Give a detective a new case to crack

176written posts
zeroearned bits
offlinecurrently
zero
zero Avatar
I've just finished up a long running one-on-one and am now looking for a new home for my character, Terrance Dewitt! I've played him for about five years, and am very keen to keep playing him in a new home.

He is a 42 years old police officer with a strong sense of justice, a righteous person with a desire to do good by people. He’s stubborn, inflexible when it comes to justice, prone to drinking and destructive habits when it goes wrong, but ultimately a kind, good person struggling to to be right and fair within a system that is not.

I’d really like to rp him in a site where certain groups of people (be it species, powered versus non-powered etc) are discriminated against, as a key plot I want to explore with him is the choice between what is legal and what is right, especially in the context of prejudiced or corrupted regimes. He is a character that cares strongly about the law, and believes it is important to be followed, but I’d like that belief to be challenged.

His current FC is Kotetsu Kaburagi. I'd really like to keep it if possible, so if this is already taken, I probably won’t be interested (though if you recommend a good alt, I might change my mind xD).

In terms of the site, active and friendly would be brilliant! I'm keen to have some more dramatic plots with him, so uncovering a major crime, pulled into police corruption, that sort of thing. 

Willing to check out anything that might fit!
pronounsshe/her
71written posts
matchaearned bits
offlinecurrently
matcha
matcha Avatar
i wanted to write you into the stars.
I have for you, Hereafter, and with it, I will go through your requests like they're check marks!!! Aha, it's pretty new, and I like it a ton, and it sounds like your oc would definitely be able to slide in and you'd have some rocking good fun?

Certain groups of people discriminated against - Check. Hereafter is set soon after the Asian industrial revolution, in a place called Shangrila. Who's discriminated against? Shamans and Ayakashi, one believing in spirits and the other the spirits themselves. The Imperial Army isn't bad - They're bringing Shangrila into a new age, but propoganda is passing and most people that are normal civilians/Imperial army members believe it, because Ayakashi are just a bedtime story and they aren't real, you know? But like. They are. It's wild, and it's fun because I'm a sucker for these kind of vibes of fairy tale. And it's... bow tied with politics and stuff, aha.

Active and friendly - Check! The staff are so friendly and I really like their attitudes, and the members are all friendly, and - I really like the community, so let me drag you here too!!

Dramatic plots - Check! The staff is super good with pulling people into site plots, which I really appreciate so! I think you'd like it as much as I am? Give it a try!
203written posts
Khaeearned bits
offlinecurrently
Khae
Khae Avatar
I actually have two offers that you could perhaps look into if you so wish. The first one has been open for about two months and is looking for new members. It takes place in Tokyo in the year of 2025 where powers among some people have come to light only ten years prior to the setting of the site's plot. There is definitely a rift between people and two government agencies have emerged. One is to keep the peace and is somewhat like special ops so to speak and the other is to change turned in people who have not registered their powers or were deemed dangerous into Totsuzen, or experiments so to speak in order to be turned over to law enforcement to help them out at the moment.

There are several groups at play here in Remnants of Fate. The more major ones that can be known to get into some skirmishes are S.P.E.A.R. Division and the Remnants though there are also the Yakuza who have been known to do their own thing with either group. There are even people who are just out for themselves such as business people and singers for example.

As for plots there can be plenty going on between the characters on the site however the major one is more about a war that is brewing between the Remnants and those who work in the facilities that are meant to hold prisoners and change said prisoners into Totsuzen as well as S.P.E.A.R. agents.

Your current FC has not been taken so you can definitely use him on Remnants of Fate. There are also different species available to play as well.

The other site is known as The Duality of Man and it has two major groups that are at odds with each other but also smaller groups as well. This site is also rather active and has plenty of species to choose from as well. There are plenty of dramatic plots to be found here between other characters. Both sites are quite friendly as well and do take animanga FCs, as for this site here your FC has not been taken yet either.
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
If this is still open, I can perhaps suggest Light Rain, I advertise it as either a spooky slice-of-life RP or a haunted small town RP. The RP takes place in a fictional city named Yamashiro that's surrounded by woods and mountains, the forest is however haunted. In a nutshell, it's a slice-of-life RP with horror and paranormal elements.

The main reason why I'm throwing this out there is that the site has a police department as a separate usergroup. The police department is primarily responsible for investigating the city's paranormal nature (which usually includes mysterious disappearances and murders). They're certainly a very plot-able bunch, I'd say! I have a detective character myself there.

I'm not sure if this is exactly your cup of tea, but I just thought about mentioning it. I can answer additional questions if needed c:

I hope you'll soon find what you're looking for! ^-^

3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.