0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
salty Avatar
@apple @dreams
omg yes, to all these ideas [ i can't quote because i cry ]
but like FIRST I REMEMBER THAT BLACK MIRROR EPISODE; it was dope as fuck also in general, black mirror eps have some amazing af story-lines that would do swimmingly as sites imma be honest
and also slice of life? school setting? or even just regular city life setting? apps???
perfect, i'd be down to join or help... 10/10

i only how to code jcink but Y'ALL. this sounds so so good. black mirror really is such a good series omg. THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE.
either way. if this ends up happening i would be on board frfr
pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
yeah i defs agree that a lot of black mirror episodes would be p cool site concepts but. that one. that specific episode. amazing. i love it.

i really wish i had more time since honestly i'd love to just. mid-sized city, slice of life, light supernatural / mythological / modern fantasy elements for some flavor (supernatural species aren't in hiding, everyone just kind of lives in harmony, no set races cuz idgaf), set it in "atlantis" for a limited setting where it's a dating app that sprung up from magical pairings in search of soulmates, pairings are randomized once a month from signups provided there's enough participants, members get to pick the ic duration of the pairing and any actual "endgame soulmate" pairings, and just. call it a day. but i do not have the time and instead will just "hey if someone wants to take this and do a thing, i give you my blessing, and if the setup is right for me, i would love to come and actually rp on the thing tbeh."
If we're adding magical/supernatural elements to it then can we make the app be made by a God/Goddess of Love instead? Possibly with the punishment of some divine wraith to those who refuse. The idea of some divine being enforcing their will or even doing this out of amusement just sounds much more entertaining to me.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
sly Avatar
If we're adding magical/supernatural elements to it then can we make the app be made by a God/Goddess of Love instead? Possibly with the punishment of some divine wraith to those who refuse. The idea of some divine being enforcing their will or even doing this out of amusement just sounds much more entertaining to me.

i'm not the one running the show, so i mean, imo, if whoever picks it up wants that, definitely go for it! i just went with a more generic magic over a deity figure since i was hoping to circumvent any issues that might crop up with picking a specific deity (like condoning one set of mythology over any others, especially for the less common sources of mythos, or excluding non-mythological sources) or hinging too close to allowing deity figures on the site. and i just added some magic/supernatural vibes in to try to add a lil bit more flavor to it than a typical real life site with the twist of the dating app shenanigans lmfao since i personally tend to dislike normal real life sites oops.

but like i said, i am not the one who would be running the show, so i am not the one to be asking here lmfao, that would be whoever ends up picking it up if someone actually does :'D

pronounshe/him
9written posts
chariotsearned bits
offlinecurrently
chariots
chariots Avatar
as long as i'm here, no one can hurt you.
necrochi Avatar
I have come back to again request demon slayer and why it has not happened yet :T

the finest steel has to go through the hottest flames. apologies for the miscommunications, but expect a more formal interest check later this week with all the pertinent details. it's time to slay some pillars, demons.

also me: goutoge pls don't harm a single hair on kanroji pls and ty.
goutoge: chapter 184
me: this is not what i meant take it back take it back
28written posts
Whammychuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Whammychu
Whammychu Avatar
So, had a thought on an isekai-ish site I thought of on this thread a while back, where the idea was people dying and the isekai world being a sort of "second chance" to live a different life. Had an idea of a site mechanic where your character's new "life" is partially random, like species (cause fantasy series), background, maybe even gender or something. Perhaps characters get a boon of some sort and get to pick one or a few of these, but not enough boons/points/etc. to get to choose everything. Might allow for an interesting setup as people deal with their past lives vs. new ones and adjusting.
aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro
Whammychu Avatar
So, had a thought on an isekai-ish site I thought of on this thread a while back, where the idea was people dying and the isekai world being a sort of "second chance" to live a different life. Had an idea of a site mechanic where your character's new "life" is partially random, like species (cause fantasy series), background, maybe even gender or something. Perhaps characters get a boon of some sort and get to pick one or a few of these, but not enough boons/points/etc. to get to choose everything. Might allow for an interesting setup as people deal with their past lives vs. new ones and adjusting.

i love this idea!! i think it would be super cool and fun to play/mess around with. do you think people would have full memories of their past lives or do you think it'd be foggy or maybe vary from person to person?

28written posts
Whammychuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Whammychu
Whammychu Avatar
avan Avatar
Whammychu Avatar
i love this idea!! i think it would be super cool and fun to play/mess around with. do you think people would have full memories of their past lives or do you think it'd be foggy or maybe vary from person to person?
For this idea to work they'd probably have to have a good memory of their previous life. Basically, one thing I felt isekai series never played around with enough is the adjustment to a new world/body/etc. since they often jump to power-fantasy stuff pretty quickly and wanted a set up to allow that in some way.

It'd probably work as a slice of life with maybe some lite RP mechanics. Probably use something like Dungeon World's system if that's the case (roll 2d6, 2-6 is fail, 7-9 is partial success, 10-12 is full success, class's are distinguished by special "moves" they get to do, races probably get a unique "move" as well).
pronounsHe/him
84written posts
NULLearned bits
offlinecurrently
NULL
NULL Avatar
Sci-fi spaghetti western esque??? Like mandalorian, or firefly, or treasure planet(an outlier but space pirates would totally exist alongside space cowboys) or trigun, COWBOY BEBOP?? Pls I just wanna play gruff old men in space with pew pew guns
last edit on Nov 28, 2019 6:11:35 GMT by NULL
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
NULL Avatar
Sci-fi spaghetti western esque??? Like mandalorian, or firefly, or treasure planet(an outlier but space pirates would totally exist alongside space cowboys) or trigun, COWBOY BEBOP?? Pls I just wanna play gruff old men in space with pew pew guns

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT U WERE IGNORE MY POST SELKDGNXVMKSDLGX,BV. HERE HAVE A LIKE

last edit on Nov 28, 2019 6:24:26 GMT by light
pronounsHe/him
84written posts
NULLearned bits
offlinecurrently
NULL
NULL Avatar
light Avatar
NULL Avatar

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT U WERE SPIRAL IGNORE MY POST SELKDGNXVMKSDLGX,BV. HERE HAVE A LIKE

Light being over here like" - and I oop" LOL
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
light Avatar
NULL Avatar

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT U WERE IGNORE MY POST SELKDGNXVMKSDLGX,BV. HERE HAVE A LIKE

idiot.
pronounsHe/him
84written posts
NULLearned bits
offlinecurrently
NULL
NULL Avatar
I know they use to be a trend a couple years back but Multiverse sites were always my jam. Like Panfandom but canons and ocs were allowed. Ocs could originate from OC universes, or fandom universes. Wanna play as a jedi? Have fun. Uhhh, here rp Sephiroth fighting Cthulhu, we dont give a fuuuck.

Obviously tho like, OCs weren't allowed prior relationships with canons and shit like that, but yee.
last edit on Nov 29, 2019 19:17:31 GMT by NULL