Inuyasha RPG

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I miss the old days with Inuyasha rps on the web and have found myself missing a good anime/manga rp based in the Sengoku Jidai. I have always loved the series of Inuyasha, and I think it would be great to experience that world again. 

Despite being set in feudal Japan, it is such an open world with so much potential. 

I am just not sure if anyone would be interested. Of course, I would include the canons(because I've tried to do a board without them with no success), but there would be free reign with them as long as their personality and background is in-universe enough to be believable. Their destinies(who they would end up with, if they die, new attacks(?) etc.) would be up to the player through in-game development. And, of course, everyone would be able to create their own original characters using as much Sengoku Jidai creativity they can muster. 

I was also thinking about allowing two or three "time-travellers", like Kagome, who can pass between the present and the past through some means(which would be up to the player as long as its plausible) as well, and three other daiyoukai besides Sesshomaru who are Lords/Ladies of their respective lands(the East, North, and South).

The site would take place right after episode 167 of the anime, and explore what happens after that battle with Naraku. Only, after finding and obtaining the "last shard", there are even more shikon fragments than previously believed, which allows for the story to continue even after the battle for the "last shard".

I guess my motivation and inspiration for this is that I just love the feudal japan setting, and I love the fact that Inuyasha takes this concept, and makes it better with the involvement of its characters and the shikon jewel.

The real question is, though, if I made an Inuyasha-based roleplay, would you join it?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
iota Avatar
I would definitely consider joining an Inuyasha (or a feudal Japan/yokai site in general), but not with canons (i.e. a playable Inuyasha). I'm sure there are plenty of people who like canons, though.

At the end of the day, I think if it's something you really want then you should do it. :) Even if it only turns out you have 3 or so members for a while, keep at it because more like-minded folk will find your site along the way.

Wow! Thank you for your input. I'm glad to see interest, but, if you don't mind my asking, why wouldn't you want canons to be a choice? I notice that a lot of the current rp generation seems to disregard or not even want to play canons anymore, and I can't help but wonder why that is. I know, for me personally, I don;t mind them, and I love to play them if they are a character I can get really in the mind of.

I also really appreciate your encouragement. :) I've never thought about it that way before.
pronounsshe/her
144written posts
サンダラearned bits
offlinecurrently
サンダラ
サンダラ Avatar
Okay, so I literally never post here - I am one of those random, creepy lurkers -, but I have been dying for an Inuyasha roleplay for years now <3 I was even thinking about putting up an interest check on another forum. However, to be quite honest, I'd never consider playing canons, as I feel they already had their story, now it is time for the OCs to shine. IDK whether it make sense? Still I agree with that you should do you and create a site which makes you happy. :3
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
サンダラ Avatar
Okay, so I literally never post here - I am one of those random, creepy lurkers -, but I have been dying for an Inuyasha roleplay for years now <3 I was even thinking about putting up an interest check on another forum. However, to be quite honest, I'd never consider playing canons, as I feel they already had their story, now it is time for the OCs to shine. IDK whether it make sense? Still I agree with that you should do you and create a site which makes you happy. :3

That makes sense! Thank you for replying -- I really appreciate another soul that would be interested in the same thing.

As for the canons, I suppose I was just trying to make it as to where their story was "extended", haha. But, yes, I am determined to make this site focus on both OCs and canons, and even have the OCs join the canons if they so wish.

i definitely want to create this game, though I would like to make the plot post-Naraku somehow, but I'm just not sure how that would be possible. But, lol, I'm ramblng a little XD

I would realistically like to have it open by January, but we will see what happens <3
last edit on Nov 26, 2018 15:31:51 GMT by Deleted
pronounsshe/her
144written posts
サンダラearned bits
offlinecurrently
サンダラ
サンダラ Avatar
I think you shouldn't sweat over the plot so much? I think most people who would like to join an Inuyasha roleplay site are

• a: feeling nostalgic
  • b: would like to play a youkai/likes the setting; feudal Japan
  • c: would like to hunt for shikon fragments
  • d: likes the time travelling aspect of the series.

So I think you are pretty much set? :) Btw is there a reason why you'd like to cap time-travelers? I just feel this is one of the main reason why most of the Inuyasha roleplays died? I do understand you don't want hundreds of Kagome clones running around, however I think most of the Inuyasha fans are already all grown up and they know better than to create carbon copies of the main character. :) However, I might have too much faith in humanity :P So I don't know but it might be a better idea to restrict the number of time-travelers in a different way? For example: one per member and then later on members could gain another time-traveler spot if they participate in some epic fight for one of the shards or whatever. I'm just throwing around ideas here as at the end of the day, it's your board <3

last edit on Nov 27, 2018 5:44:28 GMT by サンダラ
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
サンダラ Avatar
I think you shouldn't sweat over the plot so much? I think most people who would like to join an Inuyasha roleplay site are

• a: feeling nostalgic
  • b: would like to play a youkai/likes the setting; feudal Japan
  • c: would like to hunt for shikon fragments
  • d: likes the time travelling aspect of the series.

So I think you are pretty much set? :) Btw is there a reason why you'd like to cap time-travelers? I just feel this is one of the main reason why most of the Inuyasha roleplays died? I do understand you don't want hundreds of Kagome clones running around, however I think most of the Inuyasha fans are already all grown up and they know better than to create carbon copies of the main character. :) However, I might have too much faith in humanity :P So I don't know but it might be a better idea to restrict the number of time-travelers in a different way? For example: one per member and then later on members could gain another time-traveler spot if they participate in some epic fight for one of the shards or whatever. I'm just throwing around ideas here as at the end of the day, it's your board <3

Thank you for your advice! <3 And, you're probably right about the reasons behind people registering.

As for the time-travellers, I really just don't want a whole bunch of time travellers and hardly any feudal era denizens -- and I feel like that is what would happen. However, I do want people to be able to make other time travellers, so that there could be more interaction than just Kagome and Inuyasha in the modern era, and simply because that aspect of the series is one of the things that draws people to it.

I love your idea, however, and will most definitely incorporate something like that onto the site. I was thinking along the lines of being able to "unlock" a time traveller with so many 'shards' that are received by posting. So, oc time travellers would be a perk of being active with another character, and even then, there are only one per member, as to not let it get out of hand.

Thank you so much for helping <3

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

For anyone who is still following this topic, I am still working on the site, and should have everything ready by January. In the meantime, you're welcome to join us in the
Discord to get to know others who are interested and toss around some suggestions for the site!
last edit on Dec 4, 2018 20:17:55 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.