phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
hello! as i'm sure some of you have seen, i'm finally getting back into the pokemon game (pun originally not intended but very much supported now), and that means that i've been finally building the site i meant to for almost two years now (and deliberately delayed until after my graduation from college while unintentionally delaying it due to outside concerns).

of course, link cable isn't going to be able to exist without some staff to help support me (and it), so with this in mind, i'm posting this staff search for an assortment of moderator roles. (sorry to anyone who's interested in an admin role, but right now, i'm reluctant to pass that over until everyone has a feel for the site, i have a good feel for who would be co-adminning with me, and the core systems are in place.)

i'll be looking for at least 1 super mod (gamemaker) and 1-2 pokemods (questmaker), but ideally, i'd like to have 2 super mods and 3+ pokemods so that i can try to make sure the system won't kink up or push too much work onto someone. expectations for each role are as follows:

general
i'd be looking for people who are going to be an active member of the community. that means posting regularly both on at least one character and as a staffer as well as maintaining a somewhat active presence in the cbox and the community. ideally, i'd like someone who has prior staffing experience, especially on jcink and/or with pokemon, digimon, or mmo sites, but since i'm planning on doing a walkthrough for how to do things step by step for how to do something, it's not going to be required as long as you can behave in a professional manner on site (trust me, i've seen some bad behavior after so many years in and outside the drama), keep an open mind when need be, and otherwise just be a good role model for the community.

as a notice, all staffers (yes, including me) will have activity requirements to keep up with for staff work (assessed every two weeks or so) to try to ensure everyone is actually keeping active, and if people aren't keeping up with those standards, they will be asked to either step down or take a lower position. i'm not gonna go trying to twist arms, especially if someone's in a tight spot, just. y'know. it's just meant as a fair way to avoid the awkward dance of two staffers doing the work while two don't do anything and two do things once in a blue moon. so. yeah.

the positions are laid out as follows:

questmaker
questmakers are "responsible" (meaning that it's their only job) to process shop purchases (rolling pokemon, removing used items, etc), update pc threads for any pokemon updates (new pokemon + evolutions + new moves + class updates), award questing rewards (trainer exp + money + items), level up trainers (outside of changing groups), and perform basic site maintenance like archiving completed threads, updating claims, doing linkbacks, and so on. obviously some of these things are more important than others and some of it can (and will) be picked up by other staffers, so you guys shouldn't be the only ones processing these, but obviously we'd prefer if you were processing more since it opens up time for other staff to do other things.

gamemakers
gamemakers are primarily "responsible" (meaning they and the admins are the only ones who can do this) for reviewing applications (pend, deny, or approve). however, that being said, they will be needed to do some trainer level-ups (because pokemods would be unable to change membergroups, so 2 level-ups would, by definition, have to be done by a gamemaker or higher) and can do some event promotion pokemon rolls to help out every now and again. you'll also be able to do everything that a questmaker can do, so helping out there too would be fantastic.

interested?
if you're interested, please either pm me on my account here or post a reply to this thread. i'll be more than happy to talk specifics with you on discord, and if you feel like you want to be a part of the team, i can add you to a little staff group to get things done.
last edit on Sept 7, 2018 19:34:40 GMT by Kuroya
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.