write a reply

Post a Random Thought

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
So Disney has a 24-hour stream of a few throwback holiday episodes, and the episode for Phineas and Ferb has Doofenshmirtz doing a number about how much he feels a strong indifference towards Christmas and wants to hate it. He's obviously never considered working retail during the holiday season.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
i'm really gonna miss the city. the trains, the every-10-minutes busses, so many people, everything's new, everything's shiny, something new's being built everywhere you can see...

but i gotta go back to home base. it might be nice to again be somewhere that i know like the back of my hand, at least.
last edit on Dec 16, 2018 13:42:53 GMT by Deleted
pronounsthey/she
248written posts
sacredearned bits
offlinecurrently
sacred
sacred Avatar
Do not seek forgiveness, for it will not ease the burden. It weighs as it should.
spring Avatar
i’ve said it once , i’ll say it twice , i’ll say it a million times until people get this right - - being ‘ brutally honest ‘ and ‘ blunt ‘ doesn’t excuse being a complete dick , okay ?
half tempted to get this tattoo'd on my face
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,842written posts
Nekoearned bits
onlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
Not quoting since I've seen this several times and I am too lazy to do so, this brutally honest stuff interests me. I've been told a lot of times I'm brutally honest and respectful but they just don't like the thing I said- henceforth sometimes I'm a 'dick' but I always would love to hear this conversations. The idea of these biases/fallacies are so interesting that I sometimes wonder was I supposed to be a linguistics major.

It's so much more of a diverse area and it isn't always that simple. I've been called a dick and brutally honest & respectful. I need to figure it out better so I can personally adapt my speaking style to a less combative version. Not mainly for the internet cause, well I don't honestly care enough most of the time, but for my job mainly. I'm going to t2 for a promotion and I really don't want to deal with people screaming at me and it's my fault cause they dropped their phone in a toilet.

Also. I want more crazy calls man. It's so nice. So, the aliens are speaking through the gmail app on your iphone. Please do tell me more, customer.
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
665written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
onlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

to the lady who was in here at 9am, screaming in my supervisors face over stupid shit, then insisting she was our best customer, how could we do this to her: never fuckin come back. you're poison.

pronounshe/him
46written posts
springearned bits
offlinecurrently
spring
spring Avatar
Neko Avatar
Not quoting since I've seen this several times and I am too lazy to do so, this brutally honest stuff interests me. I've been told a lot of times I'm brutally honest and respectful but they just don't like the thing I said- henceforth sometimes I'm a 'dick' but I always would love to hear this conversations. The idea of these biases/fallacies are so interesting that I sometimes wonder was I supposed to be a linguistics major.

It's so much more of a diverse area and it isn't always that simple. I've been called a dick and brutally honest & respectful. I need to figure it out better so I can personally adapt my speaking style to a less combative version. Not mainly for the internet cause, well I don't honestly care enough most of the time, but for my job mainly. I'm going to t2 for a promotion and I really don't want to deal with people screaming at me and it's my fault cause they dropped their phone in a toilet.

Also. I want more crazy calls man. It's so nice. So, the aliens are speaking through the gmail app on your iphone. Please do tell me more, customer.

there is a difference between being a straight up dick and being brutally honest - - i usually make the distinction and draw the line at ‘ is what i’m saying beneficial to this person ?? ‘ and a lot of instances can be stopped at ‘ did they ask for my opinion ? ‘ if they didn’t ask , then just don’t say anything , really , especially if you know that what you’re going to say isn’t going to go over well . but if they did ask . . . then they can’t get mad at you for speaking your mind , they asked after all , especially in a business setting as you described !

but of course there are times when you need to tell someone how it is , especially when they’re being either toxic or have a victim mentality . they may not like it at first , but , if they really are wanting to be different , they’ll take your words to heart . this is more of a personal relationship - - again , the other distinction is if you have that person’s best interest in heart . if you’re saying something to them that is going to make them better as a person but they say you’re being a dick , well , 1) you’re being brutally honest and that’s good because you want them to better themselves and 2) if they’re your friend , they’ll get over it .

anyway , i suck at explaining things ?? but i hope this helped !!! lemme know if you need any clarification !!!
last edit on Dec 16, 2018 17:47:11 GMT by spring
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,842written posts
Nekoearned bits
onlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
spring Avatar

there is a difference between being a straight up dick and being brutally honest - - i usually make the distinction and draw the line at ‘ is what i’m saying beneficial to this person ?? ‘ and a lot of instances can be stopped at ‘ did they ask for my opinion ? ‘ if they didn’t ask , then just don’t say anything , really , especially if you know that what you’re going to say isn’t going to go over well . but if they did ask . . . then they can’t get mad at you for speaking your mind , they asked after all , especially in a business setting as you described !

but of course there are times when you need to tell someone how it is , especially when they’re being either toxic or have a victim mentality . they may not like it at first , but , if they really are wanting to be different , they’ll take your words to heart . this is more of a personal relationship - - again , the other distinction is if you have that person’s best interest in heart . if you’re saying something to them that is going to make them better as a person but they say you’re being a dick , well , 1) you’re being brutally honest and that’s good because you want them to better themselves and 2) if they’re your friend , they’ll get over it .

anyway , i suck at explaining things ?? but i hope this helped !!! lemme know if you need any clarification !!!

I don't believe they are different at all- hence my curiosity. There's different levels of semantics, personal ethics (biases), and fallacies that most conversations can fall into. For example, previous statements speak of 'd*cks' is attacking a person instead of what they said. A basic ad hominem fallacy. That being said - your view is very interesting, and thank you. It's a very useful way of thinking I suppose, weighing (imo) into personal ethics and empathy which is a good way of thinking about it in a different light. I would definitely have a harder time being a blunt person to a friend.

That being said - if you want to talk about this in PM's or Discord, please do let me know. (This goes for anyone) but this was more of a personal interest statement and I don't want to clog up a thread. I'll be ignoring any further comments (Not that I don't appreciate them!) but discussions are better put in the discussion board or in personal chat! Sometimes I remember I'm staff, kay.

IN OTHER NEWS TO POST RANDOM THOUGHTS
mobile fighter g gundam / dark/demon gundam is what I've been binge watching and it's amazing.
pronounshe/him
46written posts
springearned bits
offlinecurrently
spring
spring Avatar
also , is it just me or do a lot of people with anxiety not like eating out ?? because while i wait for my food , i get so anxious abt the people around me that i no longer feel hungry anymore and instead feel sick to my stomach and all jittery . random thought while i’m waiting outside a cracker barrel .
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW