phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
update!
-- @murdoc + + (for more update tags in the future, like this post!)

sorry i've been a bit quiet on this front (site-building from scratch is either a 3 day thing or it takes me a month there's no in-between and amazingly the make-or-break is usually the skin), but i've been working towards stuff so. tl;dr coding is hell, there's not much to really update right now.

on the flip side, please take this early staff search and a couple previews of the lovely sortable pokedex i'm working on since i do not have enough of my act together on the site to just link it yet oops.
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
update!
-- @murdoc + + + (for more update tags in the future, like this post!)

not much more to update since it's still me slowly slogging through and not being in a position where i'm super ready enough to start dropping links places to let people start finding bugs.

once again, our staff search is still going on for some mods, and i'll probably start passing a link around on the 20th for people to start hunting out those bugs, if they're interested. provided i get all the main lore areas together in time.

also as a side note, i did end up tweaking evolutions to being all item-based (a la pokemon go a bit) from something you can snag either out of the shop or from quest rewards, just so we didn't have someone max evolving all their pokemon in .02 seconds and then having to deal with fun progression mismatches between their trainer levels and their pokemon teams. it's still not gonna be difficult, imo, it just won't take basically 1 thread to get your charmander to a charizard anymore.
last edit on Sept 15, 2018 18:05:59 GMT by Kuroya
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
update! sort of. just. not a good one.

to cut out the gritty details, i just got a dramatic cut in time i'd be able to devote to this (and energy) so. i'm still going to be working towards this, but i'm going to be taking deadlines off it and instead working towards it slowly at my own pace.

i apologize to everyone who was anticipating it being super soon. and it's definitely not a shelved project! i just need to ask everyone to be patient with me while i slowly work towards the end goal.
last edit on Sept 27, 2018 15:26:57 GMT by Kuroya
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
I'm gonna be trying to get to more of this real soon so hopefully I'll actually have progress next time I'm bumping this c:
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what's this? i'm actually working on this actively again? what kind of witchcraft is this?

honestly bless for dragging me in and helping me brainstorm some things because oops i'm here i'm queer and i'm actively banging out lore again, it's a small miracle.
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
FINAL UPDATE

Basically, this is going to be archived soon, but I wanted to make an actual official post before I let it go, if only so that people understood why it's now not going to be a thing.

Link Cable will not be coming soon. Or really at any point in the foreseeable future. I've been doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching and I've gone back and forth on this for a good few weeks, and while it's entirely possible that this will be a thing that eventually happens one day (since honestly, I really would love to do this for one last hurrah in the Pokemon world), it's just not something I feel I can confidently do justice to at the moment between my muse for the site being so finicky, my other site commitments, and my misgivings about my current staffing setup. And I would just personally rather let the site slip back into a loose development thing for the distant future than try to throw it together only to end up disliking it in the long run because I couldn't reconcile it with the vision I had in my head for it.

I apologize to anyone who was still looking forward to this, and I do highly recommend Pelipper Town (or I'll have something much smaller and quieter in the works in the near future) if you're still wanting to play out a lot of the cool mechanics I mentioned or, y'know, if you want a place that you can come love me on. Thank you for being so patient with me and I wish you all the happy fun times wherever you end up!
last edit on Nov 18, 2018 22:57:17 GMT by Kuroya
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.