22written posts
Lugiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lugia
Lugia Avatar

POKEMON CHAKU

DISCORD INVITE | Site Link

Update (May 26th, 2019)
Chaku is officially in soft launch! Feel free to come on over, join the site, take a look around, and dive into the Discord. We've cleaned up a lot of the mechanics since my last update and made things a lot simpler. As well, we've cleaned up the Discord significantly, making it much tidier and easier to navigate. Hopefully, that solves any problems we were having in the past.

Soft launch means we are still missing a lot of features, but the site is fully functional and ready to go. We'll be rolling out the missing features in waves, and soft launch members will have the opportunity to take on the mechanics and systems to see just how balanced they are. As well, soft launch members will have the option of "New Game Plus" when we roll out the official launch!

All of this information can be found in the Soft Launch Announcement thread, which also details the missing features.

Come take a look. I promise, it'll be loads of fun.

Premise:
A route based Pokemon role play with some easy to track stats, some fun mechanics, and lots of possibilities. Chaku is loosely based on the Canadian Shield and the west coast of Canada. It features all seven generations of Pokemon and a variety of environments.

The concept is like that of old route role plays: you start at the beginning of your journey with a brand new, level 5 Pokemon and trainer, then progress through the region, capturing Pokemon, levelling up your team, and taking on your character goals. You can fight in the league, research the secrets of the region, try to become a ranger, learn how to become a breeder, flaunt your stuff in the contests, and more.

To add some intrigue, the Chaku Region has just started a regional scavenger hunt to try and boost tourism and trainer numbers, with the prize for being the first to finish being the illusive Beast Ball, the only one of its kind. This has caused a large divide in Chaku, between those who hate the changing culture, to those who can't wait for it to change. As well, there's plenty of unexplored areas around Chaku, so exploration focused characters can strike out into the unknown with time, and research focused characters can learn something new.

Features:
  • Simple level, experience, and battling mechanics based around longevity and ease of access
  • Multiple classes, including Trainer, Coordinator, Ranger, Researcher, and Breeder.
  • Class ranks! Start at the bottom and work your way up, earning perks and new titles along the way.
  • Freeform battles in most cases (bar Gyms, Contests, etc.), with rewards for creativity
  • An evil team! Bent on taking down the scavenger hunt and getting the prize for themselves, the team focuses on sabotage and theft, much like Team Rocket.
  • Expanding story, with lots of intrigue, mini-events, and major events
  • Site shaped by players! How your characters take on events and story missions will totally change the future of Chaku
  • Missions, quests, and jobs are available for characters: missions for class based tasks, quests for longer, more freeform tasks, and jobs for quick, one-time ways to earn some Poke Dollars
  • Tons of different encounter types, such as wild Pokemon, NPC trainers, items, hordes, and even boss Pokemon!
  • Dedicated research and exploration options, allowing for expansion of region and general knowledge, as well as plenty of character goals
  • Dedicated members can eventually take over gyms, lead the rangers, or even fight to become the next champion
  • An expanding world with expanding opportunities. The base systems are all ready to go and being ironed out, and there's plenty of content for expansions on the back burner, like berry farming, poffin cooking, new areas to explore, and plenty more to come.

Quick Notes:
  • No site canon slots and all canon Pokemon FCs are available for original characters.
  • Proboards only. I can't do Jcink.
  • Animanga style faces, with the added bonus of being allowed to use original art.
  • Monetary system in place, with plenty of fun items to buy.
  • Character progression options, including a reputation system and optional character perks (feats)
  • Queer friendly and open-minded
  • Options to start as a slightly more advanced/veteran trainer
  • Legendary Pokemon cannot be caught, but site-wide raids allow for battling them, and events can allow characters to gain their favour
last edit on May 26, 2019 12:36:07 GMT by Lugia

Pokemon Chaku: Site | Discord
pronounsThey/Them
22written posts
Lugiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lugia
Lugia Avatar

Rad! Thank you! You are free to live here while I finish getting stuff set-up. It'll take a few days, but honestly, I've run Pokemon route RPs before and I have some systems in them I really enjoy, so I've got most of the grunt work handled.

@neincat
Right here! Glad you like it!

Of course! :D

Quick Update
- Thinking of doing two teams ala Ruby/Sapphire for Chaku, with two very different reasons for existing. I have the ideas of what they'd be figured out.
- Skin is an older, V5 skin from Wicked Wonderland. It's simple, but pretty. I know how to code skins, but they take forever, so I'll be working on a custom skin for the site, off-site, and will implement it when it's done as a site update.
- Custom mini-profiles! I have a bunch of them kicking around, so this part wasn't hard. Combination hover + info below the hover picture. Should be fun!
- Mini-games! There's gonna be a semi-permanent carnival down in one of the cities, so you can pay a few Poke Dollars to play one of the games of chance to win some fun prizes.
- Progress is going well!

pronounsThey/Them
22written posts
Lugiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lugia
Lugia Avatar
watcher Avatar
is there a way to get shiny pokemon

this looks interesting, and i do want to join a pokemon rp, but i've been in the fence of a handful of sites, haha /sweats
Plenty, actually! You can encounter one in the wild, save up and buy Shiny Powder to turn a Pokemon shiny, or even use your initial character creation bonus to guarantee yourself a shiny starting partner!

pronounsThey/Them
22written posts
Lugiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lugia
Lugia Avatar
Hey everyone! Time for another update!

So, quick update:
  • The site skin is totally custom and is almost entirely finished. The only things we don't have custom, yet, are standard profile pages and the board info & statistics at the bottom of each board.
  • Most of the site information is up, probably about 75%. The rest of the info is ready to go, it's just a matter of typing it out and formatting it.
  • The site has gained some complexity! We've got some fun character progression and backstory options, as well as some cool things to do when you don't want to journey, such as challenges, exploration, and even research!
  • The Discord is up and running if anyone wants to join it! We've already got some folks from off site and everyone is very friendly and enjoying themselves. It also has a link to the site, for those who want to sneak a peek without signing up quite yet.

Overall, I think it's going great, and we should be ready to go within the week!

EDIT If you want into the Discord, please send me a PM and I'll send you an invite!
last edit on May 21, 2019 17:49:31 GMT by Lugia

pronounsThey/Them
22written posts
Lugiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lugia
Lugia Avatar
Hey everyone! Soft launch is THIS WEEKEND (aiming for Friday afternoon at the earliest, Saturday afternoon at the latest, EST) and I've decided to take the Discord invite public.

If you want to join up, get a link to the site, and check it out, feel free to hop in! We're friendly, we're chatty, and the staff are pretty transparent about what we're up to, if I do say so myself.

Come on over!

(Tagging everyone who liked/posted in the thread , @neincat, , , , , , , , , , , , )

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.