write a reply

2 people on sidewalk opposite direction..

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar

TLTR;; Basically What do you think when you're on a sidewalk and another person going opposite direction of you, never think about it? Or Overly think about it?

About a week ago my boyfriend told me a story about this Main Character who walked on a side-walk opposite direction of this other guy walking same side-walk. These two fellows walk the same route every morning and criss-cross every single morning, well the Main Character always thought to himself about how he should side-step because he isn't "Worthy" of the other one coming toward him, since he wore poorer clothing and was of lowerclass, that he should 'step-up' in order to be the One Who didn't have to side-step.

Clearly the most simplest answer would be for both men to walk around each other the same way. Hell Even say "Good Morning, Fabulous wonderful Smelling Grass we have this Morning Dew" However he kept side-stepping and stopping to let this 1 guy pass him every single morning, all because he was wearing the lesser not fancy suite clothing.

The Teacher of my bf's English Class asked the Students what they thought about this scenario, and the Main Character. The class answered before he could get the courage to answer, they all called the Main Character Crazy. The class ended with "Yep" The Main Character was Insane, and just wasn't right in the head. He wanted to claim the main character had a point about the clothing, I actually forgot his side of the story ;p I'm bad that way.

Main reason I'm posting this today, is when he told me his side of the story, I responded in a similar manner that he did. I didn't think the Guy Was Crazy, if it was me in that position I'd probably think something similar.. Or believe the Guy across from me was Playing a Game of Chicken.. And Whoever moved first was the loser, the lesser of the two. Or rather if you place a twist on it, the one who moved was the More modest and Understandable of the two, if it was a game of chicken.

So bringing forth today, What Do You think Whenever Somebody is across from you, and both heading opposite direction? Clearly nowdays we're too busy Playing Pokemon Go to even think of this type scenario, or hell.. replying to a text.  don't text and walk its dangerous Higher Increase Chance walking into one another, and cussing one another out.

Side Note: Anyone recalls this story, can you tell me the Novel? My BF was upset he lost the paper that said what the novel was, he always wanted to know what happened with that Main Character.

------> Also Asking because a LOT of us are Writers/Creators... and I'm willing to place money down on average a lot of you are going to have an actual response versus "Yep he's crazy" Or I'm insane and have too much faith in creative-types.

last edit on Aug 3, 2020 21:28:11 GMT by Ginger
pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
TheMysteriousManearned bits
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Currently breaking things.
I've got enough worries in my own life to give a crud about a rando on the sidewalk, so no, I don't think about my fellow walker much. Also, I'd like to hear the argument that the mc is insane more then you boyfriends argument that he's not, because from what you write, him being crazy makes 0 sense.

If I was in the main characters position, I would just keep walking without moving. If the dapper man moves, I'm the alpha and he's a beta. If we run into each other, than whoever falls over is the beta. If neither falls over, we would both be alpha's, and thus respect each other and keep walking.
last edit on Nov 16, 2020 14:07:56 GMT by TheMysteriousMan
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW