write a reply

Post a Random Thought

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Why is it when one Gamestop closes another one opens? I mean both of the ones closed are in the mall and it is still open so why? And when are you getting a new stash of Switches for me to buy? I can't use my active offers because I lack an interest in your stock and wanted to use my remaining on the Switch games that I can't play because you sold out of Switches....
last edit on May 28, 2020 1:17:14 GMT by Deleted
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
melusine Avatar
scylla Avatar
well the years start coming and they don’t stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
didn't make sense NOT TO LIVE FOR FUN
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
spiritfoxxy Avatar
May 20, 2020 15:03:21 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
Why is it when one Gamestop closes another one opens? I mean both of the ones closed are in the mall and it is still open so why? And when are you getting a new stash of Switches for me to buy? I can't use my active rewards because I lack an interest in your stock and wanted to use my remaining on the Switch games that I can't play because you sold out of Switches....

Now, this is just my basic understanding of the situation, but the general idea is that it costs much more to rent out store space in a mall long-term than it does to buy/rent your own land, since part of your rent money goes to the maintenance of the entire rest of the mall, plus the general perk of exposure just by being in a mall. For non-chains, that exposure can kind of make or break business, but for chains that people would already know of without wondering around a mall, it's often more profitable to station themselves outside of a mall, especially now that malls are becoming more and more archaic and rent prices are likely going up.

Switch shortage is probably due to coronavirus stuff. VR headsets are also really hard to come by these days. With more people staying at home for long periods of time, consoles are more sought after that usual, and I can only imagine how the manufacturing of those consoles has been hurt by the virus. High demand, low supply sorta deal. Nothing anyone can really help right now, y'know? If those points expire, it might be worth it to just put 'em toward games from another system you already have and wait 'til those points build back up again. Bonus is that the prices on those Switch games you want might drop in the time it takes to get them! More money to buy even MORE games later down the line. 👀
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
, I get what your saying about the buy/rent, but they went from two Gamestops that aren't in a mall closing to now having the other two close while those ones opened back up. Mind you there are still some businesses in the mall that are opening and it makes one believe are they slowly opening businesses back up or something since even the food court is in use in my location at one of the malls. I've yet to check the other mall. As for the active offers, I planned on just going into one of the other Gamestops and using it towards a giftcard, since the cashier is able to put it in for me to get a print off code. Maybe I'll be able to afford Xbox Live when all of this is over. It just sucks that I can't get the Switch so that I can get the games and use my points... that I plan on buying with something in store even if the Switch isn't around still.
last edit on May 28, 2020 1:16:57 GMT by Deleted
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
568written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
spiritfoxxy Avatar
May 20, 2020 20:34:08 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
, I get what your saying about the buy/rent, but they went from two Gamestops that aren't in a mall closing to now having the other two close while those ones opened back up. Mind you there are still some businesses in the mall that are opening and it makes one believe are they slowly opening businesses back up or something since even the food court is in use in my location at one of the malls. I've yet to check the other mall. As for the active rewards, I planned on just going into one of the other Gamestops and using it towards a giftcard, since the cashier is able to put it in for me to get a print off code. Maybe I'll be able to afford Xbox Live when all of this is over. It just sucks that I can't get the Switch so that I can get the games and use my points... that I plan on buying with something in store even if the Switch isn't around still.

Other stores' business prospects =/= other stores like Gamestop.

I know it sucks right now that Switches are constantly out of stock due to the high demand, but it's a bit sucky to chalk it up to "well other stores are opening, so why isn't GameStop, either?" In all honesty, I'm surprised that certain businesses are opening up now seeing as how COVID-19 numbers aren't flattening at all, and this is a risky move for all parties involved.

And if your mall's food court is open, that's because food is essential... unlike video games. Sucks, but that's the hard truth.

hover + icon by 旳---
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW