Expansive Fantasy World

53written posts
Silky!earned bits
offlinecurrently
Silky!
Silky! Avatar
So this may sound a bit rough at first, but bear with me. I've had this idea in my head for years but have legit never thought to put it down on paper, just getting the idea off my chest.

Inspiration taken from: Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Overlord, Record of Gancrest War, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, mythologies from around the world, and various other fantasy & fiction lore.

The world as a whole is full of monsters, magic, warriors and wonder. There are several kingdoms scattered about that each have their own roots stemming from myths & modern histories, but in no way HAVE to follow those stories. The kingdom of El Dorado is the kingdom of gold, Camelot is a kingdom based around the mythical camelot with knights & a round table, and Asgard is a kingdom run by a council of "gods" in a prosperous country. 

Individuals would have the choice of choosing from a selection of races with their own perks and traits with the possibility of unlocking super special skills unique to the individual. Magic is such that you'd find in an mmo with attacks ranging from fireballs to comets dropping from the sky. As a tune from Sword Art, there are skills exclusive to non-magic users & monsters that allow them to carry out a lot of the same feats as magic except through their own body (huge buffs, a mid-long ranged sword strike, a 360 degree sword slice even though the sword is pointed in front of the user). Aside from the races and possible attacks, there'll be a range of mmo styled classes & subclasses for users to choose from that will aide them both in and out of battles.

Level'ing in some manner would be present to give the added vibe of mmo, BUT I just want to readdress that this isn't an mmo or a vrmmo, all of this is legitimately just the mechanics of the fantasy world.

Guilds, organizations and groups are a major part of play and MAXIMUM FREEEDOM IS GIVEN TO THE PLAYER. All technologies and current world standings will be outlined from the start, but each and every individual character has the ability to change aspects of the world through Crafting and Interaction. Through crafting, a character could construct the worlds first engine which could in turn lead to advanced transportation and advanced weapons. If two citizens from warring nations were to hangout and fight, this could in turn develop into an international incident and spark a war depending on how the actual PC leaders play things out.

There's way way way more ideas in my head on this, I've just legit never taken the time to actually talk about it. Please blow this post up with feedback and what you guys think. I'm busy working on the Hero Academy site, but I could see myself multitasking for this if there was enough support and was requested enough. Thank youuuuu
last edit on Sept 4, 2018 23:03:02 GMT by Silky!
pronounsHe/Him
37written posts
offlinecurrently
๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
This sounds hot, count me also intrigued.

A fantasy world with mmorpg mechanics that are considered realistic in the universe reminds me of DanMachi, which is a good thing. I like that so I can certainly see myself getting on this hype train.

I don't have any inquiries as of this moment but I shall ponder!
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
Silky! Avatar

Inspiration taken from: Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Overlord, Record of Gancrest War, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, mythologies from around the world, and various other fantasy & fiction lore.

The kingdom of El Dorado is the kingdom of gold,

Individuals would have the choice of choosing from a selection of races with their own perks and traits with the possibility of unlocking super special skills unique to the individual. Magic is such that you'd find in an mmo with attacks ranging from fireballs to comets dropping from the sky.

Level'ing in some manner would be present to give the added vibe of mmo, BUT I just want to readdress that this isn't an mmo or a vrmmo, all of this is legitimately just the mechanics of the fantasy world.

Guilds, organizations and groups are a major part of play and MAXIMUM FREEEDOM IS GIVEN TO THE PLAYER.

Okay so there is everything that caught my attention...

If this is not 100% Not MMO or VRMMO... Were  the characters playing a game Or woke up in this world like with "Overlord" and "not to summon a demon lord" OR were they legit born into this world with this world the way it is? OR Mixed? Some born, Some summoned, Some just Woke up.

Added: what about that whole die and thrown into reincarnation storyline that 1 anime had.. Or "No game No Life" where the characters solve a puzzle end up in the world?

But seriously.. Kingdom Of Gold?! EL DORADO?! sign me up, I wanna be ruler of this place, you keep your King Arthur Camelot Or whatever World, I declare war on dee!

guilds/organizations/groups ooh that'll be fun.. can there be secret groups each member only gets to pick 1? no. drat I tried.

last edit on Sept 6, 2018 6:04:05 GMT by Ginger
53written posts
Silky!earned bits
offlinecurrently
Silky!
Silky! Avatar
First off, thanks so much for all y’all noticing this!! This is a phone post so bear with meh.

basically this is reality. No game, no waking up in it and no alternate realities, this pretty much is just the world, it’s kinda like what mentioned with Danmachi - which is where some inspiration is drawn as well. This is the life everyone’s known & it’s always just been full of fantasy, adventurers, and monsters.

There 100% can be secret groups - I’ve always enjoyed the idea of secret and hidden mechanics on a site and dropping hints and clues here & there in character to lead people to them.

The groups & organizations aill be a major key role too as a collective of people can get together with a crafting class, form a legitimate crafting guild, and EVERYONE makes a profit.
last edit on Sept 6, 2018 17:09:48 GMT by Silky!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.