aliaslance
pronounshe/him
65written posts
lancelotearned bits
offlinecurrently
lancelot
lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
ooc: hello! i’m recruiting so if you guys want to hop on just say so uwu i have these ideas i want to polish more so feel free to ask if there’s anything vague ^^

“rebirth” is a modern, non-canon, faction-based roleplay inspired by the animanga magi. it follows the story of characters in a power struggle to save humanity from the brink of chaos. with magis suddenly disappearing, al thamen wins the power over civilization, and disorder and chaos as we know them ravages the modern-day streets in an attempt to end the world with il ilah’s coming. but without the magi’s existence, the quest of dark magicians seem impossible. even the rebellion led by solomon’s disciples is at the edge of disbandment. not until a dungeon appears.

1. MODERN TECHNOLOGY. cities are reliant on their technological advancement more than their ability to use magoi. since magis disappear into the modern epoch, so as the teachings that help humans understand the rukh’s power. but a few still does.
2. CLASS-BASED SYSTEM. this roleplay will utilize class-based system to easily categorize a character’s fighting style, weapons, and abilities. abilities are their own system (which i will tackle later) and players are free to conceptualize their own. characters can only have one class but has the opportunity to claim premium and exclusive ones through events (sort of an upgrade)
3. MAGOI ABILITIES. abilities differ for each class. some of them are distinguished in the way they are activated or their effects when they are used. players can customize their own abilities under the guidance of staff (to ensure they’re not godmodding or whatsoever).
4. DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. dungeons are vital canon in the magi series—they grant conquerers djinns which give them incredible magic. dungeons also play an important role in the site plot and will be granted to players as site boons. dragons (particularly origin dragons from alma torran) play a similar role as dungeons, but for magic-inclined classes (eg magician, scholar). we’ll try to balance their distribution so it will not be lopsided for both sides.
5. AL THAMEN VS CHURCH. while other canons are missing, we’ll surely won’t miss al thamen. they, and the church of solomon, are two grueling factions in rebirth. conflicting ideologies, contrasting goals—they exist to make it difficult for the other to achieve their goals. although this won’t always be the case. as rebirth deals with darker roleplay themes like war, terrorism, death, there will still be times where it hinges on friendly competition or even trying to work together. afterall, people’s affiliations are not always obvious ic.
6. GLOBAL SUPERPOWERS. while this will be a worldwide setting, reim and kou are the central hubs of rebirth roleplay. reim itself is divided into three countries and kou into five federal states. ic, they are competing economically and politically to top the other.

if you’re interested, i suppose you may post below! it’s also nice if you know anything about coding or sumn (since i forgot everything i learned on hs KSKSSHJDH but i can do some relatively below-average modifications and stuff, if only i get my laptop fixed). i’ll try to respond as soon as i can, or you may hit me on discord at lancelot#7765 <3
last edit on Sept 2, 2020 15:39:39 GMT by lancelot
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
a modern day magi rp? that sounds really unique and interesting! i’m unsure if my current activity can really do a site rn, but i’d love to see something anyway.
aliaslance
pronounshe/him
65written posts
lancelotearned bits
offlinecurrently
lancelot
lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
ooc: hello uwu thank you all for your positive response! i hope i can put up the site as soon as possible (i actually have put it cause i'm so excited too sksnshsks but i'm having a hard time fixing it because i'm only able to work with phone right now plus there's a lot of things that need particular attention) anw, here are some of the updates on the concept i'm recently working on.

MODERN TECHNOLOGY

technological advancement includes weapons and other techs. characters won't have to depend on swords or staff anymore as they have guns and hand cannons already (although players may choose so if it aligns with their character's aesthetic).

CLASS-BASED SYSTEM

adopting the basic rpg tropes, there will be four basic classes characters can choose from: warrior (soldier), rogue (assassin), magician (esper), and scholar (researcher). each class is distinguished by their battle style, choice of weapons, battle perks, and magoi abilities.

warriors rely on physical strength while magicians depend on magic. rogues and scholars can be physically/magically-dependent, but the former banks on their stealth while the other relies on their intelligence.

completing dungeon/dragon threads grants access to premium classes: dungeon capturer and summoner. they allow djinn equip and summoning, respectively. (summoning is an original rebirth feature to provide boons similar to djinn equip for magic-wielding characters l; they can summon the rukh of their slayed dragon into the field.) other premium classes include household vessel from dungeon capturer and acolyte from summoner (tbd).

exclusive classes are only available through event cycles. they function as subclasses for the original subclasses to broaden one's option for magoi abilities (e.g. mechanic subclass for scholar).

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS

dungeons and dragons can be found in conquest threads. they function similar to raids and vary from being objective or combat-based. conquest threads are taken collectively (max. 4) while event conquest threads can accomodate broader numbers.

there may be criteria set for characters who fulfill ic requirements to earn the djinn/dragon from a particular conquest. these events are also death-enabled but will reward greatly.

AL THAMEN VS CHURCH

rebirth's story will revolve around three major narrative plots: each one is represented by the objectives to be fulfilled by al thamen executive (canon role). these narrative plots are crucial in fulfilling al thamen's goals and are also relevant in fulfilling the church's (or there may be narrative plots that are centered on church instead).

each narrative arc is packed with a lot of event cycles, each one builds up the story as it goes while providing a break to its otherwise dark genre.

REIM CONTINENT

there is still some considerations being made but there is an inclination to limit the central hub to the reim continent to avoid unnecessary complications in roleplaying in a worldwide setting, e.g. transportation, visa, etc.

if you guys are in i can make a discord grp to discuss these concepts so just lmk if you do! uwu @yumyums @java
last edit on Sept 21, 2020 4:18:42 GMT by lancelot
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
i personally think it might take away a little from the world building if reim is the only place you can rp in? maybe there’s an event that draws the continents closer, but there’s a lot of variety offered by kou and heliohapt that would be unfortunate to exclude.

it also may just be me, but usually i find trick type archetypes pretty lacking in mmorpg-like and adjacent games/rps. there is a hell of a lot of variety you get for mages and warriors, and scholar and rogue seem way more specific in comparison, so maybe combine them and have their specific play styles as sub archetypes instead?

also, sure, send me a dm!
last edit on Sept 22, 2020 6:31:54 GMT by bc
352written posts
vonearned bits
offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
im not really super inclined with it, but hawks rly provided solid arguments. It's kind of a wasted potential to not include other countries, i think it would be really good to include nation politics as part of the conflicts as well, not just religion. For the rest of the concept, i think it was nailed pretty well!!! There's some questions like household vessels being a "OC-partner" and like contingency when that partner leaves.

hmu on discord |D von#5929
last edit on Sept 22, 2020 20:47:10 GMT by von
aliaslance
pronounshe/him
65written posts
lancelotearned bits
offlinecurrently
lancelot
lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
oh! what i meant with making reim the central hub is, making it a major place for the site plot but still allowing other countries to exist in the rp setting (eg heliohapt, kou, artemyra). but yes get what you guys mean! and i actually appreciate that input about nation politics conflict. maybe we actually work it out ^^

re: classes, i also understand how scholar and rogue are somehow sub archetypes of the warrior and magician classes xD but the reason i have for distinguishing them is because of their magoi abilities. each class activates/use magoi abilities depending on their quirks. eg

FOR MAGICIANS, they can use magoi that commands magic and affects the surroundings.
FOR SCHOLARS, magoi that alters magoi of the user or other characters

but yes, having this kind of system needs a lot of polishing too so nothing's final xD

sorry for late responses! will get my laptop ready this weekend so then i can start a gc. thanks for your inputs! uwu

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.