aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sth-drag"]
[attr="class","sth-drag-top"]

SYNC/ronicity

a dragon hunting roleplay

[attr="class","sth-drag-bulk"]
[attr="class","sth-drag-slant"]

[attr="class","sth-drag-bulk-1"]

overall premise

2515 AD, in the city of Arcadia, signs of the seventh and final True Dragon's appearance have begun to arise, starting first with the spread of the deadly flower Dragonsbane, then with the unleashing of a High Dragon in the city streets.[break][break]

The only way to defeat this beast and defend the world from certain annihilation is to complete the Dragon Chronicle, an effort to weaken the Dragon on its arrival. Doing so requires specimen from all six True Dragons before it, however - and getting those specimen requires defeating all six True Dragons in battle in present, future, and past. Hop in your time machine and go... or face the total eradication of planet Earth![break][break]

state of affairs

As it stands, the site is practically finished in its setup. We are hosted on Jcink. The remainder of things that need to be done include only touching up site information ( read: beta reading... so much... beta reading... ) and aesthetic creations. At this point, help is not needed to build information so much as to check and maintain it.[break][break]

SYNC/ features a side questing system, as well as semi-regular events and a cast of interactive non-player characters. Keeping track of all these things in a timely manner will be the hardest challenge in keeping a site like this running. As such, the staff team is looking to expand our numbers, and is reaching out to anyone willing to lend a hand![break][break]

looking for staff

While we already have a few staff members, a few more just to cover timezone differences and anything that might fall through the cracks can never hurt. While not limited to the following, these are the roles we are searching for the most:[break][break]

IC MODERATOR Someone to help out with writing as NPCs in their requested threads, as well as moderating side quests and events as necessary. These will be IC posts made either from the perspective of pre-established NPCs or the various monsters hunters are tasked with facing on site. The work load will likely depend on how many people choose to interact with NPCs, so it's hard to say for sure, but it's an important task, no less.
OOC MODERATOR Someone to help with the upkeep of claims, site store transactions, and moderation requests ( ie. thread archival, ooc account sorting, account deletion; anything technical ). No in character posting required, just good ol' basic moderation.
COMMUNITY MODERATOR Someone to help moderate the general chat, but mostly to help organize bi-weekly Community Nights. We want to do something every other week to try to engage the community and get people together, be it playing a game like Jack Box or CAH or streaming a movie with everyone over Discord. Anyone with decent organizational skills ( bonus if you have access to some of the aforementioned things ) will be more than welcome.
CODING MODERATOR Someone to help bolster our pool of available codes. SYNC/ has mandatory templates, but all of our current templates come from one source ( myself, RIP ). Having other coders around to help periodically add more templates to choose from, and from a wider variety of styles would be a godsend.

If you are are interested in any of the above roles, or anything else that may help the site get off the ground, please let me know either by replying to this thread, PMing me here on P2, or reaching me over Discord at Pharaoh Leap#2834. Thank you in advance!

[googlefont=Poppins:200,300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:200,300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.sth-drag]margin:25px 0px;width:550px;background-color:#e8e8e8;color:#222222;text-align:justify; }.sth-drag-top { background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/9tVVNwq/Bag-Thing2.png);background-attachment:fixed;background-position:top center;border-top:solid 10px #222222;border-bottom:solid 10px #222222;padding:100px; }.sth-drag-top div { color:#eeeeee;background-color:rgba(34,34,34,.75);border:solid 3px #eeeeee;text-align:center;padding:32px 0px;font:bold 12px Hind;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:2.4px;text-transform:uppercase; }.sth-drag-top div h1 { font:800 40px Poppins;text-transform:none;line-height:35px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;letter-spacing:0px; }.sth-drag-top div h1 span { font-weight:200!important;background: linear-gradient(to bottom,#d47274,#e3c65d);color: #d47274;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;background-clip: text;-webkit-background-clip: text; }.sth-drag-slant { height:600px;width:250px;background-size:100% 600px;position:absolute;overflow:hidden;transform:skewx(-25deg);margin:-45px 0px 0px 140px;opacity:.05;pointer-events:none; }.sth-drag-slant div { border-left:solid 20px #eeeeee;border-right:solid 20px #eeeeee;width:70px;margin:0px 70px;height:600px;position:relative;z-index:2;pointer-events:none; }.sth-drag-slant h1 { position:absolute;margin:0px -150px!important;height:600px;width:600px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/cTgvQDd/Dots.png);transform:skewx(25deg); }.sth-drag-slant h2 { position:absolute;margin:0px!important;height:600px;width:250px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(237,237,237,0),rgba(237,237,237,.5),#eeeeee,#eeeeee);z-index:1; }.sth-drag-bulk { padding:45px;font:13px Hind;line-height:17px;border-bottom:solid 10px #222222;position:relative;overflow:hidden; }.sth-drag-bulk-1 { position:relative;z-index:1; }.sth-drag-bulk h1 { font:800 30px Poppins;line-height:25px;margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }.sth-drag-bulk h1 b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right,#d47274,#e3c65d);color: #d47274;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;background-clip: text;-webkit-background-clip: text; }.sth-drag-bulk span { display:block;margin-bottom:20px;padding-left:55px; }.sth-drag-bulk span::before { content:'!';display:block;float:left;border:solid 3px #dddddd;height:29px;width:29px;margin-left:-55px;text-align:center;font:bold 15px Hind;line-height:32px;background: linear-gradient(to bottom,#d47274,#e3c65d);color: #d47274;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;background-clip: text;-webkit-background-clip: text;[/newclass]
last edit on Jan 31, 2020 6:20:12 GMT by pharaoh leap

frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
DANG, OKAY, Y'ALL WORK FAST. Tentatively closing this up from the actual staff search, since... wow, y'all are godsends. I figure much more than two people working a single job is probably a little too claustrophobic, so unless a spot opens up, consider this search finished.

The site proper is due to open fairly soon, I'd hope? In the meanwhile, prospective members, please enjoy this vague aesthetic progress shot, and I hope to see you there! <3

3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.