pronounsShe/Her
703written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
I am kinda tempted to bring back the sidebar trend idk. Or well, not "bring back" but I just want to use it again for something, I'm feeling nostalgic.
last edit on Jul 17, 2020 19:16:45 GMT by peach
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
peach Avatar
I am kinda tempted to bring back the sidebar trend idk. Or well, not "bring back" but I just want to use it again for something, I'm feeling nostalgic.
*sweating* b-bring it back? ... it left? 😰
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
703written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
elli Avatar
peach Avatar

I mean... Maybe it didn't but I don't see the classic ones as much as I used to. Or maybe I just don't know where to look lol. Most sites I see have hover banners or maybe static side bars.
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
peach Avatar
elli Avatar
I mean... Maybe it didn't but I don't see the classic ones as much as I used to. Or maybe I just don't know where to look lol. Most sites I see have hover banners or maybe static side bars.

i thought you meant like the old school, doesn’t-scroll-with-you, blocky, v4 sidebars. With those coded headers from each section like the setting and cbox??? there are definitely sites with sidebars, but not LIKE THEY USED TO. back in the OLDEN days. days of yore. days of 2000 word posts where we called eyes "orbs" and cried over v5 coming in.
last edit on Jul 18, 2020 0:39:58 GMT by scylla
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
703written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
scylla Avatar
peach Avatar
i thought you meant like the old school, doesn’t-scroll-with-you, blocky, v4 sidebars. With those coded headers from each section like the setting and cbox??? there are definitely sites with sidebars, but not LIKE THEY USED TO. back in the OLDEN days. days of yore. days of 2000 word posts where we called eyes "orbs" and cried over v5 coming in.

That's exactly what I am talking about LOL :'D
269written posts
Kei ⚸earned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei ⚸
Kei ⚸ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
scylla Avatar
peach Avatar
I feel seen.

Literally just went on the wayback machine website and put the url in for my rp, checked the first thing that came up, and cried at the sidebars. literally me with the 2000 words posts and the orbs tho, i'm ded
last edit on Jul 18, 2020 4:10:07 GMT by Kei ⚸
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
703written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
Kei ⚸ Avatar
scylla Avatar
I feel seen.

Literally just went on the wayback machine website and put the url in for my rp, checked the first thing that came up, and cried at the sidebars. literally me with the 2000 words posts and the orbs tho, i'm ded

omgosh I did the same thing just now with my very first successful site and it has those side tables. It looks so crisp. So clean. Not busy, simple, just how I like it.

:'D I wonder if I could recreate a skin like that nowadays...
269written posts
Kei ⚸earned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei ⚸
Kei ⚸ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
peach Avatar
Kei ⚸ Avatar
I feel seen.

omgosh I did the same thing just now with my very first successful site and it has those side tables. It looks so crisp. So clean. Not busy, simple, just how I like it.

Saaame. I think it's 100% doable. Probably with how everyone codes skins nowadays, they would look so siiiick. I'm all in favor of rewinding time to the good ol' skin tropes xD 
last edit on Jul 18, 2020 12:18:08 GMT by Kei ⚸
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
Skin tropes. That’s a new one. LOL

In other news, I’ve been renovating a house, and yesterday my mum was taking a piece of flooring from me to bring outside to be cut, and she didn’t lift it high enough and it lowkey hurt my knee like... not bad bad, but now I’m looking at it and I’m like "yo that probably needed stitches," so now I’ve butterfly clasped it together and I guess I’m going to have a scar so that’s cool I guess... LOL
last edit on Jul 18, 2020 7:17:43 GMT by scylla
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kei ⚸ Avatar
peach Avatar

Saaame. I think it's 100% doable. Probably with how everyone codes skins nowadays, they would look so siiiick. I'm all in favor of rewinding time to the good ol' skin tropes xD 

sidebars are sexy
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW