write a reply

Staffing Confessions

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Another reason why I don't think I want too make a site is I can't decide between proboards and jcink.... I like how some of the jcink accounts allow applications too be built in the profile instead of on the site but at the same time, I will have too save the url so that I don't lose it and proboards has all my urls linked so I only have too remember just the one site. x.x
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Gotta make a new skin for summer. Why? Because I like seasonal skin changes. Do I have the motivation to actually do this? Who knows~

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Thanks heh <3

Staffing Confession: I live to serve my members. Really. Tell me what makes you happy and I'll do my best to make it happy. Something upsets you, I'll try and veer away from it. You like a certain aesthetic? You got it fam. Need some personalized posting templates? I got you, even if it takes me forever because I can't focus for shit. I live and breathe for my members. They're the best thing.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I am a bad admin, but that's okay. I make my members scream at me for random painful things at various times of the day. It's fiiiiine

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I'm back too desiring too test jcink out again. What can I say, it doesn't sound like too me proboards is going too become what I want it too be even though desktop won't be a problem in the near future. But than again I have high hopes I'll be able too use desktop on jcink and if not, at least it has the other things I desire from a host.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I also really want to try jcink but the admin panel is so.............. ugh. I just don't have the freakin time.

honestly, the admin panel looks a lot worse than it is.

real talk? i can almost guarantee you won't use half of that panel at all and more than three-quarters of it for day-to-day use. (i know it throws a lot at you at once, but tbeh, i actually find it much better organized than the proboards admin area, with a few exceptions, like the permission mask vs member group divide or custom profile fields being under the edit user area rather than the skinning area.)

but also, as a general tip, you can actually limit the acp to only display the categories you actively use (which i very highly recommend, it limits access to areas you don't need people able to mess with + makes the overall acp a lot more manageable just as a general thing). of those, tbeh, i would say that most sites only really access the forum control, users + groups, and skins + templates on a regular basis for obvious reasons and then setup typically only expands into the jfh resources (for the file manager + premium), system settings, administration (to remove emoji), custom ubbc code (to add in a blockquote), and maybe the ib store (for points / the built-in shop).

i keep meaning to actually take notes when i work on a site specifically for this purpose, to walk people through how to set up a jcink site on the back end (and then forgetting when it comes time to do it), but honestly, i don't think it takes a whole lot of time to figure out once you actually get past that "oh shoot that's a lot of options" knee-jerk response.
last edit on Jun 17, 2021 1:00:13 GMT by Kuroya

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I hope V6 gives us some more... crap. But I don't really wanna go into the alpha or closed beta this time like I did for v5. See, my problem is that I really hate change. I've been on Proboards since v3 and while I'm glad for all the changes, it's gonna be a toss up when v6 comes out if I stay with PB or move to jcink. I guess we will find out though.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I know for a fact that I'll only be making sites through jcink if I make any at all. I mean too me, proboards put cover down for V6 instead of hovers and it is just starting too look like the rest of the social media out there. I like how jcink stands out from them. At this point, the only thing keeping me from leaving proboards is the friends that own a site with them, but I will say I'd much rather have all my sites on jcink.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
The only thing that really keeps me from moving to jcink, aside from the sheer change it would be, is that some of my main group wouldn't move back to jcink if I pulled their teeth. I really like a lot of what jcink offers but at the same time, I'd have to relearn everything and I'm getting too old for change lol.

Staff confession: You gotta learn that you can't make everyone happy. You can only show some people the door from time to time.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
True to that. I will say though, v6 is starting to sound like things will have to be relearned anyway. So I wish you luck. Meanwhile I find myself testing out some codes on jcink for the sake of getting the feel for how the coding style works.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:52:01 GMT by Deleted