Brink Of War

25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar

Heyyy, i don't have time to run a site, but this idea is blooming, so here i'm :' D
(and yeah Bittersweet life, what can i say -)

idk if someone (people) would be interested in teaming up or not? Feel free to pm me! (but again when it comes to staffing, i only love playing NPC and updating claims chaos & order).

What follows is everything that popped in my mind so far. Sorry it's kindaโ€ฆ long.

starting point

Inspiration: Korean thriller movies, Sky Castle, Sindome (a cyberpunk roleplaying game)
Setting: Busan (and its huge port)
Type: animanga +18 (violence to be expected), no wc

plot/premise

version 01
Despair. You can see it crawling in the shady back alleys filled with thugs doing their business and dreaming of higher places. You can see it in the eyes of the older women rummaging through the bins. Metal, wires, outdated prosthesis, they look for any piece of junk they could sell. You can feel it in the university professors who crave for power and want to throw themselves into politics.

Wolves in cheap clothes are ready to do everything to survive. Selling their native languages or their skills to the point of feeling disconnected from themselves, dirtying their hands or closing their eyes to live a little longer. Sometimes honesty will bring you down. You and the people dear to you. No one is irreplaceable, and this new android seems to be better than you. After all, it just needs hardware checkup. You know those at the top have sacrificed so many thingsโ€ฆ They can add another sin to their list if it means to secure their spot. To make their life easier.

While making your way under the neon street lights, remember two things: If your emotions cloud your judgment, youโ€™re dead. Donโ€™t bark if you canโ€™t bite.

version 02
Despair. It crawls in the shady back alleys filled with thugs doing their business and dreaming of higher places. It flickers in the eyes of the older women rummaging through the bins. Metal, wires, outdated prosthesis, they look for any piece of junk they could sell. It drips from the university professors who crave for power and want to throw themselves into politics.

Wolves in cheap clothes are ready to do everything to survive. Selling their native languages or their skills to the point of feeling disconnected from themselves, dirtying their hands or closing their eyes to live a little longer. Sometimes honesty will bring you down. You and the people dear to you. No one is irreplaceable, and this new android seems to be better than you. After all, it just needs hardware checkup. You know those at the top have sacrificed so many thingsโ€ฆ They can add another sin to their list if it means to secure their spot. To make their life easier.

While making your way under the neon street lights, remember two things: If your emotions cloud your judgment, youโ€™re dead. Donโ€™t bark if you canโ€™t bite.

background info/various ideas

โ€ข After taking an exam to assess their proficiency in a field, people can sell their skills. Skills' worth depends on demands, needs, and fields. The whole idea is pretty close to the stock market. People might sell them at the right time - or not. If someone decides to sell their skill, they go under a brain operation, the skill is stocked in a chip, and the person forgets everything. (pretty rough an idea)
โ€ข Unlicensed docs and illegal clinics are a thing. Some may have stopped their studies and learn on the job, but, well, they don't report their operations. You can't have everything in life, right?
โ€ข Underground chemists & pharmacists prepare and sell custom products. Stronger than painkillers or sleeping pills, but taking them at the characters' own risks.
โ€ข Oxydrops are sold in vending machine. The cans come with an inhaler. Perfect when someone needs an oxygen fix.

various stuff

Groups: citizen/enforcers/gangsters/outlaws (former & current prisoners, those who follow a rehabilitation program but may be tempted or would have to take a wrong path)

Characters' status:
โ€ข in the clear: law-abiding citizen, those who haven't been caught so far
โ€ข suspect: suspected from conducting illegal activities
โ€ข wanted: guilty, handcuffs would look pretty on them
โ€ข on the run: fake name, plastic surgery, they're doing everything to throw their old life

โ€ข Missions with useful stuff once completed (key to a hideout? New prosthesis? Formula of a drug created by a rival? A secret about someone?)
โ€ข Relaxed and laid-back events once in a month, nothing serious

last edit on Mar 4, 2019 8:25:33 GMT by macaron
25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar

quick update

โ€ข The project has an official name: Brink Of War (and i love my co-staff idea because it can make BOW and yes, we're two on this project now!)

โ€ข We haven't settled for PB or Jcink yet (because of skinning and coding)

โ€ข We'll have premade organized crime gangs, but players would have the opportunity to create gangs. They would have to fill a form, giving us details (number of members, their specialty, hierarchy, maybe a bit of history), then we would tell them if it works on the site or not. if it's, we'd do our best to integrate them into a plot line. Of course, if an idea overlaps with someone else's accepted idea, we may ask players to fill the existing gangs.

โ€ข Enforcers could work with - well more like, use - inmates/outlaws to catch fellow criminals. The offer would be a deal, so the inmate/outlaw would gain something, but they might have to face a dilemma too (like betraying their old gang).

โ€ข If you have any question/remark, feel free to drop them here!!

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.