aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,337written posts
offlinecurrently
sss-ranked northern duke regre
Part of the Furniture
sss-ranked northern duke regre Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
I'm talking like, if the conditions are met, you are practically obligated to do it. Like, that's just how you roll.

Like in my case, if it's a site set or inspired by real world, I will always play a Filipino. You can't stop me. I'm going to drop Filipino meme and culture that no one but Filos will understand. 

And when it's a site that doesn't have restrictions on its setting (ie. not everyone has to be European), then I will still name my character something Filipino. It's just more fun to come up with Filo names. Obviously biased, but, well, coming up with fictional names when it's barely represented is also inspiring, kinda! 

It's actually almost a must for me that I'm able to RP a character whose face or/and name is Asian. I really don't feel very motivated rping in a site anymore that limits me to anything non-Asian. Which isn't like I only RP characters with Asian analogues. But I don't know. I need at least ONE or just have this comfort that I can always pick a Southeast Asian name if I wanted to.
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
if i ever find an rl site that allows face claims of people in their younger years, i'm obligated to break out young al pacino so fast and i'm making the best character i've ever made. better if they allow face claims of people who are deceased. breaking out the vault of old time actors because i love them so much.

otherwise... i need to be able to write dark, controversial topics and/or mature content in general. even if i won't ever write it, i like to have the option open in case someone comes at me with some crazy, unhinged plot.

also, if i can't adapt my favorite characters to the setting, i don't want it !!
aliasTin
24written posts
tinniearned bits
offlinecurrently
tinni
tinni Avatar
honestly?? orientation field in either a profile app or a traditional one. i tend to play more non-straight characters, and even though romance isn't necessarily a must, i always had those thoughts of "dang, this romance plot between them could be spicy! ...but are they straight, tho?"

aka i always assume, unless stated, that a character is straight or isn't interested in romance based on past experiences.
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
176written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Allowing me to use my own art and designs for my characters!! I appreciate sites that clearly state that I can use my own art and designs for faces, and are also clear about requirements for the sake of style cohesion. Iโ€™m aware that a few sites may allow it but since original art is less common it isnโ€™t considered necessary to add to the rules/FC guidelines... Iโ€™d rather not risk joining somewhere, making art for characters, and then being told that it actually isnโ€™t allowed, so again, just a single sentence being like โ€œand we accept original artโ€ can make me decide to join a site
last edit on Nov 11, 2023 15:04:36 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
polyship.

no matter what my intentions are to start, i almost always end up wanting at least one polyship of some kind, because i just think it's super fun (and super interesting to potentially thread) to have some kind of dynamic where someone has two hands-

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Dark threads, I think a good amount allow it but it's rare to find those willing to write it. And it honestly doesn't need to be extremely dark, I'm okay with mega angsty things. Otherwise monster characters. If I can create a character or write one that is a monster then I immediately jump on it. Like let me a write big monster boi being all softie but also scary dog vibes.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
732written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
letting me play someone's shitty dad

but honestly, letting me have free range on characters is a must. it drives me batty when admins on sites start dictating what is and is not acceptable for me to write. i'm a grown adult, and i can write what i want. i'm more than willing to to tag things, but like other people have mentioned, i like to write darker subjects; and as writers i think we all like to explore these topics (at least, i'd like to think so). and i've mentioned it before, but for me, roleplay is a chance for me to basically be a bad person lmao. i've always gravitated towards villains, and it's a requirement that i play at least one on every site i'm on. but i don't ever just stop at just one lmao
last edit on Nov 12, 2023 7:23:34 GMT by sister ghoul

kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,337written posts
offlinecurrently
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar

but honestly, letting me have free range on characters is a must. it drives me batty when admins on sites start dictating what is and is not acceptable for me to write. i'm a grown adult, and i can write what i want. i'm more than willing to to tag things, but like other people have mentioned, i like to write darker subjects; and as writers i think we all like to explore these topics (at least, i'd like to think so). and i've mentioned it before, but for me, roleplay is a chance for me to basically be a bad person lmao. i've always gravitated towards villains, and it's a requirement that i play at least one on every site i'm on. but i don't ever just stop at just one lmao
oh you reminded me

i LOVE playing traitors. not as high priority as playing as a SEA character but if i'm in the site long enough, i need a traitor. and like, not the traitor that's a snake all along. but the kind of traitor that's a good person but just messes up, depressed, misguided, manipulated, traumatized, etc. basically, "everyone asks who the traitor is but no one ever asks how is the traitor"
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
732written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
sister ghoul Avatar

oh you reminded me

i LOVE playing traitors. not as high priority as playing as a SEA character but if i'm in the site long enough, i need a traitor. and like, not the traitor that's a snake all along. but the kind of traitor that's a good person but just messes up, depressed, misguided, manipulated, traumatized, etc. basically, "everyone asks who the traitor is but no one ever asks how is the traitor"

i love this tbh. there are a lot of reasons that someone could turn traitor also that often gets overlooked, and i think it makes things more interesting! it's part of why i love writing villains, is bc not every bad guy is going to be a cartoonishly evil, mustache twirling villain. in fact, i'd argue most bad guys don't start out that way at all- and are more like a walter white, which makes writing their development so much more delicious and self-indulgent as time goes on.

pronounsthey/them
186written posts
inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
sister ghoul Avatar

oh you reminded me

tbf in order to ask how is the traitor you need to know who is the traitor
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,337written posts
offlinecurrently
Part of the Furniture
ink Avatar
oh you reminded me

tbf in order to ask how is the traitor you need to know who is the traitor
anon wants both validation and privacy
pronounsThey/Them
13written posts
Warriors_Weaverearned bits
offlinecurrently
Warriors_Weaver
Warriors_Weaver Avatar
I always have at least one of the following characters:

1. a shy anxious little "new to the big scary world" fawn type character. Naive and innocent and learning. They may get corrupted, they may thrive.

2. a rat bastard. Absolute devil. Feeds on negative energy. May improve over time but may get worse, results vary. Usually manipulative and ambitious.
aliasnikki/nikz
pronounsshe, they
76written posts
hotaryuearned bits
offlinecurrently
hotaryu
hotaryu Avatar
one day!
I'm talking like, if the conditions are met, you are practically obligated to do it. Like, that's just how you roll.

Like in my case, if it's a site set or inspired by real world, I will always play a Filipino. You can't stop me. I'm going to drop Filipino meme and culture that no one but Filos will understand. 

And when it's a site that doesn't have restrictions on its setting (ie. not everyone has to be European), then I will still name my character something Filipino. It's just more fun to come up with Filo names. Obviously biased, but, well, coming up with fictional names when it's barely represented is also inspiring, kinda! 

It's actually almost a must for me that I'm able to RP a character whose face or/and name is Asian. I really don't feel very motivated rping in a site anymore that limits me to anything non-Asian. Which isn't like I only RP characters with Asian analogues. But I don't know. I need at least ONE or just have this comfort that I can always pick a Southeast Asian name if I wanted to.
i felt this on a spiritual level. I've made Filipino characters based off Filipino memes-

kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,337written posts
offlinecurrently
Part of the Furniture
hotaryu Avatar

i felt this on a spiritual level. I've made Filipino characters based off Filipino memes-

the next step would be to get to know brazilian memes because br and ph are one and the same country
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
offlinecurrently
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
I usually write a 3 plus post solo thread on any site I join with my characters. it gives me an idea of how the character works and feels and also gives others a good basis to go off of for future roleplays with said character.