Post by lancelot on Sept 2, 2020 15:38:01 GMT
ooc: hello! i’m recruiting so if you guys want to hop on just say so uwu i have these ideas i want to polish more so feel free to ask if there’s anything vague ^^
“rebirth” is a modern, non-canon, faction-based roleplay inspired by the animanga magi. it follows the story of characters in a power struggle to save humanity from the brink of chaos. with magis suddenly disappearing, al thamen wins the power over civilization, and disorder and chaos as we know them ravages the modern-day streets in an attempt to end the world with il ilah’s coming. but without the magi’s existence, the quest of dark magicians seem impossible. even the rebellion led by solomon’s disciples is at the edge of disbandment. not until a dungeon appears.
1. MODERN TECHNOLOGY. cities are reliant on their technological advancement more than their ability to use magoi. since magis disappear into the modern epoch, so as the teachings that help humans understand the rukh’s power. but a few still does.
2. CLASS-BASED SYSTEM. this roleplay will utilize class-based system to easily categorize a character’s fighting style, weapons, and abilities. abilities are their own system (which i will tackle later) and players are free to conceptualize their own. characters can only have one class but has the opportunity to claim premium and exclusive ones through events (sort of an upgrade)
3. MAGOI ABILITIES. abilities differ for each class. some of them are distinguished in the way they are activated or their effects when they are used. players can customize their own abilities under the guidance of staff (to ensure they’re not godmodding or whatsoever).
4. DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. dungeons are vital canon in the magi series—they grant conquerers djinns which give them incredible magic. dungeons also play an important role in the site plot and will be granted to players as site boons. dragons (particularly origin dragons from alma torran) play a similar role as dungeons, but for magic-inclined classes (eg magician, scholar). we’ll try to balance their distribution so it will not be lopsided for both sides.
5. AL THAMEN VS CHURCH. while other canons are missing, we’ll surely won’t miss al thamen. they, and the church of solomon, are two grueling factions in rebirth. conflicting ideologies, contrasting goals—they exist to make it difficult for the other to achieve their goals. although this won’t always be the case. as rebirth deals with darker roleplay themes like war, terrorism, death, there will still be times where it hinges on friendly competition or even trying to work together. afterall, people’s affiliations are not always obvious ic.
6. GLOBAL SUPERPOWERS. while this will be a worldwide setting, reim and kou are the central hubs of rebirth roleplay. reim itself is divided into three countries and kou into five federal states. ic, they are competing economically and politically to top the other.
if you’re interested, i suppose you may post below! it’s also nice if you know anything about coding or sumn (since i forgot everything i learned on hs KSKSSHJDH but i can do some relatively below-average modifications and stuff, if only i get my laptop fixed). i’ll try to respond as soon as i can, or you may hit me on discord at lancelot#7765 <3