Staffing Confessions

pronounshe + his
47written posts
karmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
karma Avatar
"It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone."
Chibi Magician Avatar
I have been try-harding my welcoming game. If someone joins, I want them to feel welcomed, so I work hard on that! Even if they don't stay, everyone deserves a nice, warm and happy welcome. ^-^

Love this. I've been trying the same in my server. I think it's the little things that can go a long way especially when joining a community where you feel like you don't know many people.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I also would wonder what is the reason that people leave or just lose interest. I can't blame them from doing so, but I think if there was an 'exit survey' option it would be so dang helpful.

The opposite is also true though, the why did you join and what made you stay is just as equally important. Getting members is hard Q.Q

i mean. i've not been on either of your sites but.

for me, the biggest make-or-break for a site i've already joined is, well, whether or not i get a plot i'm invested in. if i have a plot that i really like and am excited to play out, i typically tend to stay on a site (barring if there's suddenly bad staff / a problem member). if i run out of that "new site steam" and i don't have a plot i care enough for to stay, i tend to leave.

it's nothing personal, i just. have been in way too many situations where i stuck around on sites i wasn't invested in because i was holding out hope for xyz want ad to get taken but it never was and i was just wasting time i could have spent on sites that were giving me what i wanted so. yeah. life's too short to wait around forever for something that isn't sparking joy.

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
I would pay so much money for a skin/site that has a pixel art aesthetic. I'm not even joking. I feel like pixel art is such an underused aesthetic in the rp community.
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I also would wonder what is the reason that people leave or just lose interest. I can't blame them from doing so, but I think if there was an 'exit survey' option it would be so dang helpful.

The opposite is also true though, the why did you join and what made you stay is just as equally important. Getting members is hard Q.Q

Here to sound blunt again. A lot of people don't want to put in any effort to get plots going, they make a character and expect that they will be showered in threads without visiting plotting channels.

Or they do visit the plotting channel and then they say yes to a plot they aren't interested in by someone on the welcome wagon because they are just excited to get started. Once the honeymoon period ends they bounce.

I find it so frustrating especially on a launch, I'll probably just stick to modding on established sites.
pronounsfeminine
379written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
Mouse Avatar
I would pay so much money for a skin/site that has a pixel art aesthetic. I'm not even joking. I feel like pixel art is such an underused aesthetic in the rp community.
i remember a site that had that game Tiny Tower for its concept? it was cute, super cool with an interesting concept(adventuring and all that) but it never got far. 10/10 would want to join it again ;;
pronounsthey/she
248written posts
sacredearned bits
offlinecurrently
sacred
sacred Avatar
Do not seek forgiveness, for it will not ease the burden. It weighs as it should.
idindin Avatar
Mouse Avatar
i remember a site that had that game Tiny Tower for its concept? it was cute, super cool with an interesting concept(adventuring and all that) but it never got far. 10/10 would want to join it again ;;
zooming past to say i was on that site and it was amazing and i miss it :sob:
164written posts
Fujiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fuji
Fuji Avatar
I hate being a rude staff member but when an individual keeps asking for favors in terms of grading or constantly asking about rules even though they’re readily available and easy to digest. I just kind of stop doing stuff for them. More a tough love kind of deal. Like go read up on the community’s systems and wait your turn like everyone else
aliasaktaie
pronounsshe/her
49written posts
Sleepy Sombraearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sleepy Sombra
Sleepy Sombra Avatar
Fuji Avatar
I hate being a rude staff member but when an individual keeps asking for favors in terms of grading or constantly asking about rules even though they’re readily available and easy to digest. I just kind of stop doing stuff for them. More a tough love kind of deal. Like go read up on the community’s systems and wait your turn like everyone else
I wouldn't really say that's rude, tbh. It's more rude (and lazy) that the member keeps doing that. Staff are there to help keep the site running/updated, not be the personal secretary or butler of each and every member on the site.
164written posts
Fujiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fuji
Fuji Avatar
I have a bad habit of starting to make a site because the idea sounds cool but falling through before seeing it finished 😔. It’s just the idea of a site of a certain thing sounds awesome and as I’m building them I really have fun. Maybe I need to get back into adderall lol
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
Fuji Avatar
I have a bad habit of starting to make a site because the idea sounds cool but falling through before seeing it finished 😔. It’s just the idea of a site of a certain thing sounds awesome and as I’m building them I really have fun. Maybe I need to get back into adderall lol

this hits home

fuck adhd u__u
164written posts
Fujiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fuji
Fuji Avatar
fossa Avatar
Fuji Avatar
this hits home

fuck adhd u__u
A a big FU to the Percy Jackson franchise that made ADHD seem cool and life saving. All it does it make you act like the dog from Up! 😭
last edit on Feb 13, 2021 20:09:44 GMT by Fuji