write a reply

Coding Confessions

370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
siel Avatar
love googling around for a fix to my problem and stumbling on a github issue with angry comments spanning several YEARS lmao. (there was no clear answer in the end but it was entertaining at least)
thanks, this issue was hilarious. i love further down, there's even a merge from microsoft to to fix an icon in azure data studio. fwiw removing the viewbox attribute absolutely breaks the scaling behavior of an SVG and this maintainer is a ding-dong.
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
221written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
elli Avatar
siel Avatar
love googling around for a fix to my problem and stumbling on a github issue with angry comments spanning several YEARS lmao. (there was no clear answer in the end but it was entertaining at least)
thanks, this issue was hilarious. i love further down, there's even a merge from microsoft to to fix an icon in azure data studio. fwiw removing the viewbox attribute absolutely breaks the scaling behavior of an SVG and this maintainer is a ding-dong.
lol i didn't even see that! thank you, i ended up adding the viewbox back - i haven't worked with inline SVGs much so i was confused trying to figure out which properties matter. it's annoying how earnest questions get answered with disingenuous semantics SO often in coding forums... easily my least favorite thing about the culture
221written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
just spent a whole hour adjusting this gradient CSS bc in firefox it looks like a rainbow skid mark vs chrome/safari it looks subtle and chic ughhh firefox why are you so special why do you expect SO MUCH of me

if anyone here is an expert with SVGs lmk cause i was trying to use a gradient SVG instead but it looked even worse 🥶
the chalk prince
aliaslua
pronounsthey / them
974written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
when you know how to do something, know it is within your skillset but you just... can't bring yourself to do it. like you can't even mentally prepare yourself to do it. you just can't.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
remember when we used to have mp3s in mini profiles? can we make that a possibility again? that was such a fun time. i know that it was mostly an rl community trend but it was such a fun lil touch (when it worked anyway) to a profile and it was just *chef kiss*
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
citrinitas Avatar
when you know how to do something, know it is within your skillset but you just... can't bring yourself to do it. like you can't even mentally prepare yourself to do it. you just can't.

haha. hhha... *sobbing*

and it's getting worse as i get older
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
aliaspriestess shizuka
pronounsshe/her
76written posts
shizukaearned bits
offlinecurrently
shizuka
shizuka Avatar
wild how people can throw others away like yesterday's garbage!

the other day, i was trying to format an Idea (ttrpg character sheet) and, indesign-less as i was, began going back and forth between google docs and spreadsheets trying to figure out which would be easiest to design/format a page with, before remembering that i could totally do all this on any spare old proboards site of mine with only the built in div css style codes <:

except upon opening a blank new post, i realized i've forgotten everything i used to know and can't even code a basic table anymore. how weak i've become...!! *clenches fist*

(in the end i've been using excel for this endeavor by turning all the tiles into tiny squares because i'm insane.)

aliasVii
pronounsShe/her
265written posts
viiearned bits
offlinecurrently
vii
vii Avatar
Just made the switch from MyBB to Jcink, and I will say that oh goodness, how codes react differently on different softwares is amazing. I had to re-learn to code on Jcink, but I'm now exploring the wonders of flexbox.

Why haven't I switched to flexbox sooner, is now the question?

Now on jcink!
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i'm trying 's approach to a color palette, which is fuck you it's blue and i don't think i've ever used this much color in my life and it's still............mostly just navy and gray LMAO
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,821written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
profit of doom Avatar
i'm trying 's approach to a color palette, which is fuck you it's blue and i don't think i've ever used this much color in my life and it's still............mostly just navy and gray LMAO

ONLY APPROPRIATE COLOR IS BLUE.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW