Staff Member searching to complete sites

pronounshe/him
585written posts
offlinecurrently
nox, the HR department
Administrator
nox, the HR department Avatar

I'm Nox. I've been in the roleplay community for a long time, both on and off of ProBoards/Jcink and I'm here to do what I think I can to help bring more activity to the community I cherish dearly. I notice there's a lot of people who want to make sites but get deterred by the amount of work it takes to open them. Quite honestly, I don't think it's hard at all. So let's make something happen. If we want to get roleplay poppin' like it used to? We need to put the work in ourselves.

Pitch your site and I'll contribute. If you want me to organize a document for you and throw in some information to get the ball rolling? You best be ready to communicate the goal of the site. I've made site information presentable in as quick as 3 days and I'm ready to take my organizational skills and bring them to your table.

-     Summarize your site to me in 2 sentences.
-     What's the goal?
-     What's it based on?
-     What do you have done?
-     What do you need done?
last edit on Jan 18, 2019 2:40:56 GMT by nox, the HR department
pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
I hope you don't mind if I slide in ^^;

- Summarize your site to me in 2 sentences.
A stat based combat site that focuses on build creativity and diversity. There is also lots of lore and a custom world map.
- What's the goal?
The site was founded mainly due to bad experiences I've had on similar sites- I want to create a stat based combat rp site with minimal mod bias and a non toxic community.
- What's it based on?
It's based off of Naruto, but you don't have to read/watch it to understand what's happening.
- What do you have done?
So far, all of the systems have been written out except for two or three. The world map/lore is finished as well, but I'd like to add a bit more if I have the time.
- What do you need done?
I need to go over and polish up all of the rules/systems, write the rules on village creation, as well as write the rules on bijuu/jinchuuriki. I was also thinking of moving it over to Jcink, which would require a new skin, but I'd rather have the systems finished before working on any aesthetic changes.

This was a site I originally had up but died due to some serious IRL issues and trying to rush development. I'm hoping I can start it back up in a few months, and use the hiatus to look the whole thing over and hopefully do a better job now that I have more experience.
pronounshe/him
585written posts
offlinecurrently
nox, the HR department
Administrator
nox, the HR department Avatar
I've now helped make two sites a thing through this thread:

Familia Myth (ran by )

PLUS PLUS (ran by and I)

Make your site a reality. Don't sit around and think about all the cool threads that could be happening when you can do them.
pronounsShe/Her
11written posts
neppitearned bits
offlinecurrently
neppit
neppit Avatar

A Persona roleplay site focusing on balancing having a successful social life/developing a character along with improving your character's capabilities in combat. Designed to be a hybrid between the typical freeform and stat based sites.

- What's the goal?

The goal is to create a similar experience to playing the Persona games, while allowing for interaction with plenty of other players going through similar experiences.

- What's it based on?

It takes influences from all over the SMT franchise, but primarily points of inspiration are Persona 3, 4 and 5

- What do you have done?

I've got a solid plan for how I'd like most of the mechanics to operate, and a general structure of how the board will be presented. Most of the information as of now is in a separate planning document and not on the actual site as of now.

- What do you need done?

My primary objective for right now is to finalize values for each of the mechanics and get all of the information for how the site works onto the actual site. I am also in the process of developing a setting that I believe will work best for this RP, and have been running into some complications in that regard.

For more detailed information on the site, here is my interest check.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Renalia is an RP site based on the good old SNES JRPGs of old โ€“ FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and the like. Set in a kingdom reeling from a protracted war, Renalia combines intrigue, adventure, magic, and monsters to create an adventure that any SNES lover can get behind.
- What's the goal?
The goal is to create an RPing experience that emulates the SNES JRPGs of old. I want each of my players to feel like theyโ€™re a main character in a JRPG.
- What's it based on?
Itโ€™s an original site, but it takes influences from sources like Final Fantasy: Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Eberron, and Magic: the Gathering.
- What do you have done?
Iโ€™ve got the site up and (mostly) organized, with an OOC section and the Required Reading threads up but under construction. I also have the very rough first draft of the setting.
- What do you need done?
I need someone to handle the mechanical aspects; how magic/abilities are handled, etc. I also need someone to go over my established lore, and see if they can make it appealing.

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Summarize your site to me in 2 sentences.
A Dark Souls-inspired rp that hopes to bring the things that I and many others enjoy about the Dark Souls style into forum based roleplay. Striving to create a balance between diffcult but fun and engaging combat, deep characters, and intriguing narrative.

What's the goal?
To provide a longlasting and enjoyable location for those seeking a fantasy setting to roleplay at. While also creating an experience that stays true to what make Dark Souls, well, Dark Souls.

What's it based on?
It would largely be based around the Dark Souls series of games by Fromsoftwares. But it would also include elements from various other fantasy settings. Thinking along the lines of The Witcher 3, Nioh, D&D, and Fromsoftwares other property Bloodborne.

What do you have done?
So far I only have the skin I'd like to use and the board itself created. I'm currently working on a basic outline of the plot. As while I wish to borrow from Dark Souls I'd like for the site to stand on its own in that regard.

What do you need done?
In addition to hammering out the plot, I also need to work on a combat & death system. Anyone who has played a Soulsborne game knows that dying is never the end. And is often just minor obstucle that one must overcome in order to make progress. And that's something I'd like to have translated over into the forum. I also need graphics and templates made as well.

Discord: Mikey#3216
last edit on Mar 6, 2019 6:00:24 GMT by Mouse