Sometimes, you have to dare [wanted]

25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar
long and awkward stuff incoming

Posting a wanted ad for a potential male romantic interest feels awkward, but since my closest friends don't roleplay in English and nothing happens when you don't dareโ€ฆ Well, I decided to give a shot.

Still, I'm insisting on potential, because I don't want us - the other player and I - to feel tied if the characters don't have chemistry. If that happens, we can always bounce ideas and plots off and find something interesting. Before writing more, I should warn: I love when characters start on the wrong foot and have the worst impression of each other. I'd rather go for a roller coaster than for a gentle ride, and start strong. I can 100% trust a player who would feel the same. Besides, this type of plot takes time, it's a long run, and I'm not interested in shortcuts. How would they react if they hurt each other? Things look smooth, should we throw an obstacle now? I love developing a plot following these kinds of questions/themes.

About me, I'm French, and English is the third language I studied. You may spot mistakes, misspelling, weak construction, and so on. I'm trying my best to proofread my replies and improve my writing, but you know, I think I should warn beforehand. Besides, depending on the timezone, my DM may feel late.

After this long introduction, let's talk business (Thank you if you're still reading this message). The wanted ad is for a character I'm playing on Revolution Calling. Alexis is a 23yo Public Information Officer, second daughter of a wealthy family - her older sister is in the making! -, and a serial escapist (after all, why facing your fears and weaknesses when you can run away from them?)

About him:
occupation: junior assistant district attorney - but I'm not fixed on this occupation.
FC: open
Attributes: observant, private, alert, analytical, discreet
Flaws: cynical, confrontational, defensive, stubborn, evasive

He may be the law-abiding type, coming from a family with less money. He worked hard to reach his goals and made some sacrifices along the way. This sense of loss may have shaped him, to the point he thinks 'since you can't have everything, you should always have your priorities in order'. Kinda workaholic with a strong sense of duty, he could work 24/7, and expect people to have a perfect work ethic. Slightly tactless and strict, he may brush people the wrong way, because he always spots the mistakes - and asks people to redo their reports until they're perfect.
It would be interesting if he had found himself in a tough spot (falsify evidence to save a close one? choosing between following the laws or protecting someone dears to him?), but it's up to the player.
I thought about situation/backgrounds which could bring conflicts between the characters, but I'm open to other ideas.

Anyway, my awkward rambling end here. Kudos if you're still here. And if you're interested and feel we are on the same wavelength as players, feel free to PM here or shoot me a DM on Discord (i can send you my id via PM or you can find me on Revo server as niel) o/

MADE BY โ˜…MEULK
last edit on Feb 2, 2019 12:17:30 GMT by macaron
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.