looking for a tight knit community/rp partners

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
oh boy, where to begin?

i guess you could say i'm someone who gets overly attached to characters and plots, so i'm not looking for just any site to join. i appreciate any offers made, but please read the rest of what i have to say before you link me to your site!

i'm looking for a lasting community.

i've seen a lot of neat rps lately, don't get me wrong, but i want a site that i can really count on to call my rp home. i'm looking for a place where i can get comfortable and where there is a good base of committed members, even if it's small. honestly, i'm so crestfallen about how fast sites are opening and closing lately that i've almost given up on rp entirely, so please, if you aren't serious about keeping the site open or it's something more on the casual side, don't link me. i'm sure your sites are amazing too, but i'm looking for a place where i can really settle down and make some lasting plots and friendships.

as for genres? i tend to lean toward things that are slice of life geared, but i know that's kind of an obscure genre in the animanga community, so i'm not going to be too picky about that. i will say though, no pokemon. i love pokemon as much as everyone, but i've never been very good at actually rping it.

thank you for any suggestions!
last edit on Oct 10, 2018 10:05:01 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
You might enjoy Ascendant! We fit the bill for a long lasting and a tight-knit community. We've been open for about 5 months, so we've already gotten over that initial three month hurdle that kills a lot of sites, and we're definitely not going anywhere. Way too much good stuff happening for that to happen. Our core members have been around for months, so no worries about anyone disappearing on you.

All I've wanted to do is post lately, so I can 100% guarantee you'll at least get threads with me. Further, it should be easy to integrate into the community even though we're small because not only do people like building plots around what's happening in other peoples' threads, there's a system that makes it real easy to get involved in what's going on. If the system we use looks a bit intimidating, don't worry. It's a lot more straight-forward than it looks and I'm happy to walk you through it. Plus, it's a team game, being a roleplay and all, so you'll either have me or an experienced member to help you out when actually going through the motions too.

Hope to see you there!
214written posts
โœฆ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
โœฆ MAD
โœฆ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

Sadly we're not slice of life, but we do intend on keeping Program: Actuality up and running. It'll be three months at the end of September and the staff and members are still planning for future events. As admin I fully intend to keep the site running even if we do experience ups and downs (doesn't every site).

[break][break] This one is animanga. One of those vr stuck in the game types.

[break][break] You could always just chat with us for a bit to get to know the ambiance first. Just to see if it's for you. We have the discord and jcink shoutbox on the site for that.[break][break]

Regardless if it's for you or not, I do hope you manage to find a home. It's really hard to find good ones that will last. I'm always so sad when the good ones close.

last edit on Sept 23, 2018 1:06:56 GMT by โœฆ MAD
pronounsany pronouns
271written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
If you're looking for a tight knit community, Surreality might be worth a peek. We're not slice of life, but me and my friends originally opened the site because we were sick of other sites closing, we wanted a place to rp out plots/ships/etc, and we wanted a place where we could meet and make new friends. I've told this to my members before, but our "worst case scenario" situation isn't closing โ€”ย it's everyone leaving except for me and the friends I have who want to stay and rp with me (womp womp)... But yeah, we're on the smaller side and will be four months old come August.

You're welcome to pop in and talk to us; you can use our on-site discord widget if you'd like to say hi without actually joining the server (or just to spy on us and see what we're like ;3c LOL). I hope to see you around, but if we're not for you, I wish you the best of luck finding a permanent home! Sadly, there are not enough of those around, nowadays.
pronounsshe/her
81written posts
Lacunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lacuna
Lacuna Avatar
we're all dancing to the same sad song
I feel that so hard omg

It's not slice of life by any means, but Megalomania is very active and has been around for almost 2 years now with many of our current members having been there from the start.

We're basically a laid-back group of friends who like to joke around and do all sorts of plots (including general slice of life stuff like shipping/hangouts/etc.). Character investment/development is a big thing too!

I know it's a long shot since it's a conflict-heavy setting, but I figured I'd toss it out there just in case you'd ever want to try something a little different! <3
pronounsShe/Her
13written posts
fudgeearned bits
offlinecurrently
fudge
fudge Avatar
Hi! Ok, if it's a tight-knit community, STARFALL has it. We're not slice of life, but more of a fantasy genre. Witch rp, but you can pretty much do anything on it. Romance, tragedy, day to day life...! The site plot is run by staff, while members are free to pursue their own plots. Member plots would also be woven to the site plot! Starfall strives to be a character-driven roleplay with expansive lore and a highly interactive plotline.

We've been open for about a year now, and is going strong! We have a member base of dedicated rpers and an equally dedicated staff. We've been through so much, including complete staff change, system changes, and now we've recently expanded our board locations!

Good luck finding a site to call home and friends to call family!

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Hey there, @arae ! 

So, I'm not quite sure if you're still interested or are still looking for a place to fill your criteria, but if you still are then maybe Bubble Tea could be one of the places you'd like to check out? Granted, we opened recently, but we've gained a good amount of members who are fairly dedicated and willing to establish solid plots.

We have several characters already accepted and plots that are also underway. If you're interested or wanting to check it out, you're more than welcome! We are also slice of life, which is something I forgot to mention since I noticed that it was one of the things you were looking for.

Regardless, if it doesn't quite fit the bill for you, I do wish you the best of luck finding a site that clicks! โ™ฅ

last edit on Oct 12, 2018 15:13:59 GMT by Deleted
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,398written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

hey @arae o/

if you're still looking for sites, i thought i'd recommend event horizon to you! we've been around for over a year with the general core of our community very tightly knit and welcoming to new members - i definitely consider this my own rp home through-and-through. though our genre isn't specifically slice of life, we're sandbox and very member driven so if what you're looking for is a laid back place to play a character in a generic city setting, that's definitely possible here!

we are a pokemon site, however knowledge of pokemon is only needed on a very limited level. we have no stats, no systems, no classic trainer-pokemon set up, and many helpful members that would love to be of assistance! if you're interested in joining you can let me know here or drop us a line on our discord server.

either way i wish you luck in finding your rp home!
7written posts
Sairaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Saira
Saira Avatar
Hey @arae! I'm not sure if you're still looking, but I've got a couple sites I'll throw your way!

First I'll have to offer is World of Remnant. We'll be turning 3 years old this coming February, and I've personally been there right since Day 1. I know how you feel when it comes to plots and characters! I've gone through so many iterations of characters and had to re-hash so many things from people leaving, it does get tiring after a while. That being said -- I don't see us going anywhere any time soon. I don't know if you're into RWBY or not, but we're AU after Volume 3, though we do incorporate some of the canons and lore of Volumes 4 and on. We're extremely active, so you'll see posts daily, but it's still a more comfortable/semi-casual posting pace (I'd say the average is 3 days to a week for a post, depending on who you're posting with, just because life happens sometimes). We've been doing a lot of massive changes and overhauls (we recently redid our entire team listing, and dear god I wanted to die when it was done) so we're committed to getting things cleaned and updated!

The second I'll offer to you is Eledria. It's a much smaller community than World of Remnant, but myself and WoR's Community Admin are the two running it, so we have no desire to go anywhere as it's kind of our 'i need a break from RWBY' sort of site (because she's been at WoR as long as I have, lol). We need something different to mix it up and keep the muse going, so we'll be sticking around there no problem! I will admit we're a little quieter than World of Remnant, just because it's a smaller community and we're a bit newer.

Both sites you can find links to below in my signature! Feel free to come say hi in the Discord(s). :)
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,805written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Hello there, @arae. If you are still searching, I have a site I could throw at you.

I have a fantasy site that could fill your desires for a good community. As it stands, TDOM is actually growing close to its first year anniversary and myself alongside the other staff have no desires to close the site. We have a group of dedicated role-players who place effort into their characters and are always craving a good plot with newer members. The site has felt like a home to me for a while and a lot of us have become friends over the months. We especially love meeting new people and welcoming them into our community. Some playful teasing does occur in the chats on occasion alongside mentioning of video games if you like those sorts of things.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Let's Stay Together is not very extravagant, but it is definitely a place you can call home. We're a roleplay forum based on the popular anime and manga series, Fruits Basket, but even if you have never heard of it, you're still welcome to join. Everything takes place in or on the outskirts of a small town in Japan by the name of Kaibara, and the genre is very slice of life, with just a sprinkle of fantasy elements thrown in. While we do have somewhat of an over-arching plot, we depend on how things play out in-game, and we still encourage members to thrive in their own plots and are very centered around character development, and in-character drama, secrets, romance, rivalry, angst, hurt, comfort, and more. We offer the availability of characters who are cursed with the spirits of the chinese zodiac, as well as characters who somewhat deviate from the norm in one way or another, those who are a part of the school's student council, and other various citizens and newcomers to the town that players are welcome to create.

We are still fairly new, seeing as we have only been open for a little over a month, and have no intention of shutting down anytime soon. So far, we have a small, but dedicated group of members, and everyone is very welcoming and friendly, and all of us would certainly love to have you around! If you're interested, please do not be afraid to drop by the site, or visit our Discord. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Good luck in all of your site-searching journeys and all of your current/future roleplay endeavours! We hope you will find a place to cherish and to call your second home, @arae .

last edit on Oct 24, 2018 14:55:24 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.