aliasfel
pronounsthey/them
59written posts
pardofelisearned bits
offlinecurrently
pardofelis
pardofelis Avatar
on all levels except physical, i am a housecat
hello! i have astigmatism so im giving my thoughts here based on my own personal experiences and in association with having eyesight / vision problems!

for me, i prefer medium dark skins with high contrast but Not white on black and without neon / bright colors. it's easiest for me to read text (especially in paragraph form) on a dark grey background with clearly defined text. a lot of light skins are too bright for my eyes - though a light skin done with a dark background or dark accents is probably the absolute most accessible. ie - something in the middle, mostly. i struggle a lot with reading extreme contrast (white on black or black on white) and it really also depends on the colors used for the site.
last edit on Jan 7, 2023 4:12:25 GMT by pardofelis
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
924written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
i think it largely depends on the accent colors used in the skin. if its a dark skin with bright colors/neon colors, then it's probably a no for me. however, the same could be said for light skins with bright or neon colors as well. the lower the contrast of the accent color, the easier it for me because, like many other people, i also have an astigmatism, except i have them in both eyes. 

so bright colors tend to just not go over well, so 'duller' the accent, the easier it is for my eyes to process the sight i'm seeing. 

probably not helpful but light skins and dark skins are both good in my eyes. in the past though, i gravitated toward darker sights that used dull colors because i didn't like frying my retinas just to look at a site's skin. 
pronounsD A R K
259written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
I believe I've said this before. I don't like dark skins, they make me really depressed and feel claustrophobic. So, if I can avoid them I will, but I have joined sites with dark skins before. I just try not to stay on them too long or those feelings crop up. I don't know if anyone else experiences those feelings. I don't really understand them myself. :<

Hmm...actually maybe I do. Where I live, we have lots of snow which makes the world seem very light and white, like a light skin, but in winter we lose the sun really fast, like by 3pm it's pitch black outside until the next day at around 11am type of thing.

So I guess, because of where I live in the world I equate light skins to something too look forward to, where as dark skins remind me of the depressing endless nights we experience 8-9 months where I live. Ha, who knew mystery solved for me. LOL sorry for hijacking this thread with my random deep thoughts of the day.
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
offlinecurrently
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
ozlen Avatar
Ignoring some newer skins out there that can toggle between light or dark mode, I was wondering what preferences everyone has toward lighter skins and darker skins? What do you think the pros and cons are of each?

-Climbs hill, two axes in hand screaming on the top of my lungs-

Fucking. Dark skins. Dark skins till I die.

This whole trend of eye-stabbing light skins kills me because "yes, I would love to rp on your site with the interesting premise. No, I'm not going to murder my eyes and through default my friggin brain because your site with it's super bright color choices are giving me eyestrain like a mofo." Which is why I fraking love this new toggle-able shit for both dark/light and big/small text. It makes the hobby so much more enjoyable again to be able to see things lol.
last edit on Feb 4, 2023 5:50:34 GMT by ยซFrยคยงtยฅยป