write a reply

Post a Random Thought

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
after a year and a half of being stuck at home because of mental illness i finished my first week at uni and i just feel immensely good about myself right now
last edit on Aug 24, 2018 17:46:43 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
pronounsany pronouns
282written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
iota Avatar
Sometimes I think running/staffing a site prepares us for various types of jobs: customer service, management positions (to a slight degree. We don't get control logs/books or have to deal with money and other heavy responsibilities, etc. XD I mean more handling/managing others), advertisement firms (those video games, movies, and books you love so much: someone's gotta advertise them), web design (if you make your own skin), story planning (video games, author, animation, etc.), merchandise design (at some sites I staffed at, we had to come up with new limited edition event items), etc.

|: Of course, I'm also making it out to be bigger than it is, but we do kind of dabble in the shallow puddles of a lot of things. XD

Maybe I'd actually put it on my resume if I could handle the mere idea of talking about roleplaying in an interview without the sudden urge to astral project myself into the sun.
pronounsshe/her
90written posts
FINITEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FINITE
FINITE Avatar
iota Avatar
Sometimes I think running/staffing a site prepares us for various types of jobs: customer service, management positions (to a slight degree. We don't get control logs/books or have to deal with money and other heavy responsibilities, etc. XD I mean more handling/managing others), advertisement firms (those video games, movies, and books you love so much: someone's gotta advertise them), web design (if you make your own skin), story planning (video games, author, animation, etc.), merchandise design (at some sites I staffed at, we had to come up with new limited edition event items), etc.

|: Of course, I'm also making it out to be bigger than it is, but we do kind of dabble in the shallow puddles of a lot of things. XD

I usually consider staffing a site akin to customer service. Which reminds me never to do a face-to-face customer service job since I can get super passive aggressive.

I also used the web design aspect to help get my current job.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,365written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
forte Avatar
iota Avatar

Maybe I'd actually put it on my resume if I could handle the mere idea of talking about roleplaying in an interview without the sudden urge to astral project myself into the sun.

honestly i'd hard second this sentiment if it weren't for the fact that, for me, roleplaying kind of has been my job due to my personal living situation. is it ideal to have it listed on my resume? no. it terrifies me having to list it. but i'd like to think it's taught me a lot of skills to try to actually find a real job in customer service and management stuff, so in a sense, i'm not going to turn it away when it actually conveys that i do have skills, they're just not in anything i can necessarily verify the same way i could by calling a previous place of employment.

aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

re: putting rp things on your resume

it's on mine since i've been unemployed for the last three years so i needed ~ something ~ to show that i've been doing stuff and make my cv more appealing

edit for all you dnd players

last edit on Aug 24, 2018 21:09:16 GMT by valka
if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?
iota Avatar

do you ever feel like you're gonna explode without more posts to post to? |: I've written four posts today already, but my brain is all

;-; Help... me... /keels over and explodes/

you can write my posts for me if you want /SHOT

if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW