1,799written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
Hey one and all,

I was previously on the project of IWYS (Intoxicated with your scent) and while the site is still around and has a lot to work with โ€“ a few people in the project had lives and it didnโ€™t fly like an eagle. So, a few people from the original team and a few newer people wish to recreate the idea of the site. We have a name, we have a (Mostly) finished skin, and a good amount of everything set up.

To be clear, this site is a sister-ish site of Pixel for Jcink. There is no design to add one on proboards because thatโ€™s what PP is for. Hosting isnโ€™t going to change. There is a good amount of the site for a freeform, but weโ€™re also combining it with a jcink code display and hosting forum as proboards isnโ€™t always friendly to jcink coding. We will be hosting a lot of code related events as well.

Thereโ€™s a lot of the forum I wonโ€™t be touching on here. Thatโ€™s plain and simple as we do want to keep it a bit of a surprise. That being said, I want the communityโ€™s response on what they would like to see in this sandbox + code site. Instead of having just Sonder/Back to Neverland and IWYS, weโ€™re combining them and trying to keep the feeling of low maintained, but also give the power to those who put work in to be moderators and the like.

Some tidbits,

• This site will have generic genre forums. However, the site can participate in building several inner โ€˜sitesโ€™. Lore, codes, skin, etc will all be a melting pot. For example, letโ€™s say we created a separate Pokemon forum โ€“ we would want people to all bring their skills into creating the site. Coders, bring on your tables and modifications. Writers, bring your tales of capturing legendary pokemon. Etc. We would like to have these be fun projects.
  • Staff is currently a small group โ€“ but with very collective interests and extremely varying beliefs, systems, etc. We want diverse opinions and experiences and over time we wish to have a much more filled out team. This doesnโ€™t mean diverse in one thing or another, I mean we all have experiences and we want to make sure everyone can be heard.
  • We wish to have a community thrive on the platform. You donโ€™t have to like everyone or even interact with everyone, but we want everyone to feel that they are part of the melting pot. This means we wonโ€™t have groups such as on Pixel. There is no ranking up in galleries or choosing anything like that. All groups are groups that you want to be a part of and get through a store purchase that simply changes colors with your account and what have you.
  • We desperately want to help people create sites with a foundation so they donโ€™t flounder- and we want to give people the ability to rp out plenty of different sandboxes. We want to bring the community together on that respect. Those who like helping on sites but donโ€™t want to run them, we want you here to help.
  • Lastly, I would like to know what you would like to see that you really want to have on this site. This includes everyone. I also would like to have information on what type of genres, what type of community projects, etc people would like to see.

All and all, this is a very large and ambitious plan but the staff team wants to try it out. If it doesnโ€™t work, we know something better next time- but we want to give it a try. So feel free to hit me with anything you would like to see on site!

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.