Admin favourites

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
When members praised the event. ;///; They're doing most if not all of the work, tbh, but when I get random feedback like "I really love this event >: O" or "I love how you run events," etc., it tells me that this was a successful way to go about it, which I really appreciate. orz

last edit on Oct 5, 2018 7:01:39 GMT by Deleted
pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
But I'm a sunflower, a little funny

❥ When guests come in just to tell you how much they love your site and skin 😍
❥ When newbies or even other members message you privately just to tell you how welcoming your site is and how comfortable they feel after joining!
pronounsshe/her
328written posts
Mizoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mizo
Mizo Avatar
If you are reading this, I am beautiful.
When someone actually tells me that the site skin/concept makes them want to write. I often spend weeks or even months designing skins and trashing out so many old designs, and muse is something extremely fickle for most RPers I know, including me. Beautiful cinematography is one, and likely the only thing that really inspires me to write, so being told that my designs actually makes people want to write is a compliment that genuinely makes me happy. This goes for templates or writings or graphics- just being told that something I made makes people actually want to use/write/do something is the most touching thing I've ever heard, because it feels like an ultimate testament to a work that I've slaved and fretted over for a long time.
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit on Dec 3, 2018 16:54:01 GMT by Mizo

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,786written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
*squeals in delight* I wanted this type of thread soooooo badly. I just have the memory of a goldfish and got nervous about starting it myself. XD

+ Members who contribute to the site because they want to involved and help out. I appreciate this so much, even from mere suggestions of what species to implement or plot concepts to edit. A lot of the newer features on my site arrived because of my members, specifically the plot's thorough timeline which was created by a member who enjoyed history.

+ When members or guests state the efforts of myself and my staff show from the details in the plot, rules and various other pieces of the site. As somebody who adores writing, this warms my heart and brings a grin to my face. It is rewarding to know the effort my staff and I place into the site is enough to make people want to join us and have fun.

+ Meeting new people and learning new cultures, lives, etc. As a shy person, I prefer learning about other people, especially since I am a writer. It brings new ideas, concepts and characters to the site that I will gain the opportunity to read. There are also different formats of writing, unique words and other various pieces that pique my curiosity. Furthermore, the connections I've made from role-play are absolutely priceless and bring joy throughout my days. c: As an admin, I love connecting with my members and seeing members connect with one another.

+ Seeing my members welcome new members to the discord server/site. I love witnessing the welcoming nature of my members since it reminds me why I love my community. This can be merely providing a welcome message, plotting with new characters or even assisting members when the staff and I are offline.

+ Reading about plots being planned and put into action by members. As stated previously, I love watching people connect and enter our community. It is refreshing from both an admin and member perspective.

+ Polite suggestions from members for events. There are times where members do create excellent, enjoyable ideas for the staff to use and I always appreciate it. Having all these plots to place into effect is what makes a site interesting and allows people to enjoy the site. I also adore bouncing ideas off of my staff members since they can give incredible recommendations to make new additions more interesting.

+ When members come to me or my staff for help or friendly conversations. This one I enjoy seeing since it allows me to know the staff and myself are approachable. Heck, I get asked the occasional coding question because a member is using something similar and wants advice, opinions or a troubleshoot (if my mediocre skill can help ^^') and I love it.

+ Reviewing applications and being able to stamp them with approval or suggest methods for a member to maintain their desired outcome/plot point. Helping people and getting their characters accepted is enjoyable in itself for me since with such diversity, there are so many interesting concepts different people will bring to the site or a character. It is genuinely incredible and brings a smile to my face. It's why I am glad to be staff and have the privilege to be expected to read applications.

+ Being able to look down the members' list and mentally think as everyone as a friend. This feeling brings warmth to my heart to know my staff and I created a community I have grown attached to and consider my home. Furthermore, I love it when members say they can call the site home.

+ Making graphics for the site. While I am not the best, I've always enjoyed photo editing. c: It is a pleasant, artistic way to be productive for the site when my writing muse is low.

+ This will probably be an unpopular favourite for people here, but I absolutely adore advertising. I love travelling through sites and admiring the appealing skins and glancing over the various advertising ideas. There is something oddly relaxing about going through sites while music plays and just posting advertisements. until a captcha fails.

I may have gone overboard and some of these may be more member favourites than just staff. ^^'

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounshe/him
504written posts
shivearned bits
onlinecurrently
shiv
shiv Avatar
WTB> PRIMOGEMS
members who ask questions. it's always better to ask— and even if the related answer is written down somewhere, i'm glad that they're attempting to clarify an uncertainty before acting on it.
last edit on Dec 4, 2018 3:04:43 GMT by shiv
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,786written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
You're right, we do need some more posts here.

I love quietly watching my members have conversations and not participating. Watching everybody get close to one another warms my heart and leaves a smile on my face, thus I remain silent unless I am suddenly needed in the conversation. It is a pleasant reminder that we are a community and a group of friends able to enjoy role-play.

Working as a council with my staff rather than independently. As an admin, I adore having other staff members to work with since making decisions as a council of sorts is pleasant. Should I or somebody else on the team miss something in terms of certain decisions, it gets mentioned or even new ideas get added to a plot/event idea. Furthermore, having that mix of people allows for everybody to showcase their talents. (ex. I am horrible at making/finding custom emotes, but one of my staff is awesome at it.) Even in more stressful situations like issuing punishment, we will work as a team to make certain nothing is overlooked, each of us providing opinions and using our various personalities to assist one another.

Seeing members desire to assist the site, whether it be through suggesting interesting plot notions, joining threads with new members or advertising. I know it makes me smile and feel warm inside that somebody enjoys the site enough to share it with others or get involved.

aliassifr, katrina
pronounsshe/her
89written posts
sifrearned bits
offlinecurrently
sifr
sifr Avatar
schwellenangst // fear of the unknown
Even after a site is gone, one thing I love is bringing it up in a conversation and getting "OH! I remember that place, that place was awesome, that was you?!"

Sometimes sites just don't work out because of life and that's just the way of things, but when they're remembered fondly as a place that people had fun for a few months? That's when you know you've done good.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,786written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
When members talk out their problems before/instead of getting staff involvement. I love seeing this since it is very mature and allows me to trust my members to sort out their problems in a kind and polite fashion. Naturally, if things are getting out of hand, I am plenty fine with receiving a message about the incident and resolving it. I simply enjoy seeing that attempt to sort any issues before possibly asking for staff interference.
last edit on Dec 25, 2018 15:01:35 GMT by Chibi Magician

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,786written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
don't mind me, sneaking a double post in here.

When people drop by and compliment the skin or various other elements of the site. It makes me feel as though me and my staff did a good job, thus I will be smiling behind the monitor, glad to hear the efforts of all contributions were worth the time.

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
When people post for me.

I do this to write, so a consistent tempo of posting keeps me invested. When people post for me and want to thread, it serves as validation for me that I'm writing well and am writing at least good enough for people to not like... idk, take a look at my post, projectile vomit all over their computer screen, and then retreat to a Buddhist Temple to try and brain bleach the awful prose that they saw coming from me.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,786written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
When you converse with a potential member and essentially convince them to join through social awkwardness prowess. This one reminds me that sometimes, I can learn to be a social person and manage to help someone enjoy the site enough already that they wish to join the community. Especially considering I am extremely shy, so this feels like a confidence-boosting win in my book.

Members who are saints and advertise because they enjoy the site so much. Thanks a million for helping out! It's always much appreciated and I wish I could provide more in return for your assistance. Unfortunately, I have developed into an advertising menace and make it difficult for my members to advertise on occasion. ^^' and I finally added rewards for advertising too.