pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
Howdy!

This idea has been resting at the back of my mind for a while, but it got shoved aside by my other ideas. Now that I'm looking for new things to get into, I think it's finally time I share it and see what others think. I'm quite self-conscious, so bear with me ^^"

I'm intrigued by Japanese history, mainly the warring states period (aka the Sengoku era), and I've been thinking about making a site based on this period. The overall lore would need some brainstorming, but the basic premise is that there are clans and warlords fighting for local power. I'd like to give others the freedom to create their own clans and factions, but I'd prefer to start with only three major clans for the sake of simplicity - and then let the members decide what the fate of these big clans is.

I'd also love to see fantasy elements sprinkled there. I'm all up for adding some elements of Japanese folklore.

In conclusion>> Clans fighting to take over Japan + Japanese folklore

I have a lot more suggestions and ideas for this potential RP, but this is the basic premise. Interested? Is this site worth making? I'd love to hear your opinions ^-^

Thanks for reading <3
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
Thanks a ton for the feedback <3
I think I'll go ahead and give this idea a try. I'll go ahead and create a separate Discord server as some sort of a 'pre-register' for this site - and so that I'd be able to flesh things out based on others' feedback, plot, and other things. I'm still quite busy today, so I'll create it likely tomorrow. ^^

, when the site gets done, I'd prefer to focus on the clans and their politics first. However, the site will offer these "onmyoji" characters right from the beginning. These onmyoji characters essentially work as priests, fortune-tellers, etc. They will perform various rituals, and they would have the ability to communicate with various demons and spirits. 

At the beginning, demons and spirits are likely going to stay as NPC characters. However, I plan on making them playable once the clans establish themselves. 

In conclusion, supernatural creatures are going to become playable in the not-so-distant future. Until that happens, onmyoji are going to serve as a link between the real world and the spirit realm. 

@touka , to be honest, I haven't decided yet. Personally, I have a slight preference for Jcink for various reasons, so I'd prefer to host the roleplay on Jcink. It's not set in stone yet, and it'll definitely be something to discuss on the Discord server.

Once again, thank you a lot for the feedback ^_^

pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
, thanks a lot for the kind words ^-^ Iโ€™m more than happy to hear that someone is interested in this idea c:

To answer your question, I imagine that a character becoming a spirit or a demon is a possible thing. The most probable way how a character may become a spirit or a demon is to let the character die with some unfulfilled goal/purpose. Maybe a dying character feels too much grief and/or anger to the point where they are simply unable to find peace, and thus they become a spirit or a demon. So, yes, characters can become spirits or demons, especially after their death.

I donโ€™t see a living character just randomly becoming a demon though. Maybe an onmyoji may get temporarily possessed by a spirit when a ritual goes terribly wrong or when thereโ€™s one powerful demon who has the need to cause trouble.
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
Howdy, everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! As I said in my previous post, HERE is the promised Discord server for this future roleplay. It's some sort of a pre-register thing before the site gets finished. Feel free to join and have fun~ See you there ^โ€“^
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
, I've quite recently decided that yokai characters are going to be available right from the beginning ^-^ 
I did not want to include them right at the start, because I didn't want to make the plot too overwhelming and hard to understand; but I recently got the idea of demon and spirit characters haunting the dreams of regular human characters, plaguing them with awful nightmares. Human characters are affected by the ongoing conflict between the clans, thus their weakened minds are making them the perfect target for spirits with ill intentions.

Of course, not all spirits haunt dreams, and anyone is welcome to create a spirit by its own liking. This plot-idea is rather what made me make up my mind ^^" But, yeah, yokai characters are definitely going to be available right from the start ^^
last edit on Nov 6, 2018 15:38:27 GMT by Elaysa
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.