post-apocalyptic zombiesss [am]

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

"I walk through the valley of the shadow of death."

A few of us are working together to bring a post-apocalyptic role play site to life, and we'd love it if you gave this post a like or left us a comment to let us know you're interested. If you'd like to be notified about our soft opening, please comment or send me a private message saying so, and we'll update you when we're ready!

Inspired by The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, and everything in-between.

proposed features/spit-balling
We're still in development and will be accepting feedback during our soft-opening, so this list is subject to change.

1. Jcink. The skin is almost finished. :pikahelp:

2. Laid-back role play. Minimum 100 word count to qualify for rewards from posting. Quality over quantity, yadda yadda.

3. Animanga face-claims. OCs allowed, too!

4. Will not be premium right out the gate but if it gets off its feet, we'll splurge for it.

5. Faction-based; however, your character can decide to go it alone.

6. Settlement development milestones.

7. Encounters with infected and other survivors (the good and the bad).

8. Different types of infected, much like TLOU.

9. Looting/scavenging. Potential to befriend a stray dog or even getaway in a vehicle, if you're lucky.

10. Events, raids, missions, and one-shots that explore the origin of the infection and how other corners of the world are faring. The outcomes of these one-shots can affect the site (e.g. unlock a new area, missions, and type of enemy).

11. No over-arching plot. Instead, there will be a number of different mini-plots and events that have real site consequences.

12. Character stats and/or feats and/or proficiencies. (Whatever we do, don't worry, it'll be simple and you won't have to remember anything off the top of your head. We're not a fan of over-complicated systems and will make sure to streamline ours so you can focus on the important things: role playing and having a good time).

13. Character progression. Characters can gain reputation from participating in events, raids, and completing missions; and learn new proficiencies by completing related threads (up to a max. x proficiencies).

last edit on May 18, 2019 17:46:40 GMT by Deleted
the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
Sounds awesome! I particularly like the stats and progression bits, plus an animanga zombie rp appeals to me a lot. The "one-shots" sound super interesting as well, like little flashbacks.

Sign me up to get notified when the soft opening happens!
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

sorry about the late reply, guys!
i've been tied up with real life.
/sweats

anyway, thanks everyone for liking and commenting.
we're pumped to deliver this rp experience to you guys.
also, those of you who commented will be contacted about our soft opening when it happens!
it means a lot!
; v ;

:
i'm glad you like the one-shot concept!
i hope it'll help keep things fresh/offer something new to members.
(and allow you to play a character you've always wanted to but didn't want to commit to, maybe,
since the one-shots will be just that - a single event with all-new characters and setting.)

:
ahhhh will do!
if there are any ideas you (or phantasm or anyone else, for that matter) would like to share with us,
feel free to comment or pm me about it. or you can wait until the soft opening and give feedback/make suggestions then.
tysm for your interest!

<3

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
thanks everyone for the likes and comments!
we're working hard on the site and can't wait to open it to you all.
i'm in charge of the site skin and for my first skin ever, it's looking pretty snazzy.

anyway, thank the maker for critical role because it's all i've been watching/listening to while i work.

and thank you again for all your patience with this project! we're a small team and we're trying our best not to keep you all waiting for too long. ;;
last edit on May 21, 2019 6:36:44 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

"I walk through the valley of the shadow of death."

We're back with a small update! Also, we're going to look into setting up a public Discord server for the site in the coming days or weeks. Stay tuned!

Laid-back, AU TLOU role-play. (We have decided to use the TLOU universe and, most importantly, its cordyceps brain infection; however, we draw inspiration from all kinds of media, such as The Road or Fear the Walking Dead.)

COMPLETED
Please remember that we're still in development. Systems and features are subject to change based on player feedback.

1. The site skin is 90% complete.

2. The application and claims templates are in the process of being coded.

3. Most of the Guidebook has been written. Completed sections include: the rules, enemy factions, Infected, skills, proficiencies, scavenging 101, and more.

4. We have pre-planned events, missions, one-shots, and challenges.

5. We have come up with a number of awards that players can unlock. Additionally, we're working on custom pixel art for said awards.

6. Player factions are being fleshed out as I type this. Each will have its own base, and a future patch will introduce development options for both.

7. An incomplete list of items and their uses is being written for the Guidebook, which will cover medicine, weapons, and special items (Easter Eggs not included).

During the site's lifetime (which will hopefully be long, since we have things planned for months or even years to come), we will be open to any and all player suggestions, such as new features, changes to existing features, new mini-plots, etc.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE SITE GUIDELINES
In case you were interested...

1. Role-play is rated 2-1-2 until we purchase Jcink's premium service.

2. There is no minimum word count; however, please be mindful of your role-play partner and avoid one-liners. Do not double-post, either.

3. There is no character limit; however, in order to create a new character, all of your current characters must have made at least 25 posts.

4. Animanga or OC face claims only.

5. Activity checks will run every two or three months.

last edit on May 30, 2019 4:07:27 GMT by Deleted