Arknights inspired

14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
*gamer voice* ARKNIGHTS.

No but all their ... weird, advertisement aside the setting of Arknights is actually close to one I've been wanting to set a site in for a while, it just adds, well, catgirls I guess. As a basic overview: Arknights is set in a futuristic alternate world where Catastrophes, the common name of a collection of devastating natural disasters of unheard of destructive power, have completely changed the way the world functions. Cities now move, massive crawling islands across the countryside, constantly orbiting their territories to avoid these storms of devastation. And in the wake of these storms perhaps the most curious of artifacts is left behind: Originium, a semi-transparent black crystal charged with power and combustible energy. Originium has changed both warfare and power sources, being a source of both the ammunition used in guns, making firearms very rare, something that a user can draw magical energy from to increase their arts power, and even harnessing its combustible energy for small combustion engines akin to nuclear reactors. Perhaps the most important thing is increased exposure to Originium can result in Oripathy, a disease where the material actually grows in or on a person, currently resulting in a 100% mortality rate. Individuals with Oripathy are often segregated and discriminated against due to this. Also there's like, 26 different races from catgirls to bunny girls to literal angels with halos and demons with horns, so like, there's something for everyone.

Now I'm thinking of taking the setting and the basic groups and creating a original storyline more focused on finding a cure for the disease, stopping the uprising of a rouge group known as Reunion, and general shenanigans, removing the established characters in the mobile game and the story within, since it follows a single character.

So members would make either civilians or Operators, aka members of various defense or research groups ranging from Rhine Labs intent on studying Originium, sometimes in deep black-lab unethical research facilities, or Rhodes Island, who aim to provide a safe haven for the infected and eventually cure Oripathy. There's also Penguin Logistics, a company known both for their information brokers and their delivery agents, able to deliver anything and everything across any terrain or battlefield. And several others, all with their own goals and directives. It would be very character-driven with site events pushing forward those user created plot points and introducing new ones.

I haven't gotten much past basic set up done, it's been more of a pet project the last month or so, but I'm sort of at the point where I  would like to see if there's enough interest to make it viable. It'll be on jcink and animanga FCs.
14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
Y'all out here thirsty for some disenfranchised catgirls (I mean, same tbh)

I'm working with a coder at the moment to purchase a skin for the site, not exclusive but enough to set the site apart from most, and working on filling in some basic lore/info posts. I'll know more about application style once the skin is installed since I believe it comes with some custom codes for that and I don't want to overwrite too much. Once that's done thought I'll maybe start looking for some staff if anyone is interested??? (I'll start looking more seriously once I can get all the base info and site aesthetics down.

But since I got so many of you liking the concept!!! What are y'alls thoughts on the races of Ancients? I think there's 26 named races in the game at present and some of them are literally for one character total, looking at you Courier, so I'm thinking of maybe condensing some of those. Like Pero and Lupo, just keeping Lupo as a catch all for canines instead of one for dogs and one for wolves, etc. Thoughts? 
pronounsshe/her
114written posts
Crownauticearned bits
offlinecurrently
Crownautic
Crownautic Avatar
swinging swinging in this world dyed in so many colours ~ ♪
I honestly like that idea tbh. So far you can condense so many of the races to one like Saber-- I mean Seige -- or the three lists of dragons... Drake, Lung, and Vouivre because of course we gonna be out here. For the most part keep it simple, it should be more aesthetics/flavourful. So I wholeheartedly agree with you on that!

You will have to pry the owls from my cold dead hands as I'm in love with all of them and want more love for them. Until I get some cool crows or ravens, the owls will have to do.
14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
Yeah the dragons are an easy condense. Also the horses/hooves creatures can probably get condensed as well since I think they're broken into like 4 categories if you include Courier. The artist I got with just got the codes to me yesterday and I'm finishing up putting everything in and making some font/color changes then I should be able to show a bit of what it looks like. Was waiting for that since it comes with matching templates.

EDIT: Didn't want to double post myself but I wanted to include an image preview of the site skin. Pretty pleased with it, purchased from Lux over on tumblr and edited to have a color scheme that more matched to the gold/red UI that arknights has for most of it. (teal didn't really pull too well with graphics). Still working on a name and filling in all the templates with info, making a placeholder discord server, etc.

last edit on Mar 3, 2020 1:08:11 GMT by limeaide
Arknights inspired written Mar 3, 2020 13:39:49 GMT via mobile
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
aah, it is pretty. i agree with crow on having certain races under the same category. i believe it would make things easier 4 the staff team to categorized each of the operator's species. i'm looking 4ward for the complete site.

edit: if u need any helping hand, i'm more than happy to lend one :3
last edit on Mar 3, 2020 13:41:10 GMT by Empress Yuki
14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
I'll definitely keep you in mind! Just started my weekend so I'm hoping to make progress on getting the basic info filled in. Need to decide if I'm going to commission or just code a shipper app myself, since it can be really simple. The nice thing is the main profile doubles as a traditional app.
14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
I hate to double post so soon, but I am curious as to some thoughts from the people that've shown some interest: Currently I have characters split into Operators or Civillians, with those Operators split into 7 factions (or member groups) to sort of keep track of where everyone is. So the member groups would be as follows:

• Civillian
  • Rhodes Island
  • Rhine Labs
  • Kazimierz Knights (including outliers like Platinum)
  • Penguin Logistics
  • Kjerag Trade Co. (Silver Ash's company, houses Ops from the country of the same name)
  • Lungmen Guard Dept
  • Unknown, housing smaller groups like the Glasgow Gang, those from Abyssal, the Followers, etc. Small groups that in game have maybe one to 4 units and no real ties to any single city-state or major group (like PL)

It seems like "a lot", but then again older sites I've run have tended to average like "bad guy, good guy, civilian" so this may be me just not used to having a setting with so many groups that need to be separated so users can see at a glance where the character density is. I'm currently undecided on if we'd have Reunion members, but I'm thinking that they'd fall into the Unknown category if we did.

QUICK EDIT: If you're interested in helping out, not exactly staff so no commitment needed, you can PM me for the discord link!

last edit on Mar 5, 2020 19:38:30 GMT by limeaide
14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
Few more days and a few more updates!

Basic rules and guidelines, races, and the site itself are all up and coded. (Used a premade code for the member directory) and I'm currently working on coding a simple shipper app.

The bulk of a traditional app is actually in the main profile section of the site! Which is neat! I have some basic story points laid out and the member groups are made, I just need to write up some blurbs for that section. But we're chugging along. Once I get the basics all complete I'll be launching a staff search since I work 40+ hours on grave shift I'll need some helping hands for stuff like accepting profiles and basic moderating/advertisements. If all work goes as planned I'm hoping to have it complete and ready for a launch around the 18th to 20th, since I'll be on a vacation! Gives me time to devote to an opening and initial influx of members.
14written posts
limeaideearned bits
offlinecurrently
limeaide
limeaide Avatar
My extended vacation officially begins! I'll be launching a staff search soon and writing up the last few things, like settings and a few claims threads. I'll edit in a link to the staff search when it's up! Hopefully all y'all can join soon! I'm excited to get things going!

Currently complete:
  • Basic rules and plot/premise for launch (plans for story events upcoming)
  • Member groups made and all RP sections made
  • FC / Member Directory / Job Claim is complete
  • Shipper app complete and main-profile app is complete for a 2-part app process
  • Ad banner made
  • Discord made and roles made / categories made (Need to look into bots)

Working on it:
  • Finishing up placeholders for Mod Topics
  • Staff search incoming to get some mods to assist (will still open as a solo admin if needed)
  • Need to finish Member Group descriptions
  • Working on a Settings topic to explain the main locations.

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.