0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","disTHANG"]

[break][break]

Did I mention there was another interest check thing coming up? I think I did! ;D[break][break]

Anyway, my muse is going a billion miles per hour in two different directions. One goes to WZM, another has gone to this - which I've called STAND OUT! If you're at all familiar with 1995's A Goofy Movie, you'll know where this title comes from. If for whatever reason you've lived your life in a hole, go HERE and thank me later.[break][break]

NOW ABOUT STAND OUT:[break][break]

Stand Out (stylized as STAND OUT!) is set in the fictional city of Darling, California. For all intents and purposes, it is a (smaller) AU version of Los Angeles. I've made a map of Darling that looks like something straight out of Grand Theft Auto - but it's not, lol. Darling is divided into several different districts, ranging from residential all the way to the good commercial stuff. On the site, you'll find a forum for each of these districts, with sub-forums added for a more in-depth gander into the City of Darling.[break][break]

Now the plot itself focuses on the (also fictional) VUE Media Network. VMN was founded by a prominent musician initially for musicians, though recent developments of their platform have paved the way for other creators. Sort of a MySpace to YouTube type of evolution, for reference. VMN currently possesses the online content platform vueTUBE (this world's YouTube) and vue.me (this world's FaceBook/Twitter). I've worked diligently to create "off brand" names of just about everything important (I could think of) under the sun.[break][break]

I intend to make profiles quick and sweet, to the point. It will more or less function as the character's vue.me page. For "Content Creators" there is only one more step in the process, and that's creating their vueTUBE channel. Using a separate template, this more or less serves as a "hub" for all the content they create. Speaking of, let's talk about content creation.[break][break]

This part of the process was hardest to iron out, and honestly, it's still in the works. So far this is the idea:[break][break]

Content has certain costs associated with production. This can range from [small amount] to [greater amount] - by the way, I haven't decided these amounts. If it wasn't obvious, by the way, this uses a money system. Each "tier" to production cost determines a few things. These include increases (or losses) in followers, views, likes, and dislikes. All of this is ultimately decided at random using ProBoards' built-in dice system, rolled by Mods to avoid shenanigans.[break][break]

After deciding what kind of content they're going to create, the next step is a thread - solo or with whoever the player chooses - detailing the production and subsequent release. Don't worry, you wouldn't have to go overboard. For example, a Let's Player wouldn't have to detail every single second of a game they're playing. Likewise, an animator wouldn't have to tell us about every single penstroke. Just a little story about the joys (or horrors) of creating content for their audience![break][break]

And that's just the vueTUBE side of things. There's so much more to do. Writing, acting, modeling? Heck, there's something for just about everyone under the sun.[break][break]

And that really boils down to what STAND OUT! is about: storytelling. It's a world with nigh-infinite possibilities and stories to be told.[break][break]

If this is something you might be interested in helping with - please, please, please harass me on Discord or in PM. The first thing to do after all this is done is finding people that might wanna help run the show. Pick their brains, become pals. Awwh yis.[break][break]

If not, then in the words of just about every YouTuber ever, smash that like button! ;D Lol.[break][break]

โœ— Kannan

[newclass=.disTHANG]width: 400px; margin: auto; border: 1px solid #414141; background: #f8f8f8; padding: 40px; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify[/newclass]
last edit on Nov 5, 2018 22:02:29 GMT by Deleted
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
540written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
I SWEAR TO GOD KANNAN don't toy with me like this

actually my next premade is geared towards entertainment rp sites please look forward to it

:thumbsup: I approve of all of your ideas
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ninelie Avatar
I SWEAR TO GOD KANNAN don't toy with me like this

actually my next premade is geared towards entertainment rp sites please look forward to it

:thumbsup: I approve of all of your ideas

not even toying tho lol. I will most certainly be eyeballing for this skin you speak of, best be letting me know IMMEDIATELY when it's done >:0

I'll even move off PB for it if I must
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
uuuuuuuuuuupdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!!!!! - 11/13/18

OKAY so I've finally got some updates on this beautiful messss~

โ€ข site moved to jcink to take advantage of ninelie's stellar skinning skills.

โ€ข i've finished the rough/beta map (that will likely be the final result) for the City of Darling, which can be viewed HERE!!

โ€ข i've been picking out some slick templates, very nice stuff~

โ€ข plotters are merged with applications, just to make life easy. apps can be unlocked for people that don't want to fill out plotters right away and so they can finish them at a later date.

โ€ข the system for rolling is just about ironed out, i just have to decide how much things cost basically. *wheeze*

โ€ข with the exception of subforums and custom profile fields, the site itself is done being built. c:<

the smell of progress~~

expect another update in about a week at the latest!

-K

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.