write a reply

what's your favorite thing to code/design?

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
728written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
question's on the tin. what is your fav thing to code? it could be a type of template, or an aspect of skinning you enjoy designing. for me, personally, apps have always been my favorite. so when i started skinning, doing main profile style apps became my favorite thing to skin aside from the index. i don't really have a specific reason for why i enjoy these the most, but i just always have.

least favorite are def board mods. i don't know why, but i can't get out of my own head when it comes to them. a lot of my designs for board mods feel repetitive, and that bothers me a lot. it's probs just me getting in my own way but yeah.

aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
173written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I enjoy making post rows and topic rows. I donโ€™t mind board index or forums formatting either, though they tend to take a lot of time and tinkering โ€” every time I log in, I see the index and go โ€œOh, I have to change this...โ€ sorta-deal here. I also like designing the header/banner area.

I think I actually dislike main profiles the most. I feel like mine end up looking samey because I just want to get them over with.

Wait, no, maybe the worst for me are most navigation bars. Thereโ€™s not much I feel like I can do with them without them being disruptive or too out of the way or too in the way, especially with responsiveness in mind. Another contender is the UserCP.
Catscape Meow!
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
imo forum headers are the most fun to code bc they're the first thing the user sees and the most customizable part of the forum! i'm guilty of making tons of headers for RPs that don't/will never exist lol. it's addicting.

apart from that, i love making board mods. that's honestly how i started when i didn't know how to build an entire skin, so it's nostalgic. i'm impressed by the trends in jcink RPs - so many board variations depending on the category!

my least favorite thing to code is board statistics (or user center? the footer at the bottom of the page). there's just so much info you could put there and i'm too lazy and tired by the time i get to it. it's like that concluding paragraph to an all-nighter essay where you end up phoning it in before you pass out. ha
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW