Of The month Graphics

pronounsShe/Her
185written posts
❀ Veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
❀ Vee
❀ Vee Avatar
I grew a flower that can’t be bloomed in a dream that can’t come true
sooo as someone who have RP-ed in several sites, I know that Of the Months are a huge trend... And along with that is the culture of using graphics for it... These are usually displayed in the site banner for that month and in the signatures of the members who won them ...

As a newbie Admin, I am wondering how can one acquire a graphic artist for monthly graphics.
Do I have to reach out to them on forums and ask for them to do my site's graphics ?
Do the artists usually do it for free or do the site admins pay for the work done? I know that some people pay for Site skins, but what about these common monthly graphics and event graphics ?

I am unsure of what people do for graphics like these ... Shed some light on it please ...

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask my question, so help me out .. sorry if I did not put this in the right board
FUNK & SOUL

In search of staff for F&S, Please DM me here or on Discord bangtantraash#4741
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
Back when I still did OTMs, as the admin, I would usually do the graphics myself, just because no one else was really around to do it/wanted to do it. :'D

Graphics commissions are a little less likely than skin commissions, and would at least definitely be cheaper just due to the fact that whipping up an image is usually much faster than whipping up a skin (at least for the level of graphical complexity that most people in the community tend to use - Mizo's graphics go HARD, so those might take as long as a more minimalistic skin, I dunno). At the very least, I don't think asking for someone to make graphics for free is that unreasonable, although offering payment would probably make people more interested in taking you up on said offer. Not that I think that's... particularly worth it, especially if all you're looking for is a nice crop.

You could hire a graphics mod either from or for the site you want to do these on - someone who's only job is being in charge of making images. Hosting an ad both on your site and in the staff search board here on P2 could work toward finding a permanent, or at least semi-permanent graphics-maker. Otherwise, if you're not too worried about visual cohesion and don't mind wait times, you can post in the requests board for the images on a month-by-month basis, but the amount of time it takes to get these fluctuate so much that for something that needs to get done on a monthly/timely basis, I probably wouldn't recommend going that particular route. :'D

Absolute worst case scenario, if you've hunted for a graphics mod for a while and still aren't having any luck, just shoot me the image dimensions and the images you want cropped over Discord and I can make you some pretty basic OTM images. o> I like doing tiny things, like icons and avatars, so while they wouldn't be the most mind-boggling images in the world, it'd still be something to tide you over until you find a permanent graphics maker, yeah?
last edit on Jan 30, 2020 16:34:02 GMT by pharaoh leap

pronounsShe/Her
185written posts
❀ Veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
❀ Vee
❀ Vee Avatar
I grew a flower that can’t be bloomed in a dream that can’t come true
pharaoh leap Avatar
Back when I still did OTMs, as the admin, I would usually do the graphics myself, just because no one else was really around to do it/wanted to do it. :'D

Graphics commissions are a little less likely than skin commissions, and would at least definitely be cheaper just due to the fact that whipping up an image is usually much faster than whipping up a skin (at least for the level of graphical complexity that most people in the community tend to use - Mizo's graphics go HARD, so those might take as long as a more minimalistic skin, I dunno). At the very least, I don't think asking for someone to make graphics for free is that unreasonable, although offering payment would probably make people more interested in taking you up on said offer. Not that I think that's... particularly worth it, especially if all you're looking for is a nice crop.

You could hire a graphics mod either from or for the site you want to do these on - someone who's only job is being in charge of making images. Hosting an ad both on your site and in the staff search board here on P2 could work toward finding a permanent, or at least semi-permanent graphics-maker. Otherwise, if you're not too worried about visual cohesion and don't mind wait times, you can post in the requests board for the images on a month-by-month basis, but the amount of time it takes to get these fluctuate so much that for something that needs to get done on a monthly/timely basis, I probably wouldn't recommend going that particular route. :'D

Absolute worst case scenario, if you've hunted for a graphics mod for a while and still aren't having any luck, just shoot me the image dimensions and the images you want cropped over Discord and I can make you some pretty basic OTM images. o> I like doing tiny things, like icons and avatars, so while they wouldn't be the most mind-boggling images in the world, it'd still be something to tide you over until you find a permanent graphics maker, yeah?

I did think the same... paying for just the monthly graphics is difficult for a broke girl like me...

I could try and search for a graphics mod for starters and see how it goes !! I don't have to worry about the monthly otms for at least a month or so since we only just started role-playing. May be if more members flood in I can start it off next month.. I might use the requests forum till i find a graphics mod for the site ...

Thank you soo much for the offer !! I will keep that in mind and approach you if at all I don't find one :)
FUNK & SOUL

In search of staff for F&S, Please DM me here or on Discord bangtantraash#4741
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
honestly, i'm not a fan of otms generally anyway for... many reasons, but. if you really want to have them and you're being lazy about the graphics, i'd honestly just. only do one or two characters and a member, the characters use whatever their small square avatar is for their graphics and the member uses either the same or you contact them privately to ask for an icon.

that way you don't have to worry at all about custom graphics or anything like that and it's instead just changing out coding to link to the relevant account and put the correct name in the tooltip.

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW