Looking for help with lore & mechanics!

50written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
Hello there! I am currently in the process of putting together an animanga high fantasy rp inspired by Magic: The Gathering's tone and ideas, as well as the aesthetic of shonen fantasy franchises (the power levels, consistent action and drama).

The main setting is a massive, country-sized (small country, obviously) city that exists in a world where everyone and their mother know and are able to practice at least some amount of magic. The premise of this setting is that the invention of a magical catch-all device known as Lacrima (idea taken from Fairy Tail) sparked an industrial revolution that rapidly caused the city to expand and grow to the size it is now. Several historical events also play an important role in how the city functions now and what factions are available. There are some themes of the oppressor versus the oppressed, freedom of science and how far we should go with science/magic. If I had to describe the genre I'm attempting to go for in as few words as possible I would probably say: political action drama in a high fantasy setting.

The core system of the site is a fairly simple magic system without ranks or DnD style stats or anything like that. The only technical part of it is that I divided spells up into four basic types to at give some flavour to eventual character v character threads. However, I'm still unsure how to specifically pull off progression and how much "power" I intend to give characters when starting out. Canons will also play a big role and I'm also unsure how to differentiate the power of the initial canonically strong characters and the rest of the character-base. Quests that give characters the opportunity to directly impact the setting and award additional resources to progress a character are another important mechanic, as are continuous events (several of which I have already written out and would like some feedback on).

All that said, I do ocassionally find people to bounce ideas off of, but I'm looking for someone to have some serious discussions about the lore and the systems. So anyone who fancies themselves as lore aficionados with a knack for simplistic systems are definitely welcome to hit me up via pm or discord! I log in every day!

To summarize:

• I'm looking for help with my high fantasy rp site
  • Be interested in discussions about lore, plot and mechanics
  • Be ready to thoroughly read, review and critique my writing (withholding spelling errors >_>)
  • Please be avilable at least once every two days or so for having maybe 10 minute-long talks about ideas and thoughts!

I'm not expecting anyone to actually moderate or even maintain their interest, but if you think this sounds like something you could be interested in, come hit me up!

Discord: mavroh#1561

last edit on Feb 4, 2019 23:14:58 GMT by mavroh
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.