Post a Random Thought

pronounsshe/her
117written posts
Crownauticearned bits
offlinecurrently
Crownautic
Crownautic Avatar
swinging swinging in this world dyed in so many colours ~ ♪
me: oh, i have a new template idea for this thread!
also me: / has fifty other templates just to use for other threads /
me: : ) this is fine / goes to code a new template anyways /

Lux Lucet in Tenebris
aliasJacob
pronounsHe, Him, and His
1,226written posts
Jacobearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jacob
Part of the Furniture
Jacob Avatar
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I kept meaning to talk about it when it was being debated, but I just really wanted to get this out here. <<;

I always thought lack of muse was like when you've got the inspiration, and the desire to write but.. the words just aren't coming? Like you know what you want to post and everything but don't know exactly how to actually put it out there and everything you're doing just isn't what you're wanting. So closer to writer's block I guess.

idk, I just don't think lack of desire is 100% what it means, at least for me.
One could just not feel like posting.  It's normal!  People get distracted, have manic circumstances, etc.  Writer's block usually fades, .
last edit on Aug 28, 2018 16:13:40 GMT by Jacob
pronounshe, him
561written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
iota Avatar
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I kept meaning to talk about it when it was being debated, but I just really wanted to get this out here. <<;

I always thought lack of muse was like when you've got the inspiration, and the desire to write but.. the words just aren't coming? Like you know what you want to post and everything but don't know exactly how to actually put it out there and everything you're doing just isn't what you're wanting. So closer to writer's block I guess.

idk, I just don't think lack of desire is 100% what it means, at least for me.
Basically, but there comes a point when used more of an easy excuse and used too liberally. At some sites I was at, it was treated like a sickness and often an "acceptable excuse to be discourteous and demotivating." (Muse also means "to think, a state of meditation," btw.) I wouldn't say writer's/artist's block and muse are one-in-the-same, though. Muse is more "to be inspired," block is more mentally blocked, like thinking the work you do make comes out poorly (even if it's not poor). You can be inspired and continue to draw all while being in a block/rut (because the results of your work aren't up to your expectations). It's a really frustrating feeling.

Maybe we should have a muse discussion? But then it might get heated, so maybe not?

I could agree with it being a bad excuse but I don't feel anyone even owes anyone else an excuse at all when they don't want to post at any given time. Rushing people to post just churns and burns them
last edit on Aug 28, 2018 16:11:14 GMT by Sharp
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Sharp Avatar
I could agree with it being a bad excuse but I don't feel anyone even owes anyone else an excuse at all when they don't want to post at any given time. Rushing people to post just churns and burns them

Yeah, I fully agree. If you're not feeling up to writing, then don't write. Simple as that. Personally, I think it's tiring (and equally demotivating) to get excuse after excuse. ^^; At the same time, if they're going to poof for a while, at least give a heads up like "I won't be able to post for a while" type deal. No excuses, just a courteous forewarning.

last edit on Aug 28, 2018 16:14:50 GMT by Deleted
pronounsShe/Her
306written posts
offlinecurrently
Miss Melonade ♥
Spring '21 Bingo Completionist
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I've Grown Tired of This Body, Cumbersome and Heavy
iota Avatar
Basically, but there comes a point when used more of an easy excuse and used too liberally. At some sites I was at, it was treated like a sickness and often an "acceptable excuse to be discourteous and demotivating." (Muse also means "to think, a state of meditation," btw.) I wouldn't say writer's/artist's block and muse are one-in-the-same, though. Muse is more "to be inspired," block is more mentally blocked, like thinking the work you do make comes out poorly (even if it's not poor). You can be inspired and continue to draw all while being in a block/rut (because the results of your work aren't up to your expectations). It's a really frustrating feeling.

Maybe we should have a muse discussion? But then it might get heated, so maybe not?

I didn't say that it WAS writer's block but closer to it. I feel like it sits in between the middle. When I say I don't have muse I'm 10xs more frustrated then the person I'm replying to because I've been trying to write for the past hour but it's not working. I'm unable to convey the feeling I want in the post.

Maybe this isn't a feeling every writer gets though, for some people writing is WAY easier.

I don't know a lot about it and don't 100% care enough to double check. But if I remember right that muses came from Greek stories, they were mystical beings that helped a story teller convey a story, get the juices flowing and such. Helped bring inspiration to the said story teller to convey a good story.

Jacob Avatar
One could just not feel like posting.  It's normal!  People get distracted, have manic circumstances, etc.  Writer's block usually fades, .

I agree but that's not what I'm trying to say, I'm saying I don't use muse to mean that? When I don't feel like writing I say "Man I don't feel like writing." I use "I don't have muse." When I sit down and want to write but keep writing the same line over and over again cause I can't.. think of how I want it to work.

And I don't understand your last comment? Writer's block usually fades... but so does lack of desire? You can gain the desire back again, and you can gain muse back, all three of those fade.
pronounsShe/Her
306written posts
offlinecurrently
Miss Melonade ♥
Spring '21 Bingo Completionist
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I've Grown Tired of This Body, Cumbersome and Heavy
iota Avatar
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
When I say I don't have muse I'm 10xs more frustrated then the person I'm replying to because I've been trying to write for the past hour but it's not working. I'm unable to convey the feeling I want in the post.Maybe this isn't a feeling every writer gets though, for some people writing is WAY easier.

I think you would mean a block in that case because you're not saying you're not inspired to write, you're saying you struggle with how to compose your post. (edit: lack of muse = lack of interest; block = loss of ability to work.) Often times I find when I'm struggling, it's likely because the other person wrote too much (i.e. didn't give my character room to react), too little, or something is way OOC. When that happens, I just talk to my partner to iron out the kinks and then I can write. I think when you're struggling like that, it's best to discuss with your partner.

For art and writing both, sometimes I just go "awh, f*ck it." and just write/draw and submit. It doesn't have to be good, it just has to get done. So, it's likely not easier for some people, they just pick and choose their battles. If I procrastinate on a hard post, it just makes it harder to do and less motivating. XD As some saying goes, just gotta get over that hump.

Edit: this post is ironic considering my last post. XD Maybe I say these things to keep myself motivated -wiggles brows-

I really don't care enough to argue anymore, so I'm not gonna respond anymore after this, but my whole entire point was your definition of muse is different to me and muse and inspiration are NOT interchangeable to me. Muse is a mix of not being able to write and also lack of ideas, but has nothing to do with desire.

But the idea that I would be RPing with you, sit there and try for hours to write something for you, get really frustrated I can't, come to you and tell you I'm having muse issues and you'd be like.

"Hey you're just not trying, just tell me you don't feel like it."

Would really really hurt.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were arguing or debating. I was just talking. I think you largely misunderstand what I'm saying (or didn't read all that I wrote), but I'll leave it at that.

last edit on Aug 28, 2018 18:33:30 GMT by Deleted
pronounsany pronouns
282written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
After waiting for a scheduled call for the past two hours, I've learned that waiting to talk on the phone with a stranger is scarier than actually talking on the phone with a stranger.

I might decide otherwise when/if my phone actually rings, tho...
last edit on Aug 28, 2018 18:09:32 GMT by forte
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
284written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
Me for the first 80 pages of this book: Ugh, it feels like the writer is smacking me over the head yelling "LOVE ALL MY CHARACTERS"
Me, two days later on the last book in the series:  I LOVE ALL THESE CHARACTERS AND NEED TO SCREAM ABOUT THEM
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,367written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
that moment when you're lazy enough to debate coding a profile app just so you don't have to code an actual app and a profile

pronounshe + him
157written posts
Gonzoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Gonzo
Gonzo Avatar
it has, truly, been a roundabout path...
murdoc Avatar
Maybe I should just quit it all and become a Let's Player.
"heeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY WHAT'S GOIN' ON GUYS? it's yuh boi, back at it again with another [insert game everyone else is playing] video"
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW