Monster Hunter RP

77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
[attr="class","potluck1"]
[attr="class","potluck2"]Monster Hunter RP
[attr="class","potluck3"]Just wanted to give everyone a heads up of a site I'm working on now. It's as finished as this drawing is right now so there's still quite a bit to work out.
[attr="class","potluck3"]The site will be set in a newly discovered and unfamiliar continent. Here people can explore, discover new lands, fight monsters, and build up communities they see fit. The pace and development of the site will depend on its members along with monthly or bi-monthly events to help introduce new environments and monsters.

Monsters will be taken from the Monster Hunter franchise as well as introducing new creatures. However, any knowledge of the franchise will not be required as each monster will be introduced to the members as new.

There will also be a rank system that grants more experienced characters to take on more challenging quests. In addition, not all quests are exclusive to hunters like in the franchise, as quests relating to research, development, and more will encourage civilians to step up and help shape the site.
[attr="class","potluck3"]Here's a few more features the site will have:
1. Monster tamers/ riders
2. Casual Crafting system (don't want to make members grind quests for item drops)
3. Member made quests
4. Stackable skills and a three level system for skill proficiency
5. Optional hunting styles applicable to all weapons
6. Volunteered moderating with rewards
7. Seasonal quests for seasonal items
8. Laid-back activity requirements with the exception for events and some group quests.

And the most important feature of all.....

caaaaaaats!

[attr="class","potluck3]Do let me know if you got any ideas you'd like to share for it, or any feedback to what I have to far. Also if you're interested in the site and want to help develop it be sure to let me know as I'd love some help. It's so quiet being all by my lonesome self.

[newclass=".potluck1"]border:1px solid #ccc;background:#ededed;width:400px;padding:20px;margin:10px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".potluck2"]border:1px solid #ccc;padding:20px 10px 20px 10px;margin:5px;background:#f8f8f8;font-size:20px;text-transform: uppercase;letter-spacing: 5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".potluck3"]border:1px solid #ccc;font-size:12px;text-align: left;padding:10px;margin:5px;margin-top:10px;background:#f8f8f8[/newclass]
[newclass=".potluck3 img"]width:390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".potluck3 b"]margin-bottom: 5px;font-size: 20px;text-transform:uppercase;font-style: italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
last edit on Jun 6, 2019 11:52:50 GMT by Billz billz billz
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
i don't know the first thing about the monster hunter franchise, but i'm here for it.

if you ever make a discord server for the development team, i'd be happy to join and give my opinion on things if asked. also, i can probably help code templates and whatnot, if that's something you need done (i can give examples via pm). i'm working on another site at the moment, so i can't take too much on right now, but i'm excited to see where this goes and help where I can!

(i say all of this and now i'm like... aight, time to go buy mh:w.)
last edit on Jun 6, 2019 22:21:29 GMT by Deleted
50written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
Idk about skills or stats or ranks and all that jazz, but FUCK YEEEAAAAAAAAARR Monster Hunter. I am down to be a type monkey for you, or instill some dEeP LoRe into the world if you'd want that.

Anyway, hmu if you feel you can need me. Mavroh#1561
last edit on Jun 7, 2019 19:00:53 GMT by mavroh
Monster Hunter RP written Jun 7, 2019 23:35:46 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
I’m so exited! It should be fun and the system should be reletively relazed amd just encourage people to make meaningful posts rather than trying to rush through to grind for points.

Also , I seem to be unable to add you on discord so feel free to add me up if you like along with anyone else [DollarinCash#2545]. I’m more than happy to hear any feedback.

I’ll keep everyone posted for when I make a server to chat about any development as well as hype and premaurely creating characters....cause I already am. >_>
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !
i'm late but YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS ! you got me at monsters & crafting. that's my shit.
please make this animanga fcs only and i'm sold. if there was a scavenging system that'd be rad too like going on wild threads and getting items and such
Monster Hunter RP written Jun 26, 2019 15:13:30 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
Just making a quick post here to let everyone know the site is still a working progress! (And so the thread doesn’t get archived)

I’ll be sure to make my next post a more detailed one with more info on actual content I’ve finalized for the site. And thankfully not much is left for it other than a bunch of rewriting, monster info, graphics, and my favorite part! Coding!!!

I’ll likely set up a server when a major bulk of the info is done and finalized and all that’s really left is to code the skin. (I get very one track-minded so I need to leave that for last). But once the server goes up folk will be able to see the more finalized stuff and even be able to start creating characters as well as give any fredback. (Feedback is def most important orz).

But yeah, def look to seeing that next post with a whole lotta fun info and stuff!!!
Monster Hunter RP written Jul 14, 2019 2:04:27 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
Just another quick shoutout that this site is still not dead and being worked on. I’m a slow site builder plus been hella busy so...yeah orz

Weapon crafting is getting pretty fun, at least for me as all sorts of abilities can pop-up when you toss up random crafting items at the forge. Ecology is coming along well. Even forming entries for future monsters in anticipation. Though knowing me, I’m writing up too much. Working out the first sitewide monster hunt and its design. Monsters will be made playable as their own characters as well as some fun npcs are being writen out which all members are free to rp with. My personal fave is a fellow fyline who lends a big paw in explaining everything and a monsterous campsite guardian which ya’ll will know more of next time.

Aaaaand cooking up a ‘design your own monster’ contest for the site’s opening. It should be an easy going voting type contest with the winning monster becoming canon. But this won’t happen for a while. orz

Oh also as a mild heads up! This site will be designed to be laidback with no required post activity. So while fun events are being run to help develop the site and open new settings, members are not required to participate.
Monster Hunter RP written Jul 24, 2019 2:26:43 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
Ooomph! Life is runing at 150mph right now. Not much has progressed really so I’m going to safely assume the site won’t be completed till mid fall. With this in mind I’m changing up ideas to fit the season. A different boss monster will be designed and folk will start off in a different location so the next location added to the site will also revolve around the wintery season!

I might open up a smaller part of the site early as a testing ground for certain systems to see what stays and what goes. And those that are there for the testing will get to keep all rewards gained in the beta.

Firm regulations have be set for the site. It’ll be “animanga” or more like art based fcs so no rl fcs. Original art will be allowed as long as you are the owner or creator of the design. Folk can also opt out from having a fc if they choose. There will also be casual monthly or bimonthly activity checks with no ic post requirements as well as no word count or character limit and a pretty lax character apps where you can write little or a lot.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.