Ultraspace Pokemon RP + Recruiting + ???

pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
Hello o/

Since the Ultraspace pokemon rp I mentioned in the 'quick interest checks' topic seemed to pick up quite a bit of traction, I did some more thinking and decided to do a writeup of goals, expectations, etc. for the potential site.

This thread also doubles as a recruiting I guess? The main idea, is that everyone who signs up for this knows what they're getting into to prevent miscommunication further down the line. 

Thank you~

1) This will be a medium-high WC site, with several types of topics. Since this is story progression based, a character will be permitted one 'Progression Topic', which yields the most rewards when written well and must follow a linear path across the map. Gym challenges and other plots of similar magnitude must be progression topics. In addition to this, they're also allowed an undisclosed (because i havent decided yet :woozy:) amount of side story topics? these can be anywhere, utilize liquid time, and are designed to encourage social rp, but i'm thinking of maybe putting limits on captures or smth in these threads so people don't just go to all the super hard to reach locations and catch some Batshit Rare Mons(tm) without doing any of the work to get there.

2) I'm thinking that apps double as stat pages. Once approved, they are locked and moved, and with every completed topic you make like, an edit request in a specific topic and assign EXP, items, etc appropriately. I want the stats to closely match the games, buuut :woozy: it'll require some more Thinkin

3) Lots of worldbuilding, and little if any locations from the 'canon' pokeverse. I'm thinking there's a primary 'hub' dimension in ultraspace, something of a city/town where most people live, where you can access artificially opened Ultra Wormholes to go to one of a few different dimensions. Maybe more open up as more people join/activity picks up? Each dimension has at least ONE town/checkpoint/etc, and a few wild locations that have different pokemon each.

4) If you want, you can submit a request for an RNG encounter in a given thread. An RNG encounter i'm thinking like, includes either a trainer/wild battle, an obstacle (i.e. a bad storm, fallen trees), and a randomized item. How you deal with it is up to you, but it is the primary method to capture pokemon nd gain exp. Maybe there can be different levels of difficulty as well? like, Normal encounter, Hard encounter, etc etc. You can put in specific requests for what you want (i.e., i'd prefer this be a trainer rather than a pokemon), but there's no guarantee to anything other than 'you may not get it'.

5) I'm thinking of using proboards
since its the only thing i know how to do. Complicated skins make my eyes hurt, but :woozy:
I can also draw, so if a custom banner is needed i can prob do that. 

If you're interested, post below i suppose, with any relevant skills that you think you'd bring to the table. Not to sound ungrateful; I've just worked on projects before where one-two people do 90% of the work and it's made me a little cautious. 

If I get enough lads, I'll open up a discord or something~
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
Question. [**Holds microphone up**
1. What plot or story will you use to explains these Ultra Wormholes?
1.5. How different are these worholes?
1.6. Since you plan to add them later will you be having Members Unlocking them? Or place them in a monthly-bimonthly voting? what's your plan here?

2. How common are they? It sounds like everyone just uses them each day, so is it a technology item or skill?
3. How do you plan to handle Gijinkas, Legendaries, and Pokemorphs?
4. Will there be any kind of Teams? Affiliations?

I wrote this differently and I think I forgot a question.. but my laptop went whacky and began opening source code etc.... and deleting things. Also sorry if it seems pressuring or rude or anything. I'm just an overall a curious wort.
pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
Ginger Avatar
Question. [**Holds microphone up**
1. What plot or story will you use to explains these Ultra Wormholes?
1.5. How different are these worholes?
1.6. Since you plan to add them later will you be having Members Unlocking them? Or place them in a monthly-bimonthly voting? what's your plan here?

2. How common are they? It sounds like everyone just uses them each day, so is it a technology item or skill?
3. How do you plan to handle Gijinkas, Legendaries, and Pokemorphs?
4. Will there be any kind of Teams? Affiliations?

I wrote this differently and I think I forgot a question.. but my laptop went whacky and began opening source code etc.... and deleting things. Also sorry if it seems pressuring or rude or anything. I'm just an overall a curious wort.

Ah, thank you for your response! I'm glad you asked these questions~

1. I have a few notes- nothing as full blown as a lore document yet, but the general summary is an altercation between Palkia and Necrozma. As a result, wormholes now appear under the weather forecast right next to downpours, wind speed, etc. tl;dr #blamepalkia
    1.5) I am not sure I understand? Can you elaborate a bit on this question?
    1.6) There starts off with a few, but I was thinking more would be added in accordance with a couple factors: firstly, what environments or pokemon are underrepresented in the current setting, secondly, what does everyone seem to be most excited about, and thirdly, if there are any IC plots or shenanigans that encourage those specific locations in an organic way. 

2. They are extremely common! However, they are regarded as dangerous, so generally you'll need a license to explore the ones not publicly sanctioned. The opening of wormholes is extremely expensive and time consuming (think building a rocket ship), so it's something that tends to be regulated by the government and taxed per use, with very very VERY strict limitations on who's allowed to know what information and formulas on the specifics. Generally, the only people you'll see use them are licensed trainers who have a sponsorship to explore ultra dimensions, etc. 

3. No gijinkas or pokemorphs. Legendaries can be encountered, but are generally regarded as pretty eldritch in lore (see: palkia and necrozma) so catching them is likely not going to be a thing. Ultra beasts, on the other hand...

4. I'd love there to be different teams and affiliations, but such a thing I feel would be best developed as I get more things squared away in terms of mechanics and solid lore.

last edit on Aug 22, 2020 6:39:11 GMT by styrofoam eater
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.