write a reply

Post a Random Thought

263written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
I was being cheeky, of course, so no need to reply. I was merely saying to our gibberish-named friend that I like the Proboards editor because I don’t have to press “preview post” in order to see my post in full, without the blemish of code tags. I am quite aware if you use specific templates on Proboards, you inescapably suffer from having to see those tags, whereas Jcink’s preview post button will always cleanly reproduce the post it will publish.

But I don’t like writing with a lot of code tags in my writing field, so no matter what, I do not like Jcink’s old-fashioned editor that hasn’t changed since the days of InvisionFree. And I don’t use those cumbersome Proboards templates, so to me, writing with all the code around it is a unique punishment you can choose to inflict on yourself.
last edit on Oct 8, 2024 0:33:22 GMT by traveller
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
eepy cosy
aliasmaestro, mae
pronounsthey/he
1,584written posts
M A E !earned bits
onlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
because even my darkness will shine brightly.
i don't rly wanna quote bc it'll make the post look much longer but:

bc is coming from the pov of someone who codes/uses templates, in which jcink provides a much more stable environment for previewing the codes (albeit at the cost of having to reload the page every single time), whereas proboards preview breaks every single template you use on it and is impossible to actually preview what you're making until you've hit post (which means you'd have to reload the page anyways).

[jcink images are from my own coding on an old site called chaos theory, proboards images were kindly provided by ulla after asking since i'm not on any proboards site; typically it looks even more broken than this, according to them]

edit: oh i was writing this up before you edited to say u were just being cheeky LOL it's not a big deal really, i just wanted to point this out!

edit 2: i will say, when i write posts, i don't write in the actual window, i write in google docs or wordcounter and then copy paste it into the code when i'm done with it and then add whatever formatting i might need. so i'm also not writing with a bunch of code tags in plain view LOL
last edit on Oct 8, 2024 0:42:20 GMT by M A E !
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,569written posts
offlinecurrently
our gibberish-named friend
Part of the Furniture
our gibberish-named friend Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
proboards always eats my post anytime there’s an error that if i post long here in pixel i always make sure to select all and save first before posting causs kt’s do the thing where it breaks ajd if i go back the post is not there anymore it was all a dream and now i am in a nightmare of no posts

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,569written posts
offlinecurrently
our gibberish-named friend
Part of the Furniture
our gibberish-named friend Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
i didnt recognize who tf i was with the new avvie from mobile and was like wow someone posted exactly what i think wow
last edit on Oct 8, 2024 5:10:37 GMT by our gibberish-named friend

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW