Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
[googlefont=Oswald]

MISSION STATEMENT

Dragon Ball Z has always had a fascinating world filled with larger-than-life characters, unique races, and dynamic battles. While there are plenty of DBZ sites out there. I find that most struggle to find a balance between creative freedom and providing the sense of growth and progression that the series is known for. You either end up with sites that focus too hard on the mechanics -thus subtracting from the fun or you get ones that provide too little structure.

It's my goal with Stardust Generations to provide a fun and engaging sandbox for players on both sides of the spectrum.

THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO

[/b][/div][/font] From Oozaru to Super Saiyan to the recent Ultra Instinct, transformations have always played a vital role in Dragon Ball Z. Stardust Generation seeks to replicate this importance while also retaining creative freedom. Each race on SG will have at least 2 differing transformation paths in which they can progress down.

Various Races
    Members of SG will have a wide selection of alien races to pick from when creating their characters. Frieza's Race, Earthlings, Namekians, and Saiyans are a few of the options available. Each race comes with their own unique set of traits, further separating them from one another. Players will even have the option to create their own unique races as well.

Engaging Combat System
    Combat on Stardust Generations, while still a work-in-progress, should be both simple and engaging. Players will make use of simple math for things like damage, health, and Power Levels. While still being able create dynamic and unique techniques like the ones seen throughout DBZ.

Slice-Of-Life Mechanics
    SG recognizes that not everyone wants to make a character like Goku or Vegeta. They might instead prefer to play someone along the lines of Bulma or Chi-Chi. Thus I plan to implement systems and mechanics that make such characters just as viable and fun to play as any combat-oriented character. Item Creation, Cooking, and Senzu Bean Farming are three mechanics currently being considered.

Stay Tuned For More!
    [/ul][/div]

WANT TO HELP?

Having someone to brainstorm and workshop things with would be greatly appreciated. I already have an outline for some of the mechanics but working alone is like being in a echo chamber. What I think is good and balanced, others might look at and see flaws and issues I haven't considered. Or better yet, have ideas of their own that would help make the forum great. If you're interested in helping then all you'd have to do is either DM me here on Pixel Perfect or message me over on Discord - Mouse#7744.

QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Please feel free to ask or drop them below!
    [/div][/div]
    Made by Jaronart of WW
    last edit on May 31, 2020 4:50:51 GMT by Mouse
    Rodent King
    aliasditz
    pronounsMale
    1,705written posts
    Mouseearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Mouse
    Part of the Furniture
    Mouse Avatar
    where fears and lies melt away.
    [googlefont=Oswald]
    A STAR-SHATTERING UPDATE

You didn't think I forgot about this did you?! It's slow going but I've been toiling away on the forum. All that work is paying off tho. I think I've reached a point where I'm comfortable sharing some more info!

To start with, the theme is officially finished! The one I'm using was provided by the wonderful . I can't thank her enough for answering all the questions I had while editing.

Here are some screenshots: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

The next thing I'd like to talk about is how Stardust is going to approach combat and abilities.

No More Power Levels!
    In my original post I mentioned that players would be using simple math for health, damage, and Power Levels. Well, that's all changed after some careful consideration.

I don't like math. In fact, I'll happily admit that I hate it. So why put something I don't like into my forum?

Stardust Generations is forgoing the Power Level mechanic seen in most DBZ forums. Stardust will be using levels to show a character's strength. You increase your level by spending XP that can be earned from posting and doing quests. Its simple, effective, and easier to manage than something like PLs.

Introducing The Capsule System!
    Inspired by a mechanic found in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai. The Capsule System is Stardust's way of keeping track of a character's techniques, skills, and items. It essentially serves as a player's inventory.

Capsules are separated into 3 types: Technique, Skill, and Equipment.

Anything that inflicts damage or attempts to cripple an opponent in some way would be considered a Technique or Tech Capsule. Canon examples of these would be attacks like Kamehameha, Galick Gun, or the Solar Flare.

Skill Capsules are the most varied type of capsules, as they cover a wide variety of things. What a majority of them have in common, however, is that they typically deal with supportive abilities like buffs or healing. Life skills like farming and cooking would also fall into this category.

The final type of capsule, Equipment Capsules, encompasses anything to do with items. This can range from Spacepods and Gravity Chambers to Senzu Beans and Grilled Pork.

Each type of capsule is stored inside of a Capsule Case, which has a limited amount of space or Capsule Slots. The amount of slots you have available can be increased through various means, however.

Capsules also come in various rarities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, and Legendary. The rarity of the capsule determines its strength.

The Capsule System will be easy to understand and simple to use. That's the hope at least, but its still a work-in-progress as we work to add a layer of depth to it.

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

That's all I've got for the moment.

I know it wasn't a ton of info, but I wanted those interested to know I'm still working on this project. I'm aiming to have the Capsule System finished by the next time I give an update. Alongside the groundwork for the Slice-of-Life mechanics. Which I haven't forgotten about it! 

It's still my goal to have Stardust Generations appeal to more than just die-hard DBZ fans.  

WANT TO HELP?

Having someone to brainstorm and workshop things with would be greatly appreciated. I already have an outline for some of the mechanics but working alone is like being in a echo chamber. What I think is good and balanced, others might look at and see flaws and issues I haven't considered. Or better yet, have ideas of their own that would help make the forum great. If you're interested in helping then all you'd have to do is either DM me here on Pixel Perfect or message me over on Discord - Mouse#7744.

QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Please feel free to ask or drop them below!

Made by Jaronart of WW
    last edit on Nov 25, 2020 1:30:27 GMT by Mouse
    3,084written posts
    Kitten4uearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Kitten4u
    Part of the Furniture
    Kitten4u Avatar
    [nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
    [attr="class","infoBG2"]
    [attr="class","infoBack"]
    [attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
    [attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.