all hail Garfield and the Holy Lasagna
pronounsshe/her
403written posts
dijit.exeearned bits
offlinecurrently
dijit.exe
dijit.exe Avatar
no talk me angy

alright, so, with the amount of positive feedback I've received from my post here (I'm talking like, getting @'d and getting 11/12 dms), I wanted to make a serious interest check thread here on pixel perfect to see what people think of this rp idea. Saying "oh that's cool" to a tl;dr is one thing, but to see the breakdown is an entirely different thing. And without saying, this forum rp plot/idea isnt what you're use to.

In a world where mutants horrifically exist in spandex, robot have head crushing thighs, and superpowers are a very normal thing (especially amongst hot ladies), WHACK! Is a non-canon one punch man rp set in the united states of america in 20XX. After the 45th president (President Toupe) of the united states was assassinated by Wyvern, a rank s villain originally from Japan, the rates of crime dramatically increased. With the USA's patriotism being threatened, along with an incapable president manning the wheel, capitalists who wish to preserve the nation's economic status create the USHA, or the United States Hero Association, and put out a decree for citizens to become heroes, and to put their lives on the line in exchange for a paying wage and popularity equivalent to celebrities, should you live that long.

WHACK! Will be a new type of illustrated RP site, mixed with loose faction combat, player-driven plot arcs, and a new system i've brained birthed called fatality, or no consent killing. So of course you can plot for it. But sometimes you might find your character getting offed! Outside of staff moderating the character application process, and maybe hopping into threads to stir up some shit, By no means is this suppose to be a rigorous and serious role play. However, players should be cautious of whom they pick a fight with, as the world of WHACK! can be cutthroat in the name of justice (or power!).

Like the canon universe of one punch, both the villains and heroes have a class system that they must work up on. With the exception of some staff characters whom supposedly "overrule" the higher tier heroes, everyone starts out as a rank c hero, or villain. And from there, it's a climb for clout, as your pit yourself against other writers in exchange for points to redeem to climb the ranks! Of course, simply beating your enemy to a pulp can give you points, but pulling stunts such as saving a lady's cat from a tree, or busting your buddy out of jail can also earn you points.

Players will also have the option to create plot-events known as threat scenarios, which are combat oriented threads that can earn you a TON of points when completed. However, you place yourself in danger! As you never know what hero, or villain, is going to try and stop you!

WHACK!'s power system is also unique, as no hero or villain will have the same abilities. Character creation is loose, as we seriously want players to kill each other. that's it. that's the plot hook.

overall this is all I can really think to add. My main goal for making this thread is to see what people think, and see what sort of systems players would want (if I ever made this shit storm). I'd also like to see some criticism.

oh, and if you want to really see this somehow come to exist... /shrug maybe with some help it'll happen.

UPDATE (May 4th, 2020) // okay, I keep getting dms, as interest seems to be high. but PLEASE send your feedback/criticism onto this thread. I want to keep thoughts/ideas in one place, so I can categorize them.

along with this, I have started to seriously consider this site. However, I cannot do this alone. I might make a discord, and start to draft together the what/how/why. I also have no clue how to get a site together, as I intend to use jcink (im bad with proboards). So.. If anyone wants to help this experiment project I'm all ears.

last edit on May 4, 2020 19:04:47 GMT by dijit.exe
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.