SENET [INTEREST CHECK]

pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=.senbg]width: 485px;background: #fcfcfc;border-top: solid;border-top-width: 5px;border-top-color: #edc449;border-bottom: solid;border-bottom-width: 5px;border-bottom-color: #edc449;padding: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sentext]background: #f7f7f7;border: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #dbdbdb;padding: 10px;line-height: 20px;font-family: open sans, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;color: #4f4f4f;text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sensubtitle]display: inline;background: #edc449;color: #fcfcfc;padding: 5px;font-family: questrial, sans-serif;font-size: 15px;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]

[attr="class","senbg"]
[attr="class","sentext"]

SENET (working title) is an original fantasy RP based on Ancient Egyptian mythology. It will be set in a world heavily inspired by the ancient Egyptian civilization and similar, surrounding cultures where magic is real and the Egyptian Gods walk the earth. [break][break]

[attr="class","sensubtitle]PLOT
Hundreds of years ago, the gods lifted the darkness from the world and its never-ending sea, bringing light to the shadowy expanse and giving the creatures that had inhabited the dark world their first form. They continued to shape the formless sea, and eventually created humans in their endeavors. However, their newest creations were struggling to survive in the new world. The creatures from before there was light still roamed the grounds. They were great, powerful things that were older than the gods themselves and had chosen humanity as their prey. [break][break]

Upon seeing this, the gods gifted humanity with the power of magic to defend themselves against these creatures so they can live without fear. [break][break]

Humanity began to flourish after their gift. A grand civilization began to form and gods were still held in reverence for all they had done. In addition, the gods split up parts of themselves into essences and blessed many newborns with it, turning them into vessels so that the gods themselves may better watch over their new world. [break][break]

The gods continue to walk the earth but the earth still was not in order. The creatures from before the light still threaten humanity and the abuse of magic against other humans run rampant. What else will happen in this chaotic world? [break][break]

[attr="class","sensubtitle]Characters
There are two playable classes: HUMANS and VESSELS. [break][break]

HUMANS: Humans as we know them but with the ability to control magic. A human’s magic is not as strong as the gods’ magic or the vessels’ magic but they have the ability to learn multiple areas of magic. [break][break]

VESSELS: These vessels are considered the gods themselves and are held in reverence by the humans. A vessel can take many forms and the gods often favor animals that are representative of them. However, there are human vessels in this world; this is the other playable class in this rp. Some human vessels are born and appear as completely normal humans while others may have animalistic features to varying intensities. [break][break]

While they may share certain traits with their godself, each vessel also has a sense of self that is seperate from their godliness. They have their own personalities and goals separate from the god they represent. Their magic is more powerful than a human’s, less powerful than the actual gods’, and is limited to the domain that the god they represent can control. E.G. Ra vessels can only control sun/light based magic but the sun-magic would be stronger than a human’s sun-magic. [break][break]

There can also be multiple vessels of the same god with personalities and looks that are independent of each other. These vessels may either be naturally drawn to or pushed to positions of power but not always. It is still up to the individual vessel to decide how they want to live. [break][break]

If this is something you're interested in, or have questions about, please let me know!

last edit on Nov 26, 2018 2:34:52 GMT by cyanide darktearz 💀
17written posts
dyfaluearned bits
offlinecurrently
dyfalu
dyfalu Avatar
This idea is fantastic! I've had an ancient Egypt IM RP going for ages. To be honest, I fell in love with the idea thanks to my preteen obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'm just curious if you'd also be willing to include other species common to Egyptian mythology: demigods, sphinxes, Bennu (phoenixes), sirens, serpopards, ladon and griffins.

352written posts
vonearned bits
offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
HEY IVE ALWAYS BEEN CURIOUS AND EXCITED ON UR SIGNATURE

but now it's an interest check! Anyways im dropping by here to say that this is really good and tbh i'd be lying if i wasn't craving on rping ancient egypt. Would you be focusing on the action or the political side? I think that this is a really nice platform to get a nice game of thrones-esque political intrigue with a new setting. Perhaps, it would also be good to focus as well on exploration part, like exploring and conquering other civilizations, etc. I just think it would be nice to have that kind of dynamic in an rp wherein Politics change often because of the leaders. Kinda like how Egypt was during Ptolemaic dynasty.

anyways these are all just rambles. In any case, i still think that this is still a really nice idea even if you focus on just one country + lore of the vessels < 3
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
dyfalu Avatar
This idea is fantastic! I've had an ancient Egypt IM RP going for ages. To be honest, I fell in love with the idea thanks to my preteen obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'm just curious if you'd also be willing to include other species common to Egyptian mythology: demigods, sphinxes, Bennu (phoenixes), sirens, serpopards, ladon and griffins.

I loved Yu-Gi-Oh when I was younger and even had bootleg cards that I'd play against my cousin with. And finally, this site will give me an excuse to sneakily work in as many Yu-Gi-Oh jokes as I can. And yes, I am going to incorporate the mythological creatures. My plan was to base the creatures from before there was light (known as the Timeless Ones for short) off of various creatures from Egyptian mythology, most notably being the sphinxes because I can't have something based off of Egyptian mythology without including the most iconic creatures.

As for demigods, I am not yet sure how I want to incorporate them if I do at all. Vessels are already demigod-like as it is (born to humans with godlike qualities) so they're kinda already merged with them. Though you bringing it up makes me realize I haven't thought much about how human x vessel offsprings play out so thank you for bringing this up! If you have any suggestions for it, please feel free to let me know.

von Avatar
Would you be focusing on the action or the political side? I think that this is a really nice platform to get a nice game of thrones-esque political intrigue with a new setting. Perhaps, it would also be good to focus as well on exploration part, like exploring and conquering other civilizations, etc. I just think it would be nice to have that kind of dynamic in an rp wherein Politics change often because of the leaders. Kinda like how Egypt was during Ptolemaic dynasty.

I'm glad that you brought this up, Von! The way that I have the plot planned out right now is an equal mix of action against the ancient creatures and political intrigue events that one can choose to participate in. For the political intrigue side, I do encourage rpers to make plots to allow it to happen but there will also be events to encourage it and move the plot along as well.

And to keep it more confined, the world is focused on one country but it's a big country with semi-distinct areas and slight influences of other ancient civilizations to allow for the more political plots/events to occur. So no conquering other civilizations because they're already unified under an Ancient Egyptian rule but more in-fighting type stuff with the potential for new countries to spring up and other shenanigans if the rpers move that way.

Like two areas I have already made is based off of the Indian sub-continent/Mesoamerica and Ancient Greeks/Phoenicians in mind, so already there is incentive for breaking up the country IC. However, for simplicity and a greater focus on the Egyptian aspects, the gods from those cultures will not exist, they all speak the same language, same writing system, etc. with the slight differences being more along the lines of clothes/food/architecture interspersed with the predominant Egyptian culture. 

That being said, the skeleton of the site is nearly done. Yay for progress! I still need to work on the skin and write up more info about it. orz

EDIT: Oh, I'm editing this to add that if anyone reading this has any concerns or criticisms with anything I have brought up so far, PLEASE bring it up! I want to work out as many kinks as possible before it opens and I might be blind to any potential problems right now.
last edit on Nov 30, 2018 21:24:01 GMT by cyanide darktearz 💀
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
[nospaces]
[newclass=.senbg]width: 485px;background: #fcfcfc;border-top: solid;border-top-width: 5px;border-top-color: #edc449;border-bottom: solid;border-bottom-width: 5px;border-bottom-color: #edc449;padding: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sentext]background: #f7f7f7;border: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #dbdbdb;padding: 10px;line-height: 20px;font-family: open sans, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;color: #4f4f4f;text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[attr="class","senbg"]
[attr="class","sentext"]
UPDATE: Boards complete for now unless I decide to add or modify them. Currently working on the skin. I have some info tables and what not done but still need to work on other standard improvements like remodels. Don't know when opening date is but hopefully sometime by January. If you would like to help with the site in anyway, please send me a PM.

pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
[nospaces]

[newclass=.sensubtitle]display: inline;background: #edc449;color: #fcfcfc;padding: 3px;font-family: questrial, sans-serif;font-size: 15px;text-transform: uppercase;margin-right: 7px;[/newclass]

[attr="class","senbg"]
[attr="class","sentext"]

Update to say that I'm still working on this and development is going along well. ETA is still January. How do some of y'all make sites so quickly? I'm suuuper jealous of that work ethic. So here is a small snippet of part of the setting for those interested/following the development:[break][break]

[attr="class","sensubtitle]NAHAR
A large country known for its advanced nature, high skill in the arcane arts, written hieroglyphs, and the large fertile Nahar River that runs through the entire length of the country. The country consists of several regions known by Naharians as Nuat (the middle land), Qa'a (the upper land), Hadast (the south-eastern land), and Kumara (the north-western land). [break][break]

[attr="class","sensubtitle]HADAST
Hadast is a region located on the rocky south-eastern coasts of Nahar. Many of the people who make their home here have a love for the sea and open ocean. As a result, they have become a region known for its seafarers and often works as a trading middleman between other countries and the rest of Nahar. Most imported and exported goods go through its ports. [break][break]

[attr="class","sensubtitle]Kumara
Located in the northwest regions of Nahar. Dense rainforests and higher threat of attacks from the Timeless Ones makes settlements harder to establish, but not impossible as proven by the resilient, prideful people who decided to make this region their home. [break][break]

Sorry, no skin previews for now! Maybe in a future update. /wink

last edit on Dec 16, 2018 18:55:31 GMT by cyanide darktearz 💀
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀

I hope no one minds that this interest check turned into a development log.;;; 

Here's a preview of the app template, not to scale.  I'm terribly indecisive and it's likely the final design will change. As far as remodels go, I still have to do the mini-profile, main profile, and posts. All other general improvements/remodels are mostly done... for now.

I'm still open to suggestions/ideas/whatever for anything regarding the site as well. Feel free to hit up my inbox
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.