how do you convert your codes

pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
because im hoping someone has an easy button to editing their templates for use on proboards 

as the title says!
personally, i find it a lot easier to code templates into codepen and since proboards syntax is much different from regular html/css, how do you convert your code? do you painstakingly go through it, or do you have faster methods?

personally, I use a find and replace tool to do as much of the work for me as possible (switching brackets, turning periods into [newclass=., etc) but beyond that, I still find the process incredibly tedious. 
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,361written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

i do the same as you -- find and replace tool is my best friend. i do remember someone making a script for quick conversions though, let me see if i can find it...

mmm no i can't find it, but i only looked for like a total of 3 minutes. i'm pretty sure it was posted on wicked :thinking emoji:
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ulla Avatar

i do the same as you -- find and replace tool is my best friend. i do remember someone making a script for quick conversions though, let me see if i can find it...

mmm no i can't find it, but i only looked for like a total of 3 minutes. i'm pretty sure it was posted on wicked :thinking emoji:

I think you were looking for this? wicked-wonderland.boards.net/thread/3664/code-converter I hope it helps!
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
Word of caution: That doesn't always work, so make sure to have a backup plan, dfkjsdhlfksdh.

I just use Open Office to find + replace all the stuff. Most of my stuff, I can actually convert in just, like, seven replacements, so it only takes a minute or two to convert the whole thing over. I did also, like... convert over near all fifty of my ShiBiCoMo codes, though... rapid fire style... so maybe that speed's just from repetition...

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Word -> ctrl f ">" or "]" etc., replace them.
Then I just go in convert the css by hand, usually in word or notepad++. I think the newclass .newclass changes are the most tedious...
Just make sure you don't replace " in word or open office because it will show up as an "unknown character" and break the code.
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.