Suspicious vagrant seeking temporary shelter

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Hello friends!

I remember on one thread or another here the idea was floated around that when people had a lot of time on their hands they might try to join other sites for short runs, maybe for an event or for a short character arc. I said at the time it sounded super cool, and I figured since I'm newly on summer vacation it would be fun to see if I could put into practice at least once.

I want to help move a plot along, but I want a specific role. I find that in the roleplaying world that simply put villains aren't allowed to do anything that people actually dislike. Sure, they might be mean to some people or think mean thoughts or if a site is particularly edgy they might even be responsible for thousands of off screen deaths like they were trying to get a medal for some sort of murderer Olympics. I'm really not interested in edginess for the sake of edginess, but I am interested in giving someone some credibility so here's the deal.

I want to make a hero type. It may change when I see the setting or write the application but right now I'm thinking someone young who is jaded but not enough to be stuck in their ways. A real knight in sour armor type, but they start to come around. They meet some friends who they learn to trust completely and get out of their shell a bit more and regain some of that idealism that they lost. And then you're going to murder them. It'd be ideal if the villain was one of those people who gathered this character's trust, but not really fully necessary if they have the trust of another true companion. The point I want is I want my character to die playing the hero in order to elevate a villain.

I only plan to be on the site for two to three months maximum and that's a hard line. I run my own site and go back to full time graduate school in August, so I will only have time to focus on my own site after that. For the summer, though, I'm a doomed hero for hire and would love some pitches in case anyone was interested in this sort of thing.
pronounsShe/Her
50written posts
JDearned bits
offlinecurrently
JD
JD Avatar
This is the most epic thing I have ever read. I'm PMing you right now <3

If you want out ad though, here it is -

WE HAVE SIX KINGDOMS IN TOTAL! REFRESH TO SEE THE OTHER ADS!

Firstly - we're Aeipathy: an original historical roleplay set in the ancient world. We started out in Greece and have now expanded into Africa! We're mainly a nobility and house politics site but we also encourage members of all different classes and ranks of life - we currently have merchants, crafters, physicians, performers, priestesses, prostitutes, gladiators, servants, slaves and pirates. We also have 20 Royal Houses and 17 Noble Houses in which you can choose a Canon (the royals) or a Wanted (the nobles). We're super open to originals too. So, we're really flexible!

As far as our world goes, we're set in in two different realms (which are based on real ancient empires) which each have three kingdoms (which are fictional versions of real cities or places). In Greece we have: Athenia, Colchis and Taengea, while in Africa we offer: Bedoa, Egypt and Judea. Each kingdom has its own houses, culture, political and military ideals and religious beliefs. Because they're fictional, we're open to tonnes of innovation and exciting ideas so while we have a lot of lore, we're always eager to add to it to bring more people and their characters into our world!

✔ Mature writers
✔ Intermediate +
✔ Super active!
✔ Real-life face claims
✔ Weekly events
✔ Weekly member challenges
✔ Different plot types: Global Plots, Events, Quests, Provincial Stories and Curve Balls
✔ Monthly blow outs for our anniversary
✔ Open, welcoming and super inclusive community
✔ Canons available
✔ Wanteds available
✔ Originals also encouraged
✔ House politics / court intrigue
✔ Build your own House and world
✔ Realm and kingdom expansion in the future
✔ 24 Hour staff team
✔ Super supportive plot development in order to include everyone
✔ People of all walks of life welcome, from slaves to pirates to merchants to royals

If you're interested in seeing more of us, please don't hesitate to come check us out! You can also jump on our Discord and say hi! No pressure to join, no obligations! We're just interested in saying hi and seeing what you're looking for in a roleplay and whether we might me that interest? :D

CHECK OUT OUR TRAILER!

Aeipathy is a literate-advanced historical roleplay established in June 2018.
We offer a diverse and exciting roleplay, based in the ancient world of the
Mediterranean and Mesopotamia, with a political and wartime intrigue flair.
Our world is rich in detail and set to expand across countries and continents,
as our membership grows. We offer a friendly, warm environment with
eager writers and new friends. And we can't wait to meet you!

COME JOIN OUR EMPIRE
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Starting off by unfortunately declining as this level of historical has never captured my muse for very long at all. My interest always putters out at some point very early on because I find myself clinging to fantasy elements in most games. I study a lot of history in real life so find myself treating it more like a history class outside of my general area than a roleplay basically from the get go which leads to near instant burnout.

With that being said, I can honestly say that this site is in the top tier of historical sites along with AeRo and BTM, because holy moly like literally if anyone is reading this and wants an ancient era historical site with some mythological elements thrown in this is the place you should be looking at. Transparency, extremely well done lore, very clever mechanics and new spins on old ideas. 'The Drowned' account in the factions list is the epitome of this, basically removing the ability for people to metagame in intrigue plots which is super neat. The amount of effort and care that went into this project is really staggering, frankly. Just not a compatible genre for me specifically, unfortunately!
last edit on May 11, 2019 7:19:37 GMT by wolfe
pronounsShe/Her
50written posts
JDearned bits
offlinecurrently
JD
JD Avatar
wolfe Avatar
Starting off by unfortunately declining as this level of historical has never captured my muse for very long at all. My interest always putters out at some point very early on because I find myself clinging to fantasy elements in most games. I study a lot of history in real life so find myself treating it more like a history class outside of my general area than a roleplay basically from the get go which leads to near instant burnout.

With that being said, I can honestly say that this site is in the top tier of historical sites along with AeRo and BTM, because holy moly like literally if anyone is reading this and wants an ancient era historical site with some mythological elements thrown in this is the place you should be looking at. Transparency, extremely well done lore, very clever mechanics and new spins on old ideas. 'The Drowned' account in the factions list is the epitome of this, basically removing the ability for people to metagame in intrigue plots which is super neat. The amount of effort and care that went into this project is really staggering, frankly. Just not a compatible genre for me specifically, unfortunately!

Omg - thank you so much for this reply and feedback, Wolfe! <3 <3
I'm sorry we weren't your thing in the end but thank you so much for the positivity! I'll be passing this on to the rest of the staff team - it will make their day! :D - and I really hope you find what you're looking for!!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.