 2021 10:45:56 GMT by Mari
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,794written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I have been trying to exercise saying the site I admin on is our site when it makes the most sense. Because while yes, I went to ProBoards, got the URL, wrote the rules and the original species, I do not consider TDOM mine anymore. Everything else beyond the nitty-gritty functions was created by the community roulette. The fact we hit jackpot is nothing short of a miracle. It just feels good watching all these people I have come to care for come together and help cultivate that community. The community made TDOM what it was, so while my staff and I direct the site, I still consider the site as both the staff's and the member's. If it were not for the people backing me, I would never gotten my dream of having a site that lasted longer than a few months. So thank you to the members, past, current, new and even future for this opportunity.

This may not be a confession, but I have no clue where to put this. ^^"
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Do ya ever just get too busy to be a staff member, but it's your own site so you have to? haha

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,794written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
It's sad seeing how quick some sites die. ;-; I like seeing more sites pop up and staying for a while, but sometimes it seems a few months pass or even just a single month and suddenly they are inactive. It is the sad part of advertising.
last edit on Feb 20, 2021 13:59:46 GMT by Chibi Magician
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Sharp Avatar
People replying to every ad they link back: are you okay? Just lock the thread after you link back.

Anyways the site I work for does this and it baffles me.
Listen.... I would forget that the posts are locked... And just kind of wonder why I can't link back. Personally I like replying that I've done a link back so that I can just look and see if I've got any new ones to do. My brain does not have the capacity to remember which ones are done. At least if I reply to the thread that I did it, then I can just look and see which ones are new. So no. I'm not okay. I need a new brain that is capable of remembering things for longer than 20 seconds. ha...

Staffing confession: Why the hell do I have a levelling system that makes literally no sense. It's not like it's that much extra effort but damn.

540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Sharp Avatar
People replying to every ad they link back: are you okay? Just lock the thread after you link back.

Anyways the site I work for does this and it baffles me.
Listen.... I would forget that the posts are locked... And just kind of wonder why I can't link back. Personally I like replying that I've done a link back so that I can just look and see if I've got any new ones to do. My brain does not have the capacity to remember which ones are done. At least if I reply to the thread that I did it, then I can just look and see which ones are new. So no. I'm not okay. I need a new brain that is capable of remembering things for longer than 20 seconds. ha...

Staffing confession: Why the hell do I have a levelling system that makes literally no sense. It's not like it's that much extra effort but damn.

This might just be me, but on a proboards site specifically my laziness just clicks the recent posts and looks at some of the posts to see if the community looks interesting. When I see just ads & little posts saying "linked back" I sometimes click away. Not saying I join every site I look at anyways, I just sometimes take a quick glance when I am posting an ad back or something.

-

I love and hate leveling systems. I like them better when it only provides a minor edge, because it really sucks to suck.
last edit on Feb 21, 2021 22:18:17 GMT by Sharp
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,794written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Next weekend I have to remember to write the next event. Crossing my fingers and hoping this goes well cause if it does not. >....> Well that will be awkward and we will be back on the late event release train.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I'm falling behind on my own plot things. I was supposed to write up like 3 plot related event threads and I have not done that. March is in a week and I'm not where I wanna be. Oops. Hurray for executive dysfunction though.

269written posts
Kei ⚸earned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei ⚸
Kei ⚸ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
....if it's an animanga site, why are you using real life claims?
....how hard is it to read rules and the plot of the site?
....WHY are you making a centaur??

sigh, joys of being an admin.
last edit on Feb 22, 2021 18:22:15 GMT by Kei ⚸
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
Kei ⚸ Avatar

Probably like 8 years ago now so I don't feel super bad. Had someone come onto a feudal japan site and app a megaman character on me. I was quite baffled.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Sharp Avatar
Kei ⚸ Avatar

Probably like 8 years ago now so I don't feel super bad. Had someone come onto a feudal japan site and app a megaman character on me. I was quite baffled.
Guys... I had someone make a transformer. Legit no joke. They wanted to turn into a semi truck. I'm all for creativity but please. They're human.