Would anyone be interested in a fighting based site?

aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
This idea has been sitting with me for a while and it would be an interesting experience for me to run a site like this. I'm not a very good roleplay fighter but I've been apart of a fight oriented group in the past. I haven't seen this done in a lot of the places I've looked so I was wondering if people would be interested in this.

It would be a mostly YYH and slightly DBZ inspired roleplay with a light plot that drives the world in the right direction. There would be different "races" such as human, demons, and gods but they would all be able to beat each other just fine as they can in both anime I'd be basing this off of. It would have Earth, Heaven, and Hell though with Earth, I would center it around a single country to make it easier.

As for where I'm stuck... I am not sure what people would prefer in a fighting roleplay. A lot of my concerns are just me thinking ahead.

If they would want a progression system-- how would I handle a catch up mechanic for new players in later stages?
Should I have energy resources? Defined moves? Perks?

If there were no combat systems-- would it be best to let people have free range making their powers? Should there be a banned power list?

Regardless, this site will require a lot of trust in people to not break basic roleplay rules when they fight. That will come with it's own problems but making a site like this, I'd have to be prepared.

If anyone who comes by this thread is interested or even has some tips / ideas for it, let me know! Thank you!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.