Wow, That was Me?

pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
TheMysteriousManearned bits
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Currently breaking things.
This doesn't really have to do with my "work", per-say, but it did happen on a rp server.

One time, on this semi-popular discord server, these two guys were having this conversation in the general about some thing they were both reading, (can't recall it right now), and my spidey-sense went off. They had stated that they had conflicting opinions about something that had to do with that topic, (I think it was some ship), and for some reason, even though they were both being civilized about it, and weren't really arguing, something just felt off to me. So told them that they should take the convo to DM's, (mind you, I wasn't staff). Everyone in the channel that saw me say this was confused, and said that there was no reason for them to leave general. But I was like, "I don't know, but you guys should really take your conversation to DM's." And at my continued bugging, they did, and I think they invited like one other person who also happened to read the manga, (but wasn't really saying anything in their convo). I didn't view it as that big of a deal. But then like a week later, one of the owners of the rp DM'd me and told me that she had seen me warn the two guys to take it to DM's, and since I had prevented "the situation" from happening directly on the server, and had been on the server for a good amount of time, she asked me if I wanted to be on the staff. I was like, "What situation???" and learned that they had gotten into a argument over the manga and had dissolved into throwing slurs and unsavory insults at each other. 

I had barely even remembered telling them to take it to DM's, and accepted the role of staff. But it really blew my mind.
last edit on Oct 12, 2020 16:17:44 GMT by TheMysteriousMan
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
haikuwu
aliasCooked Bread
pronounsThey / Him
623written posts
Toastyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Toasty
Part of the Furniture
Toasty Avatar
>w<
Me literally any time I write a backstory for my character. All of my backstories get written in thirty minutes by creative bursts I have, and so when I look back at them with zero thoughts in my head, it's like someone else wrote it even though it was me. :/
pronounsshe/her
187written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Idk I feel when I was in college I had way too much free time to roleplay and… I look back at the plots I finished in my first year and they feel so dramatic and wild they should have taken way longer to complete than they did.

I also had no idea what I was doing. It was all very chaotic and winged.

Highlights include probably burning through no joke like six or seven ill-advised ships before accidentally stumbling on The One True Ship which became an endgame so powerful it outlasted several year-long hiatuses, ascending to a role of power I had absolutely no business having given my newness, using that role to mend a long standing feud between two powerful cliques, sneakily forming a game-changing alliance with as little OOC discussion as possible, and backstabbing a deity who Did Not Take It Well.

It was my first year of roleplay ever and I don’t think anything I’ve done had ever topped it in terms of high stakes drama since.

aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
170written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I feel this way looking at some of my art. It's hard to look at some of my old art but some pieces in particular make me go..YEAH how did I do that? It can sometimes be frustrating to feel like I'm somehow getting worse than my older self but at the same time, it's motivating. I think of it like this: even if I don't feel good about what I'm creating now, maybe a future me will look back and admire it for what it is, so I have no reason to stop doing something I ultimately love.

I think I could go on for a while in this thread mainly due to how awful my memory is. Someone can compliment me on writing in a post and I've forgotten it entirely, even if I recently worked on it. It's an ordeal but at least with RP, I can just read everything all over again and I am luckily a fast reader...if I can wrangle my brain into doing it.
last edit on Jul 24, 2023 20:19:54 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW