DO YOU HAVE ANY PHOBIAS?

pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
Okay so I know some people don't believe in phobias but I was just thinking of mine and thought I would ask! :-*

My biggest phobia is of vomiting. Can't hear it, can't look at it, can't imagine it, think of it, anything or I will basically make myself sick and have a panic attack.
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
283written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
I used to only believe phobias were just strong aversions, which I had to baked beans and snakes lol. Then I stopped being afraid of snakes when I woke up to a wild one slithering on my chest - him having found his way inside our drafty old house sometime during the night. 

Bam - shock therapy, I was no longer afraid of non-venomous snakes. My 'phobia' was cured.

Buuut then I really discovered phobias were something completely different when I was in my early twenties. It's super stupid and random, but for some reason I was watching an alien documentary and when one of the 'abducted' started telling her story I fell into a panic attack without knowing what it was.

And now the sight of a grey alien makes me want to throw up I get so suddenly afraid. Even the dumb or cutesey ones in stores make me quiver. 

It's pretty embarrassing and I don't know what caused it. I guess not having a real reason for the fear is what makes it a phobia. 

As a 'funny' side note, my gf's computer is an alienware so I have to avoid looking at it when she boots it up because it shows a big grey alien head at startup. 
last edit on Jan 22, 2019 16:32:52 GMT by kappaccino
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I have pretty severe acrophobia - even standing in a chair causes my whole body to tense and ache, and I can feel the pounding in my ears. We know it likely goes back to when I was a small child; I was quite the climber, and when I was about four years old I climbed a bookshelf and couldn't get down. I was so scared that I didn't cry out, so my parents didn't notice for an hour because it was my designated nap time.

So no heights for me, no matter how safe a place might be - even the second floor of a mall can be a trial in bravery and trying to overpower my fears with logic.
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.
You know that scene in Cronenberg's version of The Fly, where Geena Davis is giving birth, only to realize in horror that the "baby" is a giant, wriggling maggot?

Yeah that's how I feel about pregnancy. Tokophobia.
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
283written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
Benetnasch Avatar
You know that scene in Cronenberg's version of The Fly, where Geena Davis is giving birth, only to realize in horror that the "baby" is a giant, wriggling maggot?

Yeah that's how I feel about pregnancy. Tokophobia.

I totally get this one. Spoiler for something you may find disturbing too

The videos where babies are moving against the mother's skin from the inside make me wanna hurl. Meanwhile people around me are like "awwwww, look at her kick, she wants out" and it's so weird to me

Also, never watched that movie, but something similar happens in a Mononoke episode and I couldn't get it out of my head for days.
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Heights are spooky. I hate in airports where they have the 2 escalators with the glass separating them and sometimes nothing else there to block your vision. I don't have enough self control to not look down so I do this weird ass crouch to try and make myself as hard to knock over as possible like suddenly I'm gonna get flicked off or something.
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,092written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
holes. someone having a hole in any part that isn't a mouth, their nostrils, ears, an inner belly button (you outtie belly buttons are gross btw's; freaks of nature) or ice cream exit? it's not okay and unnatural and you need to cover it up immediately. i don't wanna see your ice cream exit either, fyi. but yeah, i remember someone in high school got into a car accident and they were showing off how their two front teeth went into--you know what, let's just say he caused me to develop a fear for holes in odd places.

another fear i have is probably when i'm in the dark. i demand you do not leave your coat and/or hat sitting on a chair or something tall or i will see a man standing in the corner watching me. and let me tell you something? i'm quick to throw some hands against the forces of darkness.

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Spiders.

When I used to run cross country in high school one girl thought it was hilarious on bus rides or when I wasn't paying attention to do a hand motion on my neck that felt like there was this giant spider on there. I over-reacted every time because I'm not taking the chance that this time a real spider from the woods decided to fall on my neck, the most vulnerable part of my body, and wanted to murder me for the crime of trespassing on their property.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
My list of owed RP replies.

Not counting, like, the more common ones, like spiders: I absolute hate, hate, hate being on draw on in any capacity. You know how some people will write notes on their hands or just, like... draw on their arms or something? Nope, nope, nope, I get even a tiny bit of pen ink on my finger or something just from writing, and I have to wash it off IMMEDIATELY. I despise when other people try to draw on me, too, because they think it's cute or funny. For some reason, it makes me feel incredibly dirty, somehow significantly worse than if it was even mud or poop or vomit. No clue why. :'D

Also, 10000000% seconding 's bedbugs comment, although that's 50% terror, 50% ungodly rage.

pronounsshe/her
239written posts
swanskiearned bits
offlinecurrently
swanski
swanski Avatar
To eat or ... to eat ...
I have one very real phobia and one irrational one.

Start with the real one.... Being buried alive. I just... nope nope nope!!!

The other one... being stuck in outer space. Like, if you see those space movies and part of the ship blows up and you see people being shot out into outer space?? That totally freaks me out! Don't even get me started on the movie Gravity. I refuse to watch it despite having two of my favorite actors.

... oh and spiders. 
last edit on Feb 14, 2019 4:00:00 GMT by swanski
pronounsShe / Her
70written posts
Blossomearned bits
offlinecurrently
Blossom
Blossom Avatar
Blonde to the bone
ohgoshsomanythings

The one of the most weirdest ones though is plants. Not specifically plants themselves, because...I own two, but plants moving and stretching and doing things only sentient beings or animals should be doing, but they do it only slower and ohmygoshwhyyyyy. I don't have a specific reason besides that 'it feels wrong', and 'they could choke me in my sleep', but I guess that's part of what a phobia is. LOL. Ironically, I love taking care of plants and having them because they're cute lil' perfect beans, but any time they MOVE over the coarse of some amount of time I will instantly die. ALSO MUSHROOMS ARE THE SCARIEST DEMON MONSTER THINGS THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE NEAR ME

also ESPECIALLY bugs, spiders...anything tiny that can crawl besides like teeny mammals. I'm a white girl, I know, shh. xD

Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,044written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Heights. Of any capacity really. Even small step stools are too much, idk why. Trauma probably.
Spiders are enough to give me a panic attack if there's a lot of them in one place so... no.
Bees? Maybe bees. Been stung, but there's something about them flying at your face that just induces panic. More specifically wasps though I guess? Bumblebees are adorable.
Uhh... Things over my face. Yeah that's a big one too I guess. I'm claustrophobic but only on my face. Covid has incited more panic attacks than anything cuz I can only wear a mask for an hour before I get hyper-aggressive from the claustrophobia induced panic.
Losing my kid. Not specifically him dying but like. Being taken away or losing custody to my ex or something idk.

Yeah I think that's it.

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW