[Interest Check] Final Fantasy X

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
For the last two or three years, I've been playing around with the idea of creating a site based around Final Fantasy Xโ€“without the canon characters. This means that while the site would share the same plot as the game, it wouldn't contain the characters (or the events that take place after the game start) from the game.

The general threat (on a site-whole level) is Sin, and as such, guardians, summoners, Yevon followers and the Al Bhed all exist (as well as the Ronso and the Guado). Summoners are still being sacrificed (as well as one guardian for the final summoning), Yevon is still corrupted and at war with the Al Bhed, who are still considered shunned by the general population. The usage of machina is still officially banned, and the world is still plagued by the unsent.

However, that doesn't mean that's all the site has to be about. What kind of elements would you like to see implemented? What can be added to make it more than just another fantasy site?

• Classes, but no stats/XP/Levels (Unless there's a super high demand for this). (Any classes you'd like to see aside from 'summoner', 'black mage', 'white mage', 'warrior', 'thief/rogue'?)
  • Quest system that gives site points? Some other form of 'reward'?
  • Low activity (Members have to post once a month to avoid their characters getting retired)
  • ProBoards (This is non-negotiable, sorry)
  • 18+ (Member, not content-wise)
  • Face claims: I'm pretty open in terms of face claim, tbh. Animanga, real life, what have you.
  • Combat System (Are people interested in a system aside from letting people determine their own fights themselves?)
  • Races: Should there be more races than the ones FFX originally offers? Other FF races? Original races?
  • Aeons/summons: Should these be playable? Should the site only have the original aeons, or should there be room for adding new, original ones?
  • Fayth: Should these be playable?
  • Unsent: Should the unsent (i.e Auron) be playable?
  • Canons: While Yuna & Co don't exist, canons such as Yunalesca does. Should these be playable?
  • What about the other FF games? Could some of those elements be implemented? If so, which ones?
  • Factions: Should there be other political or religious factions aside from just Yevon?
  • Maesters/Grand Maester: Playable?

Overall, I'd like to keep the general plot idea of FFX (The whole summoners vs. Sin gimmick), but I'm open to suggestions and inputs, and while Sin and Summoners is a huge part of the world, that doesn't mean the world can't revolve around something else as well. I think there should be more for people to dig their hands into, to keep the general plot alive and bubbling, since killing off Sin and bringing forth the new Calm would probably be a site-wide event ever ## months.

• Political faction vs. political faction? Maybe a faction is rising to rival Yevon?
  • Al Bhed: Maybe the Al Bhed has gotten fed up with being treated badly and rises to the challenge?
  • Maybe the Crusaders grow larger and decide to go back to their roots (Crimson Blades) to be free of Yevon?

(As you can see, most of my suggestions are very FFX oriented, lmao)
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
PLEASE. P L E A S E.
I WOULD LOVE THIS SO MUCH. SOOOOO SO MUCH. PLEASE.
FFX is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games because the WORLD is so freaking good, I love it and I've always wanted to play in that world. I would love to see this happen. I'm biased as heck, but I like the idea of NOT making rl face claims the default required(especially if you're allowing people to play races that are distinctly NOT-human), I think having the combat system be not overly complex and headachey sounds good, statless and more open in how people can play in the world. I also think opening it up to other races besides JUST the ones you see in FFX could be fun.

Honestly I think all three of your bottom points are strong but could easily be put into play over the course of the RP, it'd give the plot some meat while still allowing it to be mostly member driven in how those plots turn out. They're all open ended.

Anyway that was my spiel, I really adore this idea and would LOVE nothing more than to see it come to fruition, I've been aching for a site like this to play on ;o;
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Face claims: I'm thinking the same, to be honest. Kind of hard using real life face claims when playing, say, a Ronso. xd So, animanga might be the better option for a site like this.

Combat system: I generally prefer little to no combat system myself, and stats/XP/levels can be such a pain, too. I feel like they often take away from the writing?

Races: I think introducing other races than just human, Al Bhed, Ronso and Guado allows for more creative characters. If anything, could always borrow some races from other FF games to sort of... Keep the FF vibe going?

Plots: I love me some good member driven plot. Yas all the way!

But yeah, I think so too: With Sin being staff run, it would be good to give members the chance to affect the world around them in other ways.

AND FFX IS MY FAVORITE FF GAME TOO (aside from maybe VII) and THE WORLD IS GREAT, AND HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL. SPIRA DESERVES SO MUCH LOVE.
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Honestly agree with your points! Also I don't think it would be terribly world breaking to add in at least a few other of the more well known FF races, Spira's a pretty massive world so logically they COULD exist, even if we don't really see them(but yaaaaas Ronsoooos I love them. I also love the idea of playing with the concept of defeating Sin and then bringing a Calm every so often, like that's SO COOL and like every time it happens it'll be different characters and thus different plots? UGH you have me SO DANG HOOKED ALREADY.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
The races that already exist doesn't have a WHOLE lot of background as to why they exist in the world as is, (other than the whole deal with how the Al Bhed was created as humans who could not wield magic, but excelled at using machina), so I agree with you, it wouldn't be very world breaking to add more races. Don't have to crazy with it or anything. There's also a lot of NPC races available who are just... There.

Like the Hypello. Imposhibibble? Anyone?

And yeah, I love the idea, too. And I don't think it's going to be a lot of competition either, personally, because the Eternal Calm likely wouldn't be a thing for a long time, so two characters would have to die, and from experience, people aren't usually too fond of killing off their characters lmao.

Naturally, the event should be frequent enough for more people to be able to participate, but not so frequent it doesn't become a thing to look forward to.

And just like... The summoners being aware that they have to sacrifice themselves and being OK with that, only to meet Yunalesca and be like "...wait, I have to kill one of my friends, too???"

Can't. Wait.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
UPDATES:

Races so far:
- Hume (Humans) (X)
- Al Bhed (X)
- Ronso (X)
- Guado (X)
- Hypello (X)
- Moogles (FF)
- Two original races (one similar to elves, and the other similar to 'half animal/half human')
- Lalafell (XIV)
- Roegadyn (XIV)
- Gria (Tactics)
- Viera (XII)

Classes so far (each with different spells/abilities):
- Summoner
- White mage
- Black mage
- Warrior
- Rogue
- Beastmaster
- Necromancer
- Paladin

Misc:
- The original Blitzball teams. Potential for making new ones.
- One summoner per member.
- Added a requirement for playing a maester (each race has gotten one): have one active character and be an active member for two weeks.
- Unsent are playable.
last edit on Apr 4, 2019 8:13:44 GMT by Deleted
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
I can still do the skin, if you'd like me to! Helps that the hardest parts of it are already done, sdjklfhdjfhs. I don't think I'll be able to lend a hand in actually running the place, but you better bet your buns I'm joining an animanga FFX site. ;o ;o ;o
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.