phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i low-key hate that almost all my fandoms are like. long dead because they were big in the early 2010s to late 2000s. so i have no one to scream at about something that i dig up that reignites my hyperfixation in a way that is entirely rude.
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Researching papers for school expanding your horizons and leading to new conclusions is really good, but not when you're already 6000 words in and find new evidence to basically convince you that your initial thesis was wrong.

Very cool for learning, not cool for finishing.
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
my beautiful parlor palm got a spider mite infestation 😩 we had to throw it away, there were too many little leaves to clean them off manually. i'm devastated, it didn't deserve this fate.
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
gmot Avatar
if someone could explain panfandom and its popularity to me that'd be great, kthx

if you actually want an "answer", so to speak, and i gave some p in-depth answers as to some of the appeal of panfandoms here and here when it was last asked about in the rp confessions thread o/
pronounsthey/him
58written posts
gmotearned bits
offlinecurrently
gmot
gmot Avatar
lofi beat here
Kuroya Avatar
gmot Avatar
if someone could explain panfandom and its popularity to me that'd be great, kthx
if you actually want an "answer", so to speak, and i gave some p in-depth answers as to some of the appeal of panfandoms here and here when it was last asked about in the rp confessions thread o/
hi kuro, it's been a while - i took a look at shanimal and your explanation. thanks for a very in depth explanation, i don't think it will ever be my cup of tea (as i tend to steer away from canon rps, even hp - i avoid marauder hp, but i will play post hp canon because those characters aren't really "someone elses" and its hard to make a mockery of them.) it seems to be a very chill environment but like not all canons are equal, and some of these characters are really just ooc fanfics. 

just my two thoughts. 

also when we rp'd together, i did really enjoy your ocs. xoxoxo 
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
gmot Avatar
hi kuro, it's been a while - i took a look at shanimal and your explanation. thanks for a very in depth explanation, i don't think it will ever be my cup of tea (as i tend to steer away from canon rps, even hp - i avoid marauder hp, but i will play post hp canon because those characters aren't really "someone elses" and its hard to make a mockery of them.) it seems to be a very chill environment but like not all canons are equal, and some of these characters are really just ooc fanfics. 

just my two thoughts. 

also when we rp'd together, i did really enjoy your ocs. xoxoxo 

that's definitely fair! it's definitely not for everyone, and while i personally really like it for a mountain of reasons, i can completely understand why some people just are less interested in it. and heck, i can even relate to that concern - while i live in marvel/dc, so that's kind of par for the course (p much everyone ignores tom king's batman, it's one of the unspoken rules, right along with how we ignore secret wars with... most of their "edgy" character choices, like cap's or magneto's, but there's also stuff like how the spiderverse movie had a very different peni parker than her original comics appearances, and that's just something you have to square with), i definitely have had my share of wincing from people who had a different view on a character or a relationship than i had and there's more than a few characters where the player is the make-or-break for the character.

but also omfg thank you so much <3 i honestly don't remember where i ran into you (i know it was one of the pokesites, but it's been like... three and a half years since the last one closed, longer for the other two, and a lot of it has blended into a soup of memories that i don't really remember all that clearly anymore which is i think my brain's way of moving on from a lot of the bad parts of that oops), but i'm sure your characters were also super cool and i enjoyed rping with you (and i'd say i wish we could do it again one day but these days i'm just. clinging to the ceiling fan of animanga while the rest of y'all try to beat me off with a broom tbeh oops).
last edit on Nov 30, 2019 2:23:52 GMT by Kuroya
aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro
just want to say that it is...such a nice feeling to find friends that support you and meme with you and get excited over the same stupid shit with you and also are ready to stab someone for you.

especially after being in such a toxic friendship for so long - it is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR. i love them :peperelax:

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW