[BETA TEST] Roses & Wine

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont="Averia Serif Libre"][googlefont="PT Sans"]
[attr="class","title"]Roses & Wine
[attr="class","title2"]"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
A long time ago, the realm of the fae, the Never, Never, used to home four different fae courts. A court for each season used to rule the Never, Never, but as the eons passed, politics, war and conflict forced the spring court to merge with the summer court, and the autumn court to merge with the winter court. 

The Seelie king Bran rules the summer court alongside his loyal wife Aoife, while the widowed Unseelie queen Aisling rules the winter court.

The two courts find themselves on edge, and as they desperately try to hold onto what little peace remains, they're caught in the middle of court politics as various involved parties try to maneuver the chess pieces on the board - for their own benefit.

But that's not all the courts have to worry about... As the real world advances, technology and science pushing its way forward, effectively putting an end to creativity and imagination, the Never, Never is dying - and so is the creatures living within it.

Roses & Wine is a post-to-post roleplaying game where players have the opportunity to permanently shape the world - and shape the futures of the people within in. Remember, life is like a chess game, and you don't want to waste a move.

What do the site have to offer?
  • Animanga face claims, original art, have at it!
  • A discord chat.
  • Several playable races, among them: two different kinds of fae, fauns, centaurs, elemental nymphs, demi-fae, merfolk, as well as other sentient and non-sentient creatures.
  • The option to make your own race. Yay!
  • Deities, holidays and additional setting information you don't have to read.
  • Court politics, intrigue and drama.
  • Playable royal members of the Seelie and Unseelie court.
  • Proboards.
  • A casual and lax site with no strict activity rules. Nor any word count or "site levels".

[newclass=.title]background-color:transparent;text-align:left;font-family:Averia Serif Libre;font-size:30px;color:#fff;line-height:90px;margin-left:20px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.title2]background-color:transparent;text-align:left;font-family:PT Sans;font-size:13px;color:#fff;text-transform:lowercase;margin-left:30px;margin-top:-35px;[/newclass]
last edit on Sept 3, 2018 22:10:10 GMT by Deleted
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
284written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
I really like this! I would say playing court politics as a main plot can be pretty difficult though. I did it once with a small group of 12, and so many people wanted to start OOC drama over IC drama. You couldn't try to double cross someone without their player getting bent out of shape, everyone wanted to be the winner, and no one wanted to concede. It tangled up and disbanded because no one could settle anything. </3

If you could somehow set things in place to avoid that, or run the top politics with staff controlled events or something, it might help? Or put a little more emphasis on the reality making things die aspect at first until you've got a good base who can handle the IC/OOC divide of politics well? 

I'm not trying to come off as negative, sorry if I am! I'd love for a faerie world to play around in. 

And I really love the types of characters you can play! I'd adore making a (deer) faun, and fae themselves as a concept peeks my interest really hard. Especially since I'm reading The Raven Boys Cycle books atm. 
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Yeah, the politics aspect was a concern for me too, so I figured that until enough court roles are filled for it to run smoothly on its own, I'd, like you mentioned, run the top politics with staff events, or rather than events, use IC updates: Small blurbs about how some sleazy NPC duke was talking smack about the king and planning ways to overthrow the throne, and let people react to it IC as they see fit?

But for the most part, at least early on, I want people to get a feel of the setting (both the politics of the two courts and also the whole "everything is dying, someone halp" and their characters before throwing anything major in their faces.

I also don't want to rush things in the site's early stages, and rather give people a chance to settle down before it all goes "I'MA BACKSTAB YO AND STEAL YO WOMAN AND CHILDREN, AND THEN YO THRONE KEKEKEKE". As for people always wanting to be the winner: I'm not sure there's actually much one can do about that? I mean, other than trusting people to be mature, and possibly encouraging them to give and take, rather than just to take.

I mean, personally, I enjoy playing characters who lose. I feel like it adds so much character development, rather than always winning or being right - even if my character might think they're in the right.

And you're not coming off as negative. I appreciate the feedback and it's good to have someone be like "but what about?", you know? When making a site, you already have this clear idea in your head and you already know the setting, so it's easy to rush through the writing and the ideas and miss out on getting down all the important factors that new people wouldn't know, even if you do.

I've always been that kind of person who's been all like "it's easier to just have one or two races", but then, in a setting like this, why restrict it? Why put a stop on people's creative freedom? And what I love so much about fae, is that you're pretty much free to make them however you want, you know? I'm also trying to make the races available as open as possible. Like, one of the fae types are similar to elves, but there's no restrictions on how they look, aside from pointed ears and elongated canines, as for the other type of fae, they can have any bestial trait you'd want, be it physical or psychological. Heck, they could look like a shark walking on two legs, or have only yellow eyes, or maybe they have the psychological traits of a wolf (Poor deer faun), but look mostly human?
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
284written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
Seems like you've already got a firm hold on the issues that might pop up! <3

melusine Avatar
Aug 30, 2018 9:45:40 GMT @melusine said:

I've always been that kind of person who's been all like "it's easier to just have one or two races", but then, in a setting like this, why restrict it? Why put a stop on people's creative freedom? And what I love so much about fae, is that you're pretty much free to make them however you want, you know? I'm also trying to make the races available as open as possible. Like, one of the fae types are similar to elves, but there's no restrictions on how they look, aside from pointed ears and elongated canines, as for the other type of fae, they can have any bestial trait you'd want, be it physical or psychological. Heck, they could look like a shark walking on two legs, or have only yellow eyes, or maybe they have the psychological traits of a wolf (Poor deer faun), but look mostly human?

Very much love this! It's got me excited to be able to play around in this world, since piecing traits together like Dr. Frankenstein is just so much fun!

As a side note, lmao on the shark imagery. I both pictured Katy Perry's leftshark meme and this gif for some reason:

I'm somewhat busy so I'm not sure how much I could do, but I'd be willing to help ya out if there is anything you'd want help with! Also, if you just want someone to bounce ideas off of or get opinions on, feel free to contact me any time. <3
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
kappaccino Avatar
As a side note, lmao on the shark imagery. I both pictured Katy Perry's leftshark meme and this gif for some reason:

Dear god, this is both hilarious - and terrifying at the same time, lmao. I never thought I'd feel sorry for a shark.

And any help is both appreciated and welcome, and of course, no strings attached! And I'd love to have someone besides my own mind to discuss the site, and its features, with! You don't happen to have discord or something, do you? A little easier to chat there than proboards PMs, but if not, that's totally fine ^-^

aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
284written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
melusine Avatar
Dear god, this is both hilarious - and terrifying at the same time, lmao. I never thought I'd feel sorry for a shark.

And any help is both appreciated and welcome, and of course, no strings attached! And I'd love to have someone besides my own mind to discuss the site, and its features, with! You don't happen to have discord or something, do you? A little easier to chat there than proboards PMs, but if not, that's totally fine ^-^

Unfortunately not at this time. </3 I had a discord, but I've forgotten all my log in stuff. I'll try to look into getting it again when I'm on something other than this crappy little chromebook. 
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ROSES & WINE - BETA TEST

Roses & Wine is an original fantasy roleplay, set in the fictional world of Never, Never. The Never, Never, also known as the Realm of the Fae or Gaelem, is a magical realm where all non-human creatures reside. It's ruled by the Seelie and Unseelie court.

The Seelie court is lead by King Bran and his queen Aoife, and the court itself is considered a pure manifestation of nature and beauty, the members of the Seelie court view themselves as the pinnacle of perfection. Their elitist nature restricts status in the court to only pure-blood fae. In the Seelie court, fae's lineages can be traced back several millennia. Politics thrive here and the fae form cliques and factionalize among themselves, which creates an endless stream of gossip politicking, and the fae use every mean possible to gain social status and favor with the royal family.

Whereas the Unseelie court is lead by the widowed Queen Aisling, and unlike the Seelie court, the Unseelie don't restrict their admittance to purely full blooded fae. Instead, the Unseelie court welcomes anyone - and everything. The Unseelie court value all races, especially those who are strong, decterous, clever, beautiful or talented,  are strong, dexterous, clever, beautiful or talented, but that doesn't mean obtaining a sponsorship from a court member is without dangers.

The Never, Never is filled with magical creatures, deep lush forests, large snow-covered mountains and steep valleys. It's a beautiful world, and compared to the bleakness of the real world, everything appears more vivid. Colors are deeper and more clear, and the air feels fresher. There is no technology here, but as technology and science slowly takes over the real world, the Never, Never is slowly dying. Plants and wildlife are rotting away.

And then there's the Real World, the real world is the realm of the humans. It's a world filled with technology and science. The Never, Never and its creatures are dependent on humans - they need them to dream, to wonder and more importantly, to believe.

For as long as people believe - for as long as people dare to dream, the magical creatures of the Never, Never can keep living... Because without it, they'll seize to exist.

If you're interested in being a beta tester for Roses & Wine, and help us make the site a great place to write, simply reply to this thread, hit me up in PMs or shoot me a message on discord (Melusine #3037).
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
284written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
@melusine    I made a quick couple of afs based on the ad I made for ya earlier. One 88x31, and the other the new 50x50 I've seen people starting to make. <3  I hope my computer's horrible brightness hasn't led to these loking too junk on other places 

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
kappaccino Avatar
@melusine    I made a quick couple of afs based on the ad I made for ya earlier. One 88x31, and the other the new 50x50 I've seen people starting to make. <3  I hope my computer's horrible brightness hasn't led to these loking too junk on other places 

djdklfjkdfhjks, these are amazing (no surprise there)!!!! You're the best!!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.