309written posts
syhrinxearned bits
offlinecurrently
syhrinx
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
syhrinx Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
i really want to learn how to code tumblr themes
i tried it like. once. or twice. it's so... annoying aslkdjlaskd god the people who have the patience to code one up by scratch are TRULY admirable. i wish u luck in ur endeavor when/if u try
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,365written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
Kuroya Avatar
i really want to learn how to code tumblr themes

i've started doing it and oh shiva it feels like proboards only worse-

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
a well done site event thread goes beyond the thread itself. staff can mod it and everyone can be hyped about it but what comes after is just as important.

event threads that make it easy for others to create fall out threads and construe plots that stem from that event shows just how well done it was.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,365written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
SPIRELE Avatar
a well done site event thread goes beyond the thread itself. staff can mod it and everyone can be hyped about it but what comes after is just as important.

event threads that make it easy for others to create fall out threads and construe plots that stem from that event shows just how well done it was.

i agree with this to an extent, but i also want to add in a quick disclaimer that i think it depends on what you want to get out of a site event.

if you're wanting actual plot developments from your events? yeah, this is the ideal. this is the proof you have done a good site event. when the event runs well and the members are hyped about it and there's lots of potential for fallout threads and plots that come out of it as a consequence.

but i also think there's a certain value to events that are just..... meant to be a lot more one-off and just a way to have fun even if they tend to drift off into obscurity or have little consequence on the larger site. cuz i mean. it's been idk 4, 5 years and i'm still so very much in love with the absolute concept of ct's / ccr's very first event with the randomized potions and even if most of the threads petered out within a couple of months with very little overall impact on the participants, i think that the fact it still sticks with me so strongly is proof that it was a super solid event with a super cool concept even if it might not be a "successful" event by other standards.

pronounshe / him
94written posts
pomponearned bits
offlinecurrently
pompon
pompon Avatar
yuhhh get into it
i wonder if a "site timeskip" could be logistically viable :thinking: like for a fe3h- or fe4-themed site, for example. or even a zombie apocalypse site. it might be easier to just rp two different times with 5 years in between them but it would also be super cool if the site marched toward an inevitable "timeskip" & everybody's characters & the site's setting itself came out the other end fundamentally changed by the events....... #thinkythoughts
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
I still cannot believe that Revo went into guests only mode at the start of this year, and our only two major plot-related events included police brutality-related rioting and the heckin' plague. *SWEATS PROFUSELY*

Time to reopen the site just to make an event about achieving world peace and hope that, too, becomes a realized prophecy -
last edit on Jun 17, 2020 5:30:47 GMT by pharaoh leap
pronounsthey/them
127written posts
vvvaporwavesearned bits
offlinecurrently
vvvaporwaves
vvvaporwaves Avatar
[mitski voice] nobody nobody nobody nobody nobody
pompon Avatar
i wonder if a "site timeskip" could be logistically viable :thinking: like for a fe3h- or fe4-themed site, for example. or even a zombie apocalypse site. it might be easier to just rp two different times with 5 years in between them but it would also be super cool if the site marched toward an inevitable "timeskip" & everybody's characters & the site's setting itself came out the other end fundamentally changed by the events....... #thinkythoughts

timeskip fireflower so we can do university rp <3

WAIT I FORGOT I HAD AN ACTUAL THOUGHT TO POST: i forgot it though rip
last edit on Jun 17, 2020 5:32:19 GMT by vvvaporwaves
pronounssorcerer
189written posts
troye saivonearned bits
offlinecurrently
troye saivon
troye saivon Avatar
we feel it with our whole body and soul
vvvaporwaves Avatar
pompon Avatar
timeskip fireflower so we can do university rp <3

WAIT I FORGOT I HAD AN ACTUAL THOUGHT TO POST: i forgot it though rip

fifty year timeskip, rp our character's grandchildren :evilthot:
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?