Not Another School/SOL Site! But this one's different --

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

So, this was casually mentioned in the interest thread and I really just wanted to see if anyone really has any interest in it.

The premise is that the rp will be based in an alternate universe, or maybe a distant future, where all the planets in the solar system are inhabited and each planetary citizen possesses a special or elemental affinity that is their birthright, and they are all sent to school to learn to get along and harness their abilities. So, Martians can control fire, Neptunians can control water, Jupterians can control plants/nature, etc. The only catch is that the affinity must be triggered by something or the element must be physically present for their "powers" to work.

The only people who do not have affinities or "powers" are the people of Earth(unless you count some psychic abilities), and that is where the school will take place, soley for the reason that Earth has all of the natural elements and is the only planet that is not currently at war with the others.

These people aren't just going to school, or going to Earth. They are moving to Earth, for various reasons -- mostly out of safety or higher learning/prestige -- but, the catch is that they have to stay on Earth once they attend school there.

Of course, these planetary citizens will not just be going to school to learn about their abilities, but also to learn about themselves, their (possibly) new environment, other people from other planets, and to achieve their own unique dreams.

It would be something slice-of-life with some sci-fi and fantasy elements, just to keep things entertaining. There would be fun events, and while the school would be the main focus, there would probably be stuff/festivals to do around town and also cute school events and stuff. it would mainly be character-driven, and development-based more than anything.

Leaning towards either a high school or college for the school.

But, let me know what you think!

last edit on Sept 4, 2018 0:06:07 GMT by Deleted
pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
You should know my stance on this from the Interest Check thread. But as a refresher, I'm interested in taking something like the slice of life school rp and adding a fantastical twist to it. My only complaint (please keep in mind that this is a very minor and personal complaint) is that the school is on Earth. The Earth location just doesn't scream casual sci-fi to me.

My suggestion: Instead of making it Earth, make it an Earth Analog (like a terraformed Proxima b or just a made up planet). The school can be about educating the next generation as human kind expands beyond our solar system, perhaps even being the first school of a new colony. And the idea of Elemental Affinities from our own planets can still be around because evolution and space radiation is funny like that.

But as I said above, my complaint is very minor and doesn't change the fact that I'm interested in the site regardless of what you do. I just hope it'll be a high school setting simply because I want slice of life sci-fi school drama.
pronounshe/they
109written posts
elgyemearned bits
offlinecurrently
elgyem
elgyem Avatar
I love this idea and also vote for college setting.

Another idea for the main setting, if you want something familiar but sci-fi, could be to make a large space station where the school could take place. Think the Citadel from Mass Effect?

I'm very interested though and I like the sound of what you have so far.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.